Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Concrete wall waterproofing ?

• 29-04-2019 4:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Hi all,

Does anyone know the best product to use to waterproof the top side of my shed wall. ( see attached pic for wall and slope).
    Is there something I can paint on that will prevent water coming through ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭xabi

I cant see how water will come through.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 rwaldron21

The garden wall and the shed wall have a 1 inch gap. the gap was covered years ago with a concrete slope to help the rain run off.
    the inside of the shed wall is ALWAYS damp...so looking to waterproof the exposed side of the shed wall and slope.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭SC024

Fix a lead flashing onto the shed wall & turn down over the garden wall & then render the wall of the shed down onto a stop bead fixed over the lead flashing.
    rwaldron21 wrote: »
    The garden wall and the shed wall have a 1 inch gap. the gap was covered years ago with a concrete slope to help the rain run off.
    the inside of the shed wall is ALWAYS damp...so looking to waterproof the exposed side of the shed wall and slope.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,595 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

long run/not much access there so I would use the torch on felt, in strips, starting at the bottom

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,113 ✭✭✭✭listermint

long run/not much access there so I would use the torch on felt, in strips, starting at the bottom

Ya I'd just do that. Keep it simple.

• Advertisement

Thx for the replies,

aside from flashing or felt is there any solvent based sealant that I could just brush on instead ?

This below seems too good to be true ?

https://www.screwfix.com/p/no-nonsense-water-repellent-seal-clear-5ltr/57474?_requestid=144349

Thx for the replies,

aside from flashing or felt is there any solvent based sealant that I could just brush on instead ?

This below seems too good to be true ?

https://www.screwfix.com/p/no-nonsense-water-repellent-seal-clear-5ltr/57474?_requestid=144349

that stuff only works on smooth surfaces such as plastered walls, the blockwork is far too porous for it.
    it only lasts about a year anyway.
    How much access do you have to it?

Access to the back of the shed ?

full access, the shed backs onto an open green area.

Is there any product I could brush onto the blockwork ?

There's plenty of products claiming to be able to waterproof the concrete but I need someone that knows a product that defo works.

If flashing of felting is the answer then I would need to get someone else to that, but I could brush a product on myself .

Thx for your help

what length is it?

maybe this as a diy job
    https://www.selcobw.com/bostik-flashband-original-grey-10m-x-600mm

not cheap but is a diy job, just look up the videos

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭SC024

I think the only way to do it right is as I said, torch on etc is just taking the lazy option imho. it would never look right. Same for any of the paint on liquids. only a temporary measure I don't see them lasting.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭mikeymouse

Tanking slurry might do the job?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 builditright

Hi all,

Does anyone know the best product to use to waterproof the top side of my shed wall. ( see attached pic for wall and slope).
    Is there something I can paint on that will prevent water coming through ?

Hi this product will work can be brushed on .

Advertisement