Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 Irish Gigs (Rumoured & Confirmed events)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Galego wrote: »
    Any idea where they could be playing?

I'd say the RDS.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭its_steve116

Duffy98 wrote: »
    They are rumoured to play Slane most years in fairness , but like I mean if theres a Slane announcement surely were going to hear about it soon , last year it was known knowledge weeks in advance of the announcement that Metallica were playing so im sceptical if we are actually going to get a Slane next year just down to the fact ive heard nothing in the papers or any other media outlets more or less confiriming who's playing it. Also pure random question has anyone whos going to slipknot recoeve their ticket(s) yet ive only got a standing ticket plus that tacky souvenier card and it hasnt arrived yet wondering if anyone else is in the same boat as myself

Slane is usually every 2 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Basq wrote: »
    Rage Against The Machine Irish date confirmed for July 4th 2020.

(albeit removed from their social media shortly after)

Screenshot-2019-11-24-20-44-09-763-com-facebook-katana.jpg

Nice to see Dublin is back in the UK. ;)

What are we raging against again?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

I'd say the RDS.
    :( I hope not.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Basq wrote: »
    Rage Against The Machine Irish date confirmed for July 4th 2020.

(albeit removed from their social media shortly after)

Would they really just play Rock Am Ring and sod off Im Park and when did Ireland join the UK?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

Does this seem fake to anybody?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,908 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Does this seem fake to anybody?
    It was posted on their official Instagram (before being removed).. so while it may not be a final poster, I'd say there is truth in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Overdrive are hinting at a huge announcement. On Tuesday, guessing this is it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Slane is usually every 2 years.

Nope.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Duffy98

Slanes on a Saturday always and the 4th of July is on a saturday but can they really fill Slane im f*cking buzzing that they are coming here though looking like a great year for rock acts next year in fairness

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

I'd say the RDS.

They would not fill the Rds, nowhere near popular enough.

Zardoz wrote: »

Without Malahide it’s all that’s left

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Would they do another 3 arena show?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,408 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Now that's an announcement you can look up to

Never saw them before but RATM in Ireland cant miss that and a Saturday too

Well Somerset is Glastonbury like so they must be targeting playing big crowds. Id rather not it be at Malahide nightmare to get in and out of but acts that are doing the glastonbury shows usually play that as well , i hope its in Dublin city either the three or rds id take either rds is ambitious though

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Without Malahide it’s all that’s left
    The purpose built arena that they played last time not count? :confused:

No acts booked for 4th July in 3Arena anyway but look at least we know its all but announced

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Hyde Park due to announce gigs this week, fully expect Paul McCartney to be announced.
    Good chance he will play here too.
    MCD might put him in the RDS the same week as Green Day and put RATM in on the saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭exilec

Would love Pearl Jam slane and rage against the machine supporting . A man can dream !

Shedite27 wrote: »
    The purpose built arena that they played last time not count? :confused:

when it’s a full outdoor/festival tour it doesn’t

• Advertisement

Hyde Park due to announce gigs this week, fully expect Paul McCartney to be announced.
    Good chance he will play here too.
    MCD might put him in the RDS the same week as Green Day and put RATM in on the saturday.
    Id say your on the money there to be fair

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

The biggest mainstream festival Ireland ever had yeah they only headlined that, Be a decent sell wherever the promoter puts them I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,408 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I can feel a mirage of gig announcements on the horizon

Id recommend to sign up to their newsletter on their website in case they give out that pre-sale stuff for when they do announce a venue:
    https://www.ratm.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

bennyl10 wrote: »
    when it’s a full outdoor/festival tour it doesn’t
    nothing announced yet is it? Just a leaked poster?
    Can’t see how they’ve increased their fan numbers since 2010, would much prefer a full 3 arena than sparse Malahide/RDS.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Well Somerset is Glastonbury like so they must be targeting playing big crowds. Id rather not it be at Malahide nightmare to get in and out of but acts that are doing the glastonbury shows usually play that as well , i hope its in Dublin city either the three or rds id take either rds is ambitious though
    I cannot stand the RDS, I really hope it is not there. But the RDS and Malahide are pretty equal to get in and out of, so couldn't see either being the decider.
    exilec wrote: »
    Would love Pearl Jam slane and rage against the machine supporting . A man can dream !
    I'll dream with you :D
    But I refuse to believe anything ever again even if I see it in print, after last year more than other years..
    Shedite27 wrote: »
    nothing announced yet is it? Just a leaked poster?
    Can’t see how they’ve increased their fan numbers since 2010, would much prefer a full 3 arena than sparse Malahide/RDS.
    I think I would too, but not sure if this 'new reunion' tour :rolleyes: is more effective.
    I wonder would it be Longitude, reinvent.
    St Anne's park? What was that like last year?

The poster is a fake apparently made to troll us all what a let down apparently one of the cities is spelt wrong should have known better when it had us down as the U.K

Twenty one pilots RDS June 25th 2020 that was the big announcement this week i can imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Twenty one pilots RDS June 25th 2020 that was the big announcement this week i can imagine

Tuesday is apparently the big announcement (from Overdrive anyway)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

the RATM poster is fake.

Advertisement