Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Campag to Shimano cassette conversion

• 29-04-2019 2:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭

Hope someone can help :D

Building up a bike with 10 speed Di2 and I have a pair of Campag Shamals (2004)
    Does anyone know if any manufacture ever released a conversion cassettes so I can run these wheels on the Di2 or do I have to swap the fw body?

thank

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

I think Miche did.

And Ambrosio also did.

But I'm having trouble finding any online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,452 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

BennyMul wrote: »
    Hope someone can help :D

Building up a bike with 10 speed Di2 and I have a pair of Campag Shamals (2004)
    Does anyone know if any manufacture ever released a conversion cassettes so I can run these wheels on the Di2 or do I have to swap the fw body?

thank

Why bother with conversion kit when the freehub body does the job so efficiently? They can be sourced for <€60 from memory, which considering the price of a set of Shamal (~€1k) is reasonable money for the 'proper' solution? You may be able to source a used one for c€35-40

^^^^^^^

€1000 for a set of 2004 Shamal wheels?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,249 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i suspect he meant a set of new shamals!

i suspect he meant a set of new shamals!

But O.P.'s wheels are 2004.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,452 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

Eamonnator wrote: »
    But O.P.'s wheels are 2004.

Ahhh, quite........I missed that bit. Sorry !

While the sentiment remains valid, the financials might need a rethink !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭BennyMul

I like the wheels, hold up my fat ar$e so looking for any solution,

Did look at replacing the FH but seems to be very hard to source due to the age.

thank for the help

@O.P

I have used these free hubs for Campagnolo Zonda and Fulcrum Racing Zero wheels. They may fit your Shamals.
    They may also be cheaper elsewhere.

https://www.bike-discount.de/en/buy/campagnolo-freehub-body-shimano-9-10-11-speed-621654

cheers Eamonnator

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭letape

BennyMul wrote: »
    I like the wheels, hold up my fat ar$e so looking for any solution,

Did look at replacing the FH but seems to be very hard to source due to the age.

thank for the help

Campagnolo Shamal hub and freehub design has not changed since the early 2000s. The current model hubs have been upgraded to ceramic (USB) bearings but the freehubs themselves are unchanged. Current model freehubs are readily available from any shop for between 60 and 70.

• Advertisement

thanks @letape

Advertisement