Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 Irish Gigs (Rumoured & Confirmed events)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,548 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

Baggzio wrote: »
    Hey all,
    My brother bought Gerry Cinnamon tickets using a presale link for Cork but it's apparently been sold out already before he bought them. He has a confirmation email with the tickets and everything but is there a chance the tickets would be cancelled? For example the show is supposed to be sold out for pre sale now but using the same link I can still go through the process of buying tickets for it still

the site didnt work right from 9am took a few goes to get a ticket - thing is there will be plenty of tickets for available for them venues

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Duffy98

The MCD presales are well f*cked a lot of the time some hours theres loads of tickets and other times theres hardly any i dont think theres a fixed allocation like they have with three. I think they honestly try and sell the vast majority on the presale. Same with stormzy the other day i was in a queue from 9am and was told no tickets and about an hour there were loads. With your situation with Gerry i think your grand its probably just a bit of confusion like if you have the receipt/conformation email with an order number your grand even go onto your ticketmaster account and you should be able to see your ticket number and everything so you definitley have them if your worried sure be no harm to contact them with your details

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭sabrewulf

sabrewulf wrote: »

Cork tickets for Gerry still available via the link above. Not sold out. Checked a minute ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Duffy98 wrote: »
    Yeah was wondering that myself they are jumping ahead of the gun a bit like. Just saw it and thought id inform people on here in case they had reservations about going up on a Tuesday evening

Well you weren't wrong in the end, Stormzy doing the 7th and 8th!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

MCD
    𝙀𝙓𝙏𝙍𝘼 𝘿𝘼𝙏𝙀 𝘼𝙉𝙉𝙊𝙐𝙉𝘾𝙀𝘿 Stormzy: ‘H.I.T.H. World Tour 2020’. Due to phenomenal demand an extra date has been added on 7 September at 3Arena. Tickets on sale now via Ticketmaster

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭fafy

Well you weren't wrong in the end, Stormzy doing the 7th and 8th!

He can do Electric Picnic in theory, based on his current touring schedule, he finishes in London on Thursday September 3rd.

Yeah i was right in the end like its typical MCD practices

We havent had any Croke Park gigs announced , could it be that there arent any acts that could actually fill it cause i dont see any huge acts touring like

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

We havent had any Croke Park gigs announced , could it be that there arent any acts that could actually fill it cause i dont see any huge acts touring like

Guess will have to wait and see. Maybe Bruce could but seemed to tour smaller stadiums last time he was here.

Eod100 wrote: »
    Guess will have to wait and see. Maybe Bruce could but seemed to tour smaller stadiums last time he was here.

It won’t be Bruce, new album to be recorded with E-Street band and will not even start for a few months.
    if at all, he won’t be touring next year, until final few months of 2020.

Coldplay are out, as they are not touring at all

Pearl Jam have announced a tour, but Ireland was not on the list.

Paul Mc Cartney is a possibility i’d say, and he is touring across Europe during 2020

• Advertisement

79378223_1489473817870869_2858601052486238208_o.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_ohc=w8A-GEifnYwAQnuzJT1m5JuOeCng-48nGFGiQTsr11h4SFyr2Ug0HmIug&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr3-1.xx&oh=a0c31b0ca2d9033514fdf49330953f72&oe=5E41EC56

fafy wrote: »
    It won’t be Bruce, new album to be recorded with E-Street band and will not even start for a few months.
    if at all, he won’t be touring next year, until final few months of 2020.

Coldplay are out, as they are not touring at all

Pearl Jam have announced a tour, but Ireland was not on the list.

Paul Mc Cartney is a possibility i’d say, and he is touring across Europe during 2020
    That Chris Martin from Coldplay sufferes badly with tinnitus thats why they arent touring i reckon i think they just said that it was cause they wanted to help the environment just for p.r cause all the shows promoting the album have been in quiet enough places i can imagine him having to do a 2 year tour suffering with that is agony for him

The Pearl Jam situation is ridiculous it's either an MCD problem or they just dont want to play here in general i cant see how it cant not be that cause its too much of a coincidence to ignore the place on every euro tour for the last 9-10 years. They have an issue with how ticketmaster is run over here ive heard but that cant be the problem cause eddie charges 100 a pop to see him sing with glen hansard in the 3arena like

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Coldplay probably aren't touring because the new album is pretty different and experimental (by their standards) and would probably die a death when people just want the big singalong songs in stadiums.

Pearl Jam, well they've left several other countries out of their tour, and a few are only at festivals. Countries 10 times bigger than us get a single date. I don't think it's necessarily an Irish issue. Basically seems like they can't be arsed, and would rather just a short tour for maximum cash. They seem to be obsessed with money, no matter how much their diehard fans want to make excuses for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

79378223_1489473817870869_2858601052486238208_o.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_ohc=w8A-GEifnYwAQnuzJT1m5JuOeCng-48nGFGiQTsr11h4SFyr2Ug0HmIug&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr3-1.xx&oh=a0c31b0ca2d9033514fdf49330953f72&oe=5E41EC56

Bit of a waste of a St Anne's Park date.

Is there a shortage of acts to place this year with the amount of multiple Irish and Dublin dates trend that's happening.

Coldplay probably aren't touring because the new album is pretty different and experimental (by their standards) and would probably die a death when people just want the big singalong songs in stadiums.

Re Coldplay
    They could easily do an indoor only tour with this new album, much better environment for this new music. Last indoor tour they did was Viva La Vida i think. Am very impressed with this new album- lots of different styles.

Re Pearl Jam, there could be extra dates to be announced, happens all the time.Major outdoor gig Announcements, have to be timed carefully for inidividual country markets. Its still possible, they could still be playing here

Saltwater Festival will be taking place on the June Bank Holiday weekend in 2020 in the beautiful grounds of Westport House – one of Ireland’s best loved historic homes and estates.

The festival is run by the same people behind Sea Sessions and will showcase top International and Irish talent with over 60 acts playing across 3 stages.

Dermot Kennedy and Johnny Marr are set to headline Saltwater which will run from 29-31 May 2020.

They will be joined by a host of acclaimed international and Irish acts including Maverick Sabre, The Stranglers, Lyra, Lee Scratch Perry, Jerry Fish, Norman Jay, Joanne Keegan and Coda with many more to be announced over the coming months.

Day and Weekend tickets go on sale from Ticketmaster outlets nationwide and on ticketmaster.ie on Friday 13th December at 9am.

Early Bird Tickets are priced from €144 or 3 days with camping options are also available.

There are also limited single day tickets available from €64. Check out saltwater.ie for more details.

I was expecting to see Billie Eillish on that bill to be honest with you cause Ireland wasn't on her tour dates I assumed it would be a festival date, when did it start becoming a festival of just rap acts as well it's a festival for teens now more than anything these days granted Kendrick Lamar is very good to be fair the rest of those acts I couldn't tell you who they are to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

I'm officially completely out of touch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

No, it's the children who are wrong.

• Advertisement

Haha tis like the Skinner line from Simpsons..

OhHiMark wrote: »
    No, it's the children who are wrong.

We'll always have Witnness

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Gutted; I was hoping for Kendrick Lamar as a standalone elsewhere.

In fairness, I think Longitude has knocked it out of the park the last few years. Since they embraced the idea of a hip-hop/r&b fest, it has had very strong line-ups for the people interested in that style.

I won't be attending but they know their audience and they're doing their job well.

I was expecting to see Billie Eillish on that bill to be honest with you cause Ireland wasn't on her tour dates I assumed it would be a festival date, when did it start becoming a festival of just rap acts as well it's a festival for teens now more than anything these days granted Kendrick Lamar is very good to be fair the rest of those acts I couldn't tell you who they are to be honest

Its for the post “Leaving Cert” maket, as, Oxegen was before it, but seems to have morphed into exclusively rap acts now, which is fine if you're into it

In fairness, I think Longitude has knocked it out of the park the last few years. Since they embraced the idea of a hip-hop/r&b fest, it has had very strong line-ups for the people interested in that style.

I won't be attending but they know their audience and they're doing their job well.

I have to agree with this. My cousin is in their target audience and he has been delighted with the line up for the last few years.

Sure people would be complaining if people going to Longitude turned up at other festivals! :P wouldn't be my thing but yeah they know what their target audience want and usually sells so will continue as is!

Correct me if im wrong is it the biggest rap/r&b festival in Europe at the moment i cant think of any others it must bring in some load of money in fairness. I suppose we have our download festival they have their longitude that's how I would see it anyway two festivals which are strictly one genre, they do book some good acts for those genres but it always seems that the one of the headliners always have dropped out most years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Correct me if im wrong is it the biggest rap/r&b festival in Europe at the moment i cant think of any others it must bring in some load of money in fairness. I suppose we have our download festival they have their longitude that's how I would see it anyway two festivals which are strictly one genre, they do book some good acts for those genres but it always seems that the one of the headliners always have dropped out most years

What's the capacity of Longitude?

The likes of Lovebox, Wireless, Paris Summer Jam, etc are all 40,000+ as far as I know (capacity; not sure if they sell out!) so they're probably among the biggest with Longitude.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Longitude is 30,000 I think.

• Advertisement

What's the capacity of Longitude?

The likes of Lovebox, Wireless, Paris Summer Jam, etc are all 40,000+ as far as I know (capacity; not sure if they sell out!) so they're probably among the biggest with Longitude.

Would say most people at Longitude are Irish. Dunno if there's more from abroad at those ones. Not bad considering population differences either!

Advertisement