Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 Irish Gigs (Rumoured & Confirmed events)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭poteen

What's the venue in Limerick like? I think it's a marquee as well. Just wondering how people found previous gigs there. Think I'll go for Limerick as it's a Sunday (Marginally better than a Monday )

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

fafy wrote: »
    I believe it was 1 gig in Marquee 2013, and 1 gig in Marquee 2014, and the Opera House in 2017. A lot more popular now.

Ah you're right. Could have sworn there was 2 one of those years..

• Registered Users Posts: 38,410 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

At this rate I can see there being a mega show announcement before xmas eg like a Croke Park or Slane show

• Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭fafy

Eod100 wrote: »
    Ah you're right. Could have sworn there was 2 one of those years..

The reason i remember so well, is i had a holiday already booked in 2013, when it was announced, and was gutted i missed it. The 2014 & 2017 Cork gigs were off the charts.

laros wrote: »
    10CC are playing Vicar St 29th May 2020

Also in Cork Opera House May 30th & Belfast Ulster Hall May 29th.

• Advertisement

Acdc are taking there time announcing there tour

http://www.alternativenation.net/acdc-member-confirms-major-anniversary-shows/

Could be that Santa present for older rockers no doubt

U2 have news coming up today at 12pm japanese time

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Limerick91

I think the U2 news today is the streaming of one of their concerts

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Duffy98

Steel Panther Cyprus Avenue 17th February 2020

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Duffy98 wrote: »
    Steel Panther Cyprus Avenue 17th February 2020

A Dublin show also cancelled to facilitate this new date.

• Advertisement

John Grant playing NCH on 19th May (Tuesday). Not sure if there are/will be other Irish gigs. https://mobile.twitter.com/foggynotions/status/1202168050969128961

• Registered Users Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

funnyname wrote: »
    Is the National gig in Belfast outdoors or will it be in a tent like Limerick and Cork?
    mrk75 wrote: »
    Listed as Botanic Gardens, so outdoors...

Definitely outdoors.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

Cheers thanks for this. 3presale were all gone. Little brothers Christmas pressie sorted :-)

davywalsh7 wrote: »
    Cheers thanks for this. 3presale were all gone. Little brothers Christmas pressie sorted :-)
    No bother glad you got sorted with tickets that 3 presale was useless tried it this morning and they had no standing had them straight away with the MCD one the 3 presale is useless sometimes i think it's there to shift the **** seats to the fans who want to see the act the most. Id say he will put on a second date for the monday looking at his tour schedule cause theres not a hope with 3 presales on at the moment that there will be enough tickets to meet the demand for Friday glad to see he keeps the tickets affordable its just the bastard fees that get you get caught with

Stormzy has the 7th of November booked as well so if you can't get the tickets on friday there will be another put up typical MCD crap they put up the inconvenient date up first so that it will sell out id rather they put up both dates cause id have preferred the monday personally

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Standing are still available on the 3 Presale

You know its that time of year when Buble emerges from his cave ,UK dates only so far

100639?crop=16_9&width=660&relax=1&signature=eRuvLL5YdMypfhYTASxPw6NNLtc=

Zardoz wrote: »

Ah I got sorted through mcd presale thanks to Duffy.
    Was only giving me the back rows on 3presale this morning. I was trying for about 40mins as well

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

PTH2009 wrote: »
    U2 have news coming up today at 12pm japanese time

The big announcement was that U2 will be having their own radio station on SiriusXM.
    Bit of a disappointment after the build up hype.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Zardoz wrote: »

You know its that time of year when Buble emerges from his cave ,UK dates only so far

100639?crop=16_9&width=660&relax=1&signature=eRuvLL5YdMypfhYTASxPw6NNLtc=

Unsure if he'd do more this year given his two sold out nights recently enough as well as Croke Park the year before. Great gigs they were in fairness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭wacotaco

Stormzy has the 7th of November booked as well so if you can't get the tickets on friday there will be another put up typical MCD crap they put up the inconvenient date up first so that it will sell out id rather they put up both dates cause id have preferred the monday personally

How do you know the 7th is booked?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

I go through all the details, click buy now and nothing happens. Am I too late?

Don't suppose there is a presale for any of the National gigs?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

There is, but it seems to be through their fan club

maximoose wrote: »
    There is, but it seems to be through their fan club

Ah think that's a registered subscription yoke ya?

The big announcement was that U2 will be having their own radio station on SiriusXM.

Thought it would be a announcement of a recording of the one of the gigs on the tour and it was getting a release

Those radio stations are really only for those hardcore weirdos

Kind of thankful its not a tour as those tickets are expensive

ozzy jr wrote: »
    I go through all the details, click buy now and nothing happens. Am I too late?

Tix r still there, just checked

wacotaco wrote: »
    How do you know the 7th is booked?
    Ive seen it on loads of outlets that they state hes playing from the 7th-8th September its even listed as part of his tour on facebook. If you look at his schedule hes 3 days between one gig and the dublin with room to add another to Dublin. Its common for MCD to put up the awkward date up first to get it to sell out first. Same happened for Nick Cave,Liam gallagher,The Killers etc happy i got my tickets anyway would of went to either date but its an inconvienience to some people

• Advertisement

Thats a total understatement, the most underwhelming - over hyped announcement.

Advertisement