Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving into a new house that has prepay which I do not want?

Options
  • 29-04-2019 6:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi, how do I get regular meter readings etc when the house I just moved into is prepay which I do not want?

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 361 Verified rep Electric Ireland: Aoife

Hi deehogan, 

Thank you for getting in touch. 

Even if there is a Pay As You Go meter in the property, meter readings will still be required regularly. ESB Networks aim to visit the property four times a year to read the meter.

Do you know if the meter is an Electric Ireland Pay As You Go meter or is from another supplier? You can revert to bill-pay and deactivate the meter if you wish. In order to do this, you need to register with the provider of your choice. A message will be sent to the existing supplier and they will be able to provide a deactivation code if you call them. If the meter is with Electric Ireland, you can contact the dedicated Pay As You Go team on 1850 372 372 or  
    01 8529534 to reset the meter.

New Electric Ireland customers can get a 5.5% savings if they opt for direct debit and Online Billing. There is a further 3% available if they register for both gas and electricity. There is a €150 online joining bonus (€200 for dual fuel) available when customers signs up online here. This will take a number of working days to process and you may need to wait for this to be processed before calling for the deactivation code.

Please let us know if you have any questions.  

Thanks, 
    Aoife

Advertisement