Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shipping a bike

Options
  • 29-04-2019 8:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭

Just wanted to ask if anyone has shipped a bike overseas? I’m over in Sweden quite regularly and I’ve never been able to get much cycling done. I’ve recently bought a new bike and I’m thinking of sending my old one over there and leave it there. We are planning to go over for two weeks this summer so I think I would go crazy without a bike! Any info on anyone’s experience and who they used would be appreciated. I don’t want the hassle of flying with the bike at the time btw, we’ve a six year old going with us so would have to rent a car big enough for all that.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Just wanted to ask if anyone has shipped a bike overseas? I’m over in Sweden quite regularly and I’ve never been able to get much cycling done. I’ve recently bought a new bike and I’m thinking of sending my old one over there and leave it there. We are planning to go over for two weeks this summer so I think I would go crazy without a bike! Any info on anyone’s experience and who they used would be appreciated. I don’t want the hassle of flying with the bike at the time btw, we’ve a six year old going with us so would have to rent a car big enough for all that.

Why don't you just take it on the flight?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 ianc4000

bring it with you on the plane( i mean put it in the hold ) next time you fly there. it is easy , costs about 50 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

O.P. has said why he doesn't want to bring bike on the plane with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Well then ring a shipping company and get a quote...

• Registered Users Posts: 12 ianc4000

my mistake i just read the first few lines

• Advertisement
Advertisement