Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 Irish Gigs (Rumoured & Confirmed events)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

Duffy98 wrote: »
    Yeah its just over a month away they would want to hurry it up they are painfully slow at times the bastards

I ended up with one of the collector tickets but mine still hasn’t arrived yet either.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

fafy wrote: »
    Afraid not , another stunning sound experience was Kraftwerk, in 2018, and have been at many where sound was excellent. Same venue all the time, its the sound people,of some acts, not having the experteese to get it right at that venue.

The only other ingredient it could be, is your location, i usually go to either the very front, if its a band i am really into, or centre one third back. I have only been in seats maybe twice out of maybe 30 gigs sonce 2005. That could be another reason.

I've actually moved around alot at the last few gigs I was at to see if the sound improved but it didn't really make a huge difference.
    A-Ha and Alanis Morissette were two recent gigs I was at and the sound was very poor.
    I actually went to A-Ha with a buddy who is a sound engineer ,he was fuming .

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Duffy98

Haim trinity series 30th June 2020

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Foo Fighters are back in Europe again next summer, few festival dates confirmed

Killers announced another date due to " phenomenal demand " for the wednesday told ye that they would do that mad for the money they are , Foo Fighters gig in the rds was amazing i doubt they would come back so soon would they?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Killers announced another date due to " phenomenal demand " for the wednesday told ye that they would do that mad for the money they are
    "Someone selling something tries to sell more of that thing" shocker

Shedite27 wrote: »
    "Someone selling something tries to sell more of that thing" shocker
    No like what im saying is that they are horrible the way they do it , they already booked the two days build the hype for one date put up like three presales so all the tickets are gone and come friday there are hardly any on sale make people desperate to get a ticket cause they missed out and throw up another date so they can lure in the people who missed out. There great at it ill give them that though

• Registered Users Posts: 38,408 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

No like what im saying is that they are horrible the way they do it , they already booked the two days build the hype for one date put up like three presales so all the tickets are gone and come friday there are hardly any on sale make people desperate to get a ticket cause they missed out and throw up another date so they can lure in the people who missed out. There great at it ill give them that though

Crab people crab people

https://youtu.be/e20DtUJDxDg

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

No like what im saying is that they are horrible the way they do it , they already booked the two days build the hype for one date put up like three presales so all the tickets are gone
    That killers thing seems pretty normal. They might legitimately have held out on the second one to see how sales are going. The second date might only have been penciled in.

The more sneaky recent one was liam gallagher, which annoyed people as the second date was a saturday, which most would have favoured far more than the sunday. Tickets for both nights are still on sale, so if they had not done this I would imagine the sunday would have really struggled, as casual fans would have not bothered.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,408 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Meh saw them in the RDS this year and Manchester last so think I have my fill of them for a while. Excellent both times mind you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Meh saw them in the RDS this year and Manchester last so think I have my fill of them for a while. Excellent both times mind you

Same

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

rubadub wrote: »
    That killers thing seems pretty normal. They might legitimately have held out on the second one to see how sales are going. The second date might only have been penciled in.

The more sneaky recent one was liam gallagher, which annoyed people as the second date was a saturday, which most would have favoured far more than the sunday. Tickets for both nights are still on sale, so if they had not done this I would imagine the sunday would have really struggled, as casual fans would have not bothered.

This is happening an awful lot.

Girl Band playing Vicar Street tonight. First one sells really strongly, they add the second one for the Saturday.

Nick Cave announces a Friday show, sells well, adds Saturday.

I'm not calling conspiracy or any nonsense - demand is there, add the dates and of course plenty of acts hold off announcing two to see how the demand is - but its just frustrating as I have now taken two days off to travel to gigs I wanted to see when I could have gone to both on a Saturday night and not taken any time.

I know I'm probably worse for taking the plunge instead of waiting but I'd be annoyed sitting at home if it turned out there was no Saturday gig added after!

Anyway, a minor gripe, I know! I'm lucky enough to get to see these bands/acts so that's something.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭DylanB85

Maybe playing Mad Cool festival again? Hearing rumors MCR are playing Mad Cool next year too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭fafy

Zardoz wrote: »
    I've actually moved around alot at the last few gigs I was at to see if the sound improved but it didn't really make a huge difference.
    A-Ha and Alanis Morissette were two recent gigs I was at and the sound was very poor.
    I actually went to A-Ha with a buddy who is a sound engineer ,he was fuming .

I was at Aha, and totally agree, it was indeed poor at that one, i was in the middle section - standing, i missed Alanis.

75418898_10157952580284548_1413255591429668864_o.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_ohc=zQyf9k-U6YUAQkYrswx6kW1hfjXRJ_3hSa_pv35588U2mHFCRq-K__tQQ&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=3b0c0e8e56dfff3941511b22fc25529a&oe=5E819788

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Keane

giphy.webp

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

The Nal wrote: »
    Keane

I'm certainly not :p

I remember going to see them at Oxegen 09 and they surprised me how good live they were

• Subscribers Posts: 41,616 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

The Nal wrote: »
    Keane

giphy.webp

i have to admit, they are my guilty pleasure :o:o:o:o

ill be there ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭schizo1014

Also pure random question has anyone whos going to slipknot recoeve their ticket(s) yet ive only got a standing ticket plus that tacky souvenier card and it hasnt arrived yet wondering if anyone else is in the same boat as myself

Mines just came this morning so no need to panic yet

• Advertisement

schizo1014 wrote: »
    Mines just came this morning so no need to panic yet
    Same just got it in the door this morning the irony , nifty little ticket in fairness. I can understand now why it took ages if everyones details were printed on each card

• Registered Users Posts: 7,663 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Laurent Garnier for you dance fans - district 8 in January 2020

• Registered Users Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

Yeah i find it hilarious that they are talking about the environment when they just flew all the way out to Jordan and shipped all their gear there to play a gig to debut their album its a bit rich coming from them in fairness

No doubt they travelled in economy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭whomenonotme

DylanB85 wrote: »
    Maybe playing Mad Cool festival again? Hearing rumors MCR are playing Mad Cool next year too

Mad Cool announced more bands today, "KHALID, HAIM, The Rapture, YUNGBLUD o London Grammar se unen al Line Up de Mad Cool Festival" added to Deftones, Foals, Taylor Swift, Billie Eilish, Twenty One Pilots, Pixies, Alt-J and Tove Lo

Ricky Gervais announced that hes going on a world tour next year so I can imagine an announcement on Monday maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

What are the chances of Billie Elish playing next year? The missus has me drive mental, talking about going abroad to see her. I'd go along to an rds/Trinity/imma if it happened.

I can see Billie headlining Longitude

• Registered Users Posts: 43,908 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Rage Against The Machine Irish date confirmed for July 4th 2020.

(albeit removed from their social media shortly after)

Screenshot-2019-11-24-20-44-09-763-com-facebook-katana.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Galego

Basq wrote: »
    Rage Against The Machine Irish date confirmed for July 4th 2020.

(albeit removed from their social media shortly after)

Screenshot-2019-11-24-20-44-09-763-com-facebook-katana.jpg

Any idea where they could be playing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,908 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Galego wrote: »
    Any idea where they could be playing?
    Nope, although you can rule out Iveagh Gardens (Fontaines DC) and Trinity (The Specials).

I'd imagine an outdoor venue anyways - Kilmainham / RDS?

Advertisement