Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 Irish Gigs (Rumoured & Confirmed events)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

Eod100 wrote: »
    Indiependence announcing first headliner tomorrow: https://mobile.twitter.com/Indie_pendence/status/1198949315252752384

If the headliner is international I'm gonna guess : Supergrass, Gerry Cinnamon, Ian Brown (unlikely) or Kasabian (Very unlikely)

Prob GC.

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Duffy98

Anyone have any idea what the "big" announcement is tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

Bassfish wrote: »
    Any more links to the RATM rumours? Looking at booking accommodation, christ Dublin is so expensive! €180 for a twin room in a hostel with a communal bathroom!

Where are you looking? There's quite a few city centre hotels available for less than/similar to that including the one Coppers is attached to if you are so inclined.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Duffy98 wrote: »

Faith No More countdown finishes tomorrow. Didnt think thatd be "big" though. Hellfest announcing too I think, so likely linked

• Registered Users Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

PTH2009 wrote: »
    I can feel a mirage of gig announcements on the horizon

A "mirage" of concerts?
    Acdc in Slane
    Paul McCartney in RDS
    Pearl Jam in Aviva
    Coldplay in Grafton Quarter (travelling by boat and performing an acoustic busking session using the money raised to buy trees to offset their carbon footprint)
    RATM in the Point
    Noel Gallagher in my local theatre in Ratoath.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sirmanga

Judging by a fourth David Gray gig being 'big', it really could be anyone.

McCartney announced a spate of European gigs earlier. Could be him?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,409 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

what big announcement ??

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

what big announcement ??
    Keane are playing Croke park three nights.

what big announcement ??
    Overdrive saying theres a big announcement tomorrow ill believe it when i see it cause the big announcement this week id say is that Twenty one pilots gig in the rds not my cup of tea but there for the teen market , we are going to get McCartney no doubt about that , Pearl Jam will ignore the place its probably faith no more to be honest ive never heard of um so that might be massive news to some people

Overdrive saying theres a big announcement tomorrow ill believe it when i see it cause the big announcement this week id say is that Twenty one pilots gig in the rds not my cup of tea but there for the teen market , we are going to get McCartney no doubt about that , Pearl Jam will ignore the place its probably faith no more to be honest ive never heard of um so that might be massive news to some people

• Advertisement

Suckit wrote: »
    Ill be listening to more of them anyway thanks for that

• Registered Users Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭Penfailed

its probably faith no more to be honest ive never heard of um so that might be massive news to some people

Really?!

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

Penfailed wrote: »
    Really?!
    Yeah they have an announcement tomorrow and the coincides with the "big" announcement thats suppossed to be happening tomorrow so im just guessing its them like it makes the most sense

Yeah they have an announcement tomorrow and the coincides with the "big" announcement thats suppossed to be happening tomorrow so im just guessing its them like it makes the most sense

My 'shock' was more about the fact that you'd never heard of them... :D

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

Penfailed wrote: »
    My 'shock' was more about the fact that you'd never heard of them... :D
    Haha im 21 I think i think they were before my time but ill have to give them a good listen seems ive been missing out its always a pleasnet surprise to hear a good band you have never heard of before

Haha im 21 I think i think they were before my time but ill have to give them a good listen seems ive been missing out its always a pleasnet surprise to hear a good band you have never heard of before

Ah! That explains it. I'm over twice your age...! Enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,409 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I'd knw the bands name and there cover of 'easy' and 'epic'

Would they have much of a following here

Yeah I would've thought so, especially back when they were at their peak.

They played instead of the chili peppers at suntroke '93 and even though I had seen them a month or so before at the point for their Angel Dust tour, their performance at sunstroke was amazing. Blew me away. Mike Patton played all of their stuff that was recorded with Chuck Mosley (We care a lot, Introduce yourself etc.).
    I would be unsure of how big a venue they would fill today, but at one stage looked like they would have been a lot bigger than the Chilli peppers, until under the bridge and all the similar sounding songs came.. and Faith No More started going a different direction.

Angel Dust (Faith No More) is an excellent album. I guess a reunion gig would definitely get some people to sit up and take notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Yeah, they mightn't be household names, but they could definitely sell a good few tickets. If Ghost can play the 3Arena, then Faith No More could probably do it too. Lots of love for them to this day amongst the rock/metal community - I've never met a metalhead who didn't like them.

High quality band. Still regularly listen to their albums to this day. Piles of outstanding songs:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭discobeaker

I was at their last show they played here in the Olympia about 10 years back when the reformed. Tickets were like gold dust.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Ashes to Ashes is great song too

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

I was at their last show they played here in the Olympia about 10 years back when the reformed. Tickets were like angel dust.

Fixed that for ya

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭laros

Ocean Colour Scene have been announced for the olympia 7th December 2020

Hollywood vampires announced some european dates no date here though , have they actually ever played here does anyone know would they even have a fanbase here I know that Johnny Depp would be a big draw for some people and alice cooper always does well here

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Johnny Depp would be a big draw for some people
    Depp is good friends with Shane MacGowan so I thought they would have included Ireland on the tour.

Going to be in the biopic
    https://www.thesun.ie/tvandshowbiz/4521919/johnny-depp-biopic-pogues-shane-macgowan/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

ACDC-Vancouver-2018-08-21.thumb.png.acc85486d4df373bc2886c0dcc6f8589.png

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭spindex

The Nal wrote: »
    ACDC-Vancouver-2018-08-21.thumb.png.acc85486d4df373bc2886c0dcc6f8589.png

I heard these were taken in slane farm !

Are they not photos from years back? They look familiar

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Mushy wrote: »
    Are they not photos from years back? They look familiar

Hmm yes my bad, last year in Vancouver apparently. Tour announcement and album for 2020 heavily rumoured though.

Assume it would be Slane.

• Advertisement

The Nal wrote: »
    Hmm yes my bad, last year in Vancouver apparently. Tour announcement and album for 2020 heavily rumoured though.

Assume it would be Slane.

I thought they were much older, like in prep for tour where did Aviva

Advertisement