Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 Irish Gigs (Rumoured & Confirmed events)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Dagenham Dave

PJ Hyde park, July 10

Ten Club got the email this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭laros

10CC are playing Vicar St 29th May 2020

• Registered Users Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

laros wrote: »
    10CC are playing Vicar St 29th May 2020

It's only a quarter of the band, so 2.5cc. I always thought Graham Gouldman and a bunch of hired hands touring under the 10cc name was ridiculous.
    A lot of people thought the excellent BBC documentary from a few years ago (in which they all appeared) might prompt a reunion, but alas, no.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Busy day of gig announcements, can tell Christmas is coming! Ludovico Einaudi playing on 12th March in Bord Gais Theatre. https://mobile.twitter.com/TicketmasterIre/status/1201427338589810691

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

EKxSjxZWsAAR5mZ?format=jpg&name=small

• Registered Users Posts: 38,410 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Is trinity seated or standing???

Will crowded house likely sell out quick???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Still Ill

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Is trinity seated or standing???

Will crowded house likely sell out quick???

It's standing.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,410 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Still Ill wrote: »
    It's standing.

It could be fairly 'crowded' then

I'll get my coat

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭sabrewulf

Dua Lipa, June 18 and 19, 3arena, Dublin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

sabrewulf wrote: »
    Dua Lipa, June 18 and 19, 3arena, Dublin

Literally four posts up :D

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭sabrewulf

Literally four posts up :D
    Oops!
    Was hidden in an image and not returned when I searched for dua on the page. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

sabrewulf wrote: »
    Oops!
    Was hidden in an image and not returned when I searched for dua on the page. :D

Yeah images don't load for me either (work firewall), so posting in text is always appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

Taylor Swift is playing Hyde Park on the 11th July.
    She does have a gap the next night so maybe we will get an Irish date?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Aiken Promotions
    Indie-rock behemoths The National will take to the stage at Live at Botanic Gardens, Belfast on 6th June followed by Cork's Live at the Marquee on 8th June. The Belfast show will be The National’s first performance in the city in over 7 years. Tickets go on sale this Friday at 9am

Also playing the Limerick Docklands on the 7th

Aiken Promotions

Nice set of gigs there. Wouldn't have minded a Dublin one too, will try to get down to Cork the Monday

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Aiken Promotions
    Just now ·
    #GIGNEWS Sinéad O'Connor will play 3 major gigs in Cork, Belfast & Dublin this summer:

CORK
    Live at the Marquee - Friday 5th June 2020
    with special guest Damien Dempsey

BELFAST
    Live at Botanic Gardens - Sunday 7th June 2020
    with special guest SOAK

DUBLIN
    Live at Iveagh Gardens - Sunday 19th July 2020
    with special guest Soda Blonde

Tickets go on sale this Monday at 9am

• Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭fafy

Aiken Promotions

Delighted ! They only played here at ATN in 2019, so it was inevitable they would be back. Latest album is quieter, still getting used to it.

fafy wrote: »
    Delighted ! They only played here at ATN in 2019, so it was inevitable they would be back. Latest album is quieter, still getting used to it.

Yup, wasn't sure it was going to be so soon but happy out!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,908 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Seen them at ATN, going to Cardiff to see them this weekend and mighty tempted for the Marquee gig.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,577 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Aiken Promotions

The National

8th June Cork 7th June Limerick, will they sell both so close?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    The National

How big is the Limerick venue?

They are very popular here. Have played LATM twice - sold it out once and was barely any tickets left the second time, as far as I know.

Tickets for their Opera House and Vicar St shows were like golddust, and they headline All Together Now last year, so no denying their popularity.

No Dublin show announced too so some people might travel down.

I'd expect them to sell out both tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭mrk75

How big is the Limerick venue?

They are very popular here. Have played LATM twice - sold it out once and was barely any tickets left the second time, as far as I know.

Tickets for their Opera House and Vicar St shows were like golddust, and they headline All Together Now last year, so no denying their popularity.

No Dublin show announced too so some people might travel down.

I'd expect them to sell out both tbh.

All three, yeah. They play Belfast too...

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    The National

Cork one will definitely be an immediate sellout, in fact, l can see a second night in Cork for the 9th, the Cork 8th gig is currently the last one on their current schedule, but its envitable they will do a lot more European gigs and festivals, not sure of Limerick capacity.

The National Presale starts tomorrow at 9am, is that a Spotify Presale ? Has anyone got the link ?

https://www.ticketmaster.ie/the-national-cork-08-06-2020/event/18005782657308DC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

mrk75 wrote: »
    All three, yeah. They play Belfast too...

They do indeed - wasn't forgetting it, was responding to a post that asked if they'd sell out both Cork and Limerick due to geographic proximity!

All three will go quickly, I'm sure.

They were excellent at All Together Now this year too, IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭funnyname

Is the National gig in Belfast outdoors or will it be in a tent like Limerick and Cork?

fafy wrote: »
    Cork one will definitely be an immediate sellout, in fact, l can see a second night in Cork for the 9th, the Cork 8th gig is currently the last one on their current schedule, but its envitable they will do a lot more European gigs and festivals, not sure of Limerick capacity.

The National Presale starts tomorrow at 9am, is that a Spotify Presale ? Has anyone got the link ?

https://www.ticketmaster.ie/the-national-cork-08-06-2020/event/18005782657308DC

Think they did 2 Marquee gigs back in 2013 or 2014 but dunno would they do 2 now. Date is free alright but with Limerick and Belfast they might not. Wouldn't be hugely surprised if they did either though!

Eod100 wrote: »
    Think they did 2 Marquee gigs back in 2013 or 2014 but dunno would they do 2 now. Date is free alright but with Limerick and Belfast they might not. Wouldn't be hugely surprised if they did either though!

I believe it was 1 gig in Marquee 2013, and 1 gig in Marquee 2014, and the Opera House in 2017. A lot more popular now.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭mrk75

funnyname wrote: »
    Is the National gig in Belfast outdoors or will it be in a tent like Limerick and Cork?

Listed as Botanic Gardens, so outdoors...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,577 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Alanis Morrisette Jagged Little Pill 25th anniversary tour next year

Advertisement