Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 Irish Gigs (Rumoured & Confirmed events)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,589 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

And deservedly so.

Also this ‘sold out the 3arena’ line needs to be stopped.

They’ve nowhere near sold it out!
    Plenty of tickets available right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Thrashssacre

bennyl10 wrote: »
    And deservedly so.

Why deservedly there just some kids making some "edgy music" it's fairly harmless at the end of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Thrashssacre

bennyl10 wrote: »
    And deservedly so.

Why deservedly there just some kids making some "edgy music" it's fairly harmless at the end of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Rumours of a 12 city Pearl Jam euro tour

Haven't played here as a band since 2010. A show at Slane could be right up there alley. Remember Metallica didnt play here in 10 years until this year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭Burty330

Whatever happened to that new Pearl Jam album. I reckon they binned it when they realized how awful "Cant Deny Me" was.

still , ill catch them live in Europe somewhere regardless. Don't matter if the play the o2 or not for me as i wouldn't go to see them under the poor sound conditions you get with the point depot/3Arena

• Registered Users Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Harmless it's not. Shed load of great Irish music around at the moment. Versatile is to Irish kids musical horizons what McGregor is to their sporting ones. It's not the **** I want kids listening to. But hey, who cares what I think, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,792 ✭✭✭hynesie08

I **** a black bitches
    When my fat bitch is at home in the kitchen
    All my side bitches are dark skinned and kissing and licking my dick they prefer it to chicken
    Listen, It's hard to please a black woman especially when they think your white dick's the size of nothin'
    Compared to black flutes that they are usually suckin'

You'd be OK with your kids saying this??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

hynesie08 wrote: »
    I **** a black bitches
    When my fat bitch is at home in the kitchen
    All my side bitches are dark skinned and kissing and licking my dick they prefer it to chicken
    Listen, It's hard to please a black woman especially when they think your white dick's the size of nothin'
    Compared to black flutes that they are usually suckin'

You'd be OK with your kids saying this??

I've heard similar in black rap but talking about other races asians/whites etc.

I reckon people have too much time on their hands to be offended.

You have the choice to not listen. Exercise it.

It's like going to a comedy show and enjoying it until there's that one joke that doesn't sit well with you and then you want to cancel/heckle the whole thing.

Other people enjoyed that joke. Just leave the room and let others enjoy the rest of the act.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

They are ****e though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭exilec

William DuVall (Alice in chains)will play Whelan's on Wednesday 25 March 2020.

Tickets on sale this Friday, 11 October at 9 am.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

I've heard similar in black rap but talking about other races asians/whites etc.

I reckon people have too much time on their hands to be offended.

You have the choice to not listen. Exercise it.

It's like going to a comedy show and enjoying it until there's that one joke that doesn't sit well with you and then you want to cancel/heckle the whole thing.

Other people enjoyed that joke. Just leave the room and let others enjoy the rest of the act.

they can use lyrics they want, that's their right,
    however they should be called out for it also, especially when its as blatant, as it is, and not a joke, a la a comedian.

they'll have their 5 minutes of fame and judging by 3arena numbers thats about it

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Eod100 wrote: »

I'm gonna guess Thom Yorke or Caribou.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Either would be unreal in fairness! Dunno are nu hopes as high ha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭fafy

Thom was announced for two festival gigs the other day, so you might be on the right track here. He’s playing Roskilde(Denmark) & Open’er- Gdansk(Poland))next July

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭exilec

Dan Snaith aka Caribou will play Iveagh Gardens Dublin on 11 July 2020. Tickets go on general sale Friday 11 October at 09:00 http://bit.ly/2MhIchS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

exilec wrote: »
    Dan Snaith aka Caribou will play Iveagh Gardens Dublin on 11 July 2020. Tickets go on general sale Friday 11 October at 09:00 http://bit.ly/2MhIchS

New track "Home" is out now. First Caribou music in 5 years. Surprised about the Iveagh Gardens booking - didn't know if they'd be big enough for it but I'll be getting tickets I'd say!

Excelsior!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

New track "Home" is out now. First Caribou music in 5 years. Surprised about the Iveagh Gardens booking - didn't know if they'd be big enough for it but I'll be getting tickets I'd say!

I’d love to go, he was amazing in Galway two years ago. Just can’t afford another wkend in Dublin. Ugh hate not being able to go to absolutely everything

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭fafy

A lot of the Iveagh Gardens acts play the Marquee- Cork, but he’d never sell that on his own, but perhaps with another act he would.

Saw him in the relatively small Crane Lane a good while back , and saw him also at EP, in B&S and that was unreal, he’s more suited to indoors though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Peter File

Burty330 wrote: »
    Whatever happened to that new Pearl Jam album. I reckon they binned it when they realized how awful "Cant Deny Me" was.

still , ill catch them live in Europe somewhere regardless. Don't matter if the play the o2 or not for me as i wouldn't go to see them under the poor sound conditions you get with the point depot/3Arena
    Sound is excellent in there. Only problem is bands employing bad sound engineers. Don't blame the venue when it's not their fault bands mess up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

fafy wrote: »
    A lot of the Iveagh Gardens acts play the Marquee- Cork, but he’d never sell that on his own, but perhaps with another act he would.

Saw him in the relatively small Crane Lane a good while back , and saw him also at EP, in B&S and that was unreal, he’s more suited to indoors though.
    Hopefully he comes to cork, I'm in Dublin way too often these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Rfrip wrote: »
    I’d love to go, he was amazing in Galway two years ago. Just can’t afford another wkend in Dublin. Ugh hate not being able to go to absolutely everything

It's on a Saturday - that's the only reason I can consider it.

The sheer amount of gigs that I'd have gone to if I was Dublin-based this year is off the charts. Missed almost all of them, though.

Already have Bon Iver in Dublin next year as it's on the Sunday of a bank holiday weekend so if they keep falling well, I may get to a few more things!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭piplip87

What's the craic roumers on all the Pearl Jane groups that an announcement regarding a World tour and new album is imminent ? Anybody have any ideas

• Registered Users Posts: 21,383 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

piplip87 wrote: »
    What's the craic roumers on all the Pearl Jane groups that an announcement regarding a World tour and new album is imminent ? Anybody have any ideas

A post on the PJ forums. Doesn't seem legit though, mentions worldwide tour starting January and double album. I'm not believing it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Does the day of the week end with a "y"? Must be time for a Pearl Jam tour rumour!

(also applicable to Bruce Springsteen)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Seems Ozzy Osbourne is about to reschedule again hope not but vague enough a video posted on social media of him talking as much hopefully he is referring to the initial reschedule and its a mistake, tickets still remain on sale for it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

Seems Ozzy Osbourne is about to reschedule again hope not but vague enough a video posted on social media of him talking as much hopefully he is referring to the initial reschedule and its a mistake, tickets still remain on sale for it anyway.

His Twitter says European Dates Postponed .... US will go ahead.

Honestly, he should just retire .... but Sharon needs a new face so gotta get the cash cow back out on the road.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭Penfailed

piplip87 wrote: »

According to one of the guys on the forums, who seems to have an inside track on announcements, has pretty much confirmed a tour next year. I haven't seen any confirmation regarding an album.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

Advertisement