Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 Irish Gigs (Rumoured & Confirmed events)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I think 3 dates now in Dublin

That's some going. Big stepup from one night in Bord Gais last year

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

He did a night in Cork (a great night) as well this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Some speculation from me here - Aiken Promotions tweeted links to positive reviews for the new Big Thief album. Maybe an announcement on the way there? They played earlier in the year but could be one for the Iveagh Gardens or something like that?

Also, plenty of rumours that Arcade Fire will be touring Funeral, and that Nine Inch Nails will be around early next summer too. Might be a few to keep an eye on there.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Some speculation from me here - Aiken Promotions tweeted links to positive reviews for the new Big Thief album. Maybe an announcement on the way there? They played earlier in the year but could be one for the Iveagh Gardens or something like that?

Also, plenty of rumours that Arcade Fire will be touring Funeral, and that Nine Inch Nails will be around early next summer too. Might be a few to keep an eye on there.

Yep I've a feeling that Big Thief will tour new album here at some stage alright. Arcade Fire touring Funeral would be class! Wonder what venue would it be? Three Arena? I've still not seen them life so be a great chance to. Think 15th anniversary was this year so might promote it as that I guess

• Registered Users Posts: 43,907 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Eod100 wrote: »
    Arcade Fire touring Funeral would be class! Wonder what venue would it be? Three Arena? I've still not seen them life so be a great chance to. Think 15th anniversary was this year so might promote it as that I guess
    They played Funeral in full at one or two gigs in LA last year.. it would be great but I get the impression they won't be touring it.

Don't get me wrong.. they're promoting the hell out of the 15th Anniversary but I think that's it... although I'd love to be proven wrong.

Do go see them when you've a chance though.. probably seen them 8 or 10 times and they get better EVERY time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭DarMul17

Arcade fire in 2018 was one of the best gigs I've ever seen, up there with radiohead the year before. A must see band, hopefully they play again next year. As for nine inch nails my favourite band, I don't get the feeling Ireland is on their priority, the last time they played was Belfast for belsonic and before that oxygen in 2009. If they did it would be amazing, but I just getting the feeling that when a tour is announced that the UK will get preference while we get flown over.

I'm wondering if M83 will do a tour and finally play a show here, and when will tool announce something.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭fafy

laros wrote: »
    Thom Yorke has announced UK dates for next July, nothing yet for Ireland.

Hence, i am going for London tickets, Radiohead had a 10 year gap between performances here, so most of my gigs have been in UK. Don’t think he has ever played solo here, has he ?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,040 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Shedite27 wrote: »
    are they ever gonna drop the "and Adam Lambert" bit.

Lots of bands change members/singers.
    Surely there's nobody going who's gonna be suprised to see it's not Freddy Mercury singing.
    And I can't think reminding people that Adam Lambert is there boosts ticket sales.

Any idea why they do it?
    Believe it or not there are queen fans that see lambert as a quality benchmark and would be angered if another vocalist turned up

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

DarMul17 wrote: »
    As for nine inch nails my favourite band, I don't get the feeling Ireland is on their priority, the last time they played was Belfast for belsonic and before that oxygen in 2009. If they did it would be amazing, but I just getting the feeling that when a tour is announced that the UK will get preference while we get flown over.

Tbf Oxegen was before they disbanded and Belsonic was when they started touring again, Haven't toured Europe since 2014 although they had a handful of festival dates and one offs in 2018.

Tbf Oxegen was before they disbanded and Belsonic was when they started touring again, Haven't toured Europe since 2014 although they had a handful of festival dates and one offs in 2018.
    I’d sell a kidney to see NIN

• Advertisement

Shedite27 wrote: »
    are they ever gonna drop the "and Adam Lambert" bit.

Lots of bands change members/singers.
    Surely there's nobody going who's gonna be suprised to see it's not Freddy Mercury singing.
    And I can't think reminding people that Adam Lambert is there boosts ticket sales.

Any idea why they do it?
    Believe it or not there are queen fans that see lambert as a quality benchmark and would be angered if another vocalist turned up

• Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭fafy

Tbh, i hope not.They are just 5 albums into their career, doesen’t sound like them.

Their last gig at 3arena showed no shortage of creativity, a dam fine gig, this would be a big backward step, if they were to play the whole album, they always play a few from it, and thats fine, but to tour it, putely on the basis of being 15 years old, just doesen’t seem like something they would do.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

BLOSSOMS ANNOUNCE IRISH HEADLINE SHOWS FOR FEB & MARCH 2020

NEW ALBUM FOOLISH LOVING SPACES RELEASED JANUARY 31ST 2020

2020 Tour Dates:

29th February – Cyprus Avenue, Cork
    1st March – Dolans, Limerick
    3rd March – Limelight Club, Belfast
    4th March – Olympia Theatre, Dublin

On sale this Friday at 9am

Special guests on the tour will be The Lathums.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

fafy wrote: »
    Tbh, i hope not.They are just 5 albums into their career, doesen’t sound like them.

Their last gig at 3arena showed no shortage of creativity, a dam fine gig, this would be a big backward step, if they were to play the whole album, they always play a few from it, and thats fine, but to tour it, putely on the basis of being 15 years old, just doesen’t seem like something they would do.

When a band starts touring about playing one of their albums in full it generally means their best days are behind them and their creativity is drying up. Wouldn't have thought Arcade Fire were there just yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭exilec

Lenny kravitz after announcing European tour for June/July . No Ireland or U.K dates :( . Hopefully he makes a trip over to us

• Registered Users Posts: 15,665 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Zardoz wrote: »
    BLOSSOMS ANNOUNCE IRISH HEADLINE SHOWS FOR FEB & MARCH 2020

NEW ALBUM FOOLISH LOVING SPACES RELEASED JANUARY 31ST 2020

2020 Tour Dates:

29th February – Cyprus Avenue, Cork
    1st March – Dolans, Limerick
    3rd March – Limelight Club, Belfast
    4th March – Olympia Theatre, Dublin

On sale this Friday at 9am

Special guests on the tour will be The Lathums.

Any idea on the prices for this?

Just checked and there are still some on sale in the UK for £26 on better nights. Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday gigs in Ireland.

FitzShane wrote: »

Just checked and there are still some on sale in the UK for £26 on better nights. Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday gigs in Ireland.

27-28 euro plus fees for Dublin and Limerick ,Cork is 24 euro .

Cyprus Avenue getting some good acts since the redevelopment ,which is very welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,809 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Cyprus Avenue getting some good acts since the redevelopment ,which is very welcome.

Still haven't been. Is it as good a venue as its rep suggests?

The Nal wrote: »
    Still haven't been. Is it as good a venue as its rep suggests?

Well seeing as you think the 3Arena is a shocking venue and should be torn down I dont think you will be impressed with Cyprus Avenue .:p

Its ok as a music venue ,the old place was very poor ,it was basically like a big upstairs room in a house .
    Small with a low roof and a beam that blocked your view if you were too far back.
    The sound was shocking too.

Its better now but it will never have good acoustics.
    Its nice and small so very intimate .

• Registered Users Posts: 12,809 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Well seeing as you think the 3Arena is a shocking venue and should be torn down I dont think you will be impressed with Cyprus Avenue .:p

Its ok as a music venue ,the old place was very poor ,it was basically like a big upstairs room in a house .
    Small with a low roof and a beam that blocked your view if you were too far back.
    The sound was shocking too.

Its better now but it will never have good acoustics.
    Its nice and small so very intimate .

The Three is a soulless kip that looks and feels like I'm at a gig in a converted Woodies with terrible sound that echoes around the place.

Decent venue when all the seats are down though and keeps the sound in.

Anyway, will keep an eye for gigs in Cork. Great city for a few beers too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Mcd announcing something at 2pm.

9am East Coast USA time so perhaps someone American.

The Nal wrote: »
    The Three is a soulless kip that looks and feels like I'm at a gig in a converted Woodies with terrible sound that echoes around the place.

Decent venue when all the seats are down though and keeps the sound in.

Anyway, will keep an eye for gigs in Cork. Great city for a few beers too.

I like the 3Arena as a venue,its very compact .

I agree ,the sound is better with all the seats in ,its usually pristine .
    Standing gigs are more hit and miss ,but I think alot of that is due to the sound engineers as the lower frequency effects overpower everything else.
    The drums are usually the worst offenders .

I think you mentioned before that the First Direct Arena in Leeds ,which is a similar design has curtains at the back of the standing area to dampen the reverberations .
    Perhaps the 3Arena could deploy something similar but it would probably reduce the capacity .

Cork is a great city ,its come on alot in the last few years .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Mcd announcing something at 2pm.

9am East Coast USA time so perhaps someone American.

Ash, Aimee, Lisa McHugh for NYE

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

dinneenp wrote: »
    Ash, Aimee, Lisa McHugh for NYE

Walking on cars heading it.

Jeez Ash. On second to walking on cars.

Guess walking on cars are more relevant.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Wolf parade 15 March button factory. On sale Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 43,907 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Walking on cars heading it.

Jeez Ash. On second to walking on cars.

Guess walking on cars are more relevant.
    Yeah, money talks..

.. Walking On Cars are selling out 3Arena whereas I don't think Ash sold out their last gig in The Olympia.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,383 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

FitzShane wrote: »

Cork gig is a Saturday night.

Only saw Therapy? in new Cyprus Avenue, really like it. Feels like a proper venue. The Darkness next month too, Pearl Jem in January

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭danoriordan1402

Mushy wrote: »
    Cork gig is a Saturday night.

Only saw Therapy? in new Cyprus Avenue, really like it. Feels like a proper venue. The Darkness next month too, Pearl Jem in January

Are those Pearl Jem tickets available now? Saw them before , class band

• Registered Users Posts: 21,383 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Are those Pearl Jem tickets available now? Saw them before , class band

No don't appear to be. Hopefully will become "official" soon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Duffy98

Seems like Coldplay are annoucing a new album , would it be safe to say we could see them back in Croke park? I think they could do Slane no problem but I think its safe to say thats AC/DC's next year

Advertisement