Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 Irish Gigs (Rumoured & Confirmed events)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭DarMul17

Nick Cave, absolutely delighted. Any news on a presale?

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭DarMul17

fafy wrote: »
    Bought tickets on the Wednesday presale for both of the London gigs, he mixes up setlists a lot, so worth going to both, not taking any chances he won’t play here, and RH had a remarkable 9 year gap in playing gigs here.

Didn't even know about the presale, I seem lucky to have got two standing tickets. I was at that radiohead gig in 2017, incredible gig. If he was to play here, I would imagine it would be vicar Street or olympia theatre, seems doubtful, anyway can't wait to see him in that venue in London.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,809 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

F*ck sake. Any chance he'll stick around for the Saturday?

Very possible yeah. His gig in Kilmainham was an overwhleming success so demand may be high. Wouldn't be surprised to see a 2nd date appear at 9.15am on Friday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

The Nal wrote: »
    Very possible yeah. His gig in Kilmainham was an overwhleming success so demand may be high. Wouldn't be surprised to see a 2nd date appear at 9.15am on Friday.

I'd better keep an eye out - had a quick look at his itinerary and there's not too many Saturday gigs unless I feel like a trip to Madrid, Stockholm, Birmingham or Munich...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,809 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

I'd better keep an eye out - had a quick look at his itinerary and there's not too many Saturday gigs unless I feel like a trip to Madrid, Stockholm, Birmingham or Munich...

Stockholm is fantastic if you havent been.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

Yeha Kilmainham is 15k capacity, the Point very similar. He will definitley sell out one night

Stockholm is fantastic if you havent been.

I have not - but if I ever I needed an excuse, this is it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭fafy

DarMul17 wrote: »
    Didn't even know about the presale, I seem lucky to have got two standing tickets. I was at that radiohead gig in 2017, incredible gig. If he was to play here, I would imagine it would be vicar Street or olympia theatre, seems doubtful, anyway can't wait to see him in that venue in London.

To date, RH have been always been with MCD, so Olympia more likely, i missed out, when they did two gigs at the Olympia in 2003, which were legendary, But don’t think he’s ever had a solo gig here, not with AFP either, so not hopeful of one tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Duffy98

Blink 182 touring the UK Summer 2020 so maybe an Irish date possibly?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Duffy98 wrote: »
    Blink 182 touring the UK Summer 2020 so maybe an Irish date possibly?

Jesus they woud of really fitted into the Hella Mega tour lineup

Not overly mad about them since the guy from Alakaline Trio joined. Orginal lineup was the best

Prob Olympia date

• Advertisement

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Jesus they woud of really fitted into the Hella Mega tour lineup

Not overly mad about them since the guy from Alakaline Trio joined. Orginal lineup was the best

Prob Olympia date
    Yeah would of fitted in well alright but they might not get on with the other bands , id say the three arena like if kaiser chiefs are being put in there then I say they would as well , as venues go the Olympia trumps the three in my opinion its way more intimate and the sounds amazing was in there the other night for two door cinema club and the sound was top notch , would like for it to be the olympia could potentially meet one of them after the gig

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭exilec

Kasabian announced for Uk show on June 20th . Hopefully they come over this way !

exilec wrote: »
    Kasabian announced for Uk show on June 20th . Hopefully they come over this way !

That date has me thinking Malahide Castle, maybe?

And, if Malahide is on the cards, maybe Independent Park in Cork?

Think those gigs are around mid-June so the timing might suit.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,560 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

#C2C2020 LINEUP REVEALED

We're delighted to announce the lineup for this yearS Country to Country at @3ArenaDUBLIN! Topping the bill will be @EricChurch, @DariusRucker, @LukeCombs, along with @TheCadillac3, @OldDominion, @BrettYoung and more!

Tickets on sale 10am Fri 1st Nov

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

That date has me thinking Malahide Castle, maybe?

And, if Malahide is on the cards, maybe Independent Park in Cork?

Think those gigs are around mid-June so the timing might suit.

Hmm hard to tell if they are big enough headliner for Malahide on their own. They havent sold out the 3Arena the past 2 times but they've both been Monday gigs. Trinity is probably slightly too small a venue.

Independent Park is a good shout I reckon with a gig somewhere in Dublin or Belfast thrown in too.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    #C2C2020 LINEUP REVEALED

We're delighted to announce the lineup for this yearS Country to Country at @3ArenaDUBLIN! Topping the bill will be @EricChurch, @DariusRucker, @LukeCombs, along with @TheCadillac3, @OldDominion, @BrettYoung and more!

Tickets on sale 10am Fri 1st Nov

I'm amazed how popular country music is if they have this tour over here every year

All the music sounds very similar to me

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I'm amazed how popular country music is if they have this tour over here every year

Sure it's the same themes, instruments etc as Irish trad music, easy to see why it travels well to Ireland.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

lc180 wrote: »
    Hmm hard to tell if they are big enough headliner for Malahide on their own. They havent sold out the 3Arena the past 2 times but they've both been Monday gigs. Trinity is probably slightly too small a venue.

Independent Park is a good shout I reckon with a gig somewhere in Dublin or Belfast thrown in too.

I can only see them doing one show here if they do play or maybe do EP?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,907 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Summarises it pretty well for me..

Next years the last year of live at the Marquee , looks like Independent Park will be the main spot for gigs , Aiken couldnt compete with MCD at all anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Monkey2019

Next years the last year of live at the Marquee , looks like Independent Park will be the main spot for gigs , Aiken couldnt compete with MCD at all anyway

Was at Independent Park last year. Felt there was no atmosphere at it all.
    Really missed the Marquee - that was a great spot for concerts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

Ah thats a pity
    Loved going to the Marquee
    Great spot and sure always nice to know wont get soaked at a gig :D

I hope this isn't the case - I think that the two can both work - so hopefully Aiken finds an alternative spot.

There is still a demand for 3,000-5,000 capacity gigs in Cork, as well as the 12-13,000 that Independent Park can offer so if it ended up just being IP, I think we'd lose out on quite a bit.

That said, the lineup for the Marquee last year was dreadful and, by all accounts, plenty of the shows didn't sell out so it would need to be better next year.

Christy Moore (shock!) has a date for the Marquee in 2020 on his website (or at least he did last week!) so there'll definitely be a few shows.

Have seen some good shows there in the Marquee over the years - Beck, the National (x2), Foals, Midlake/Grizzly Bear, Fleet Foxes, Noel Gallagher, Kraftwerk...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

My favourite ever Marquee gig was Muse/Ash about 20 years ago

Was only ever in the marquee twice and felt it was ok but jammed

Biffy clyro in 2014 was an amazing gig

sad to see it go next year. IIP is ok but the food/drinks areas are noting special

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Always Be Closing

Shedite27 wrote: »

June Bank Holiday Weekend 2001

We did Galway and Cork the following night

Drinking pints with Tim Wheeler and Matt Bellamy as a 15 yearold in the Summer sun was unforgettable

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Shedite27 wrote: »

I was at that too, a great night. My first concert. I think it was 2001. Think it was part of the Heineken Green Energy festival back then.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,663 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Underworld forbidden fruit next year

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Underworld forbidden fruit next year

Decent first announcement - Loyle Carner, Park Hye Jin and Fatima Yamaha announced too.

Scaled down to 2 days next year too so wonder if that means dropping the indie day and keeping the rest?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Its the last year it will be at the current location but it may continue elsewhere.

Aiken has run it into the ground over the last few years with the same rubbish acts.
    Its very sad to see such a decline.

The amount of talent that has appeared there since its inception is phenomenal.

Brian Wilson,Nick Cave ,Van Morrison,Bob Dylan,Kanye West,Robert Plant,Duran Duran ,The Who,Lionel Richie,Elton John,Dolly Parton,Eric Clapton Jay-Z,Lou Reed,Meatloaf,Neil Young,Paul Simon,Paul Weller,Pink,Morrissey,Lady Gaga,Rod Stewart,Kenny Rogers,The Cranberries,Tom Jones,Bryan Adams,Sting,The Prodigy,Tom Petty,The National,Pixies,Eddie Vedder,A-ha

Advertisement