Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 Irish Gigs (Rumoured & Confirmed events)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,410 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

https://www.loudersound.com/news/aerosmith-announce-2020-european-tour

Aerosmith announce a European tour but sadly no Irish date. The amazing thing that the 2017 tour which had a show here was a "retirement' tour. Excellent show that was

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Synergism

Duffy98 wrote: »
    Correct me if im wrong is it the biggest rap/r&b festival in Europe at the moment i cant think of any others it must bring in some load of money in fairness. I suppose we have our download festival they have their longitude that's how I would see it anyway two festivals which are strictly one genre, they do book some good acts for those genres but it always seems that the one of the headliners always have dropped out most years

Openair Frauenfeld in Switzerland is the biggest one in Europe I think, 150,000 capacity according to Wiki.

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Duffy98

Synergism wrote: »
    Openair Frauenfeld in Switzerland is the biggest one in Europe I think, 150,000 capacity according to Wiki.
    150k Jesus thats two nearly two Slanes

• Registered Users Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭Penfailed

fafy wrote: »
    Re Pearl Jam, there could be extra dates to be announced, happens all the time.Major outdoor gig Announcements, have to be timed carefully for inidividual country markets. Its still possible, they could still be playing here

They will NOT be playing here on this tour.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Penfailed wrote: »
    They will NOT be playing here on this tour.

Its funny ,I was reading on the PJ forums ,German fans giving out about the price of tickets for the gigs there.
    106.43 euro .
    Thats basically the same price Eddie charged here for his Dublin solo gig.
    What a cowboy.

And our reward for that pot of gold ,is two fingers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Its funny ,I was reading on the PJ forums ,German fans giving out about the price of tickets for the gigs there.
    106.43 euro .
    Thats basically the same price Eddie charged here for his Dublin solo gig.
    What a cowboy.

And our reward for that pot of gold ,is two fingers.

It’s not in Eddie. MCD aren’t willing to take a shot on them

The artist themselves has next to no choice In venues, the management go to european promoters, say “hey we’re playing a tour, this is the fee we want”

The promoters say “sure here’s our proposed venue” or they say “not a hope jog on”

The fact we get Eddie solo shows, is proof enough that his people do approach irish promoters.

Blaming Pj/Eddie for them not coming here is non sensical

bennyl10 wrote: »

The artist themselves has next to no choice In venues, the management go to european promoters, say “hey we’re playing a tour, this is the fee we want”

The promoters say “sure here’s our proposed venue” or they say “not a hope jog on”

The fact we get Eddie solo shows, is proof enough that his people do approach irish promoters.

Blaming Pj/Eddie for them not coming here is non sensical

Could they not go to there management and say 'look we want to play here'

Lars Ulrich and Metallica deff pick there venues

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Could they not go to there management and say 'look we want to play here'

Lars Ulrich and Metallica deff pick there venues

Far easier to fit in doing a tour that size though. These short tours suck

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭Burty330

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Thats a pure an utter HOGWARTS tale!!!!

Do you not think Eddie talks to people when he was over here? Just imagine how many would have pleaded with him to come back with Pearl Jam.

He just doesn't care , its as simple as that! He got the revenue he needed when he played on his little ukulele.
    I warned people at the time to not buy ticket , but no one would listen.
    Stop moaning FFS I was told!!!

Burty330 wrote: »
    Thats a pure an utter HOGWARTS tale!!!!

Do you not think Eddie talks to people when he was over here? Just imagine how many would have pleaded with him to come back with Pearl Jam.

He just doesn't care , its as simple as that! He got the revenue he needed when he played on his little ukulele.

Agreed ,Aiken would easily put on a show if MCD weren't interested ,he brought Eddie to the Marquee.

They've chosen to play places like Krakow, Budapest and Vienna instead of Ireland ,and those places will be half empty judging by the early sales.

• Advertisement

Agreed ,Aiken would easily put on a show if MCD weren't interested ,he brought Eddie to the Marquee.

They've chosen to play places like Krakow, Budapest and Vienna instead of Ireland ,and those places will be half empty judging by the early sales.
    They arent interested in playing here its just as simple as that and ive seen some of the ticket prices in places like Budapest and all those places are some are ridiculous. 110 for some like so with the way ticketamster/MCD operate over here we all would be robbed blind and i might be controversial in sayong this but how in the name of god can they justfiy charging that much in fairness they are no GnR , Metallica , Foo Fighters where in terms of catelogue/discography at least ypu can see where the money is going in terms of stage,lightning,pyro,effects and all that with pearl jam its literally just them on the stage and maybe a screen behind them i know they have a big fambase but jesus you have to take being a fan out of the equation the business practices they do are a tad ridiculous. Who knows they could be holding off for another couple of years so Henry might ask them to do Slane which might be the case since we are under the impression its cause its about the money than Slane would be an easy €7m for them. I saw Eddie this year he puts on a good show but for the price of the ticket i cant quite understand what i was paying for bar seeing him and glen the merch is ridiculously priced and the stage is bare nothing going on. If you want to see Eddie get a t-shirt and a poster its €250 so if your telling me hes all about the fans can you explain that?

They arent interested in playing here its just as simple as that and ive seen some of the ticket prices in places like Budapest and all those places are some are ridiculous. 110 for some like so with the way ticketamster/MCD operate over here we all would be robbed blind and i might be controversial in sayong this but how in the name of god can they justfiy charging that much in fairness they are no GnR , Metallica , Foo Fighters where in terms of catelogue/discography at least ypu can see where the money is going in terms of stage,lightning,pyro,effects and all that with pearl jam its literally just them on the stage and maybe a screen behind them i know they have a big fambase but jesus you have to take being a fan out of the equation the business practices they do are a tad ridiculous. Who knows they could be holding off for another couple of years so Henry might ask them to do Slane which might be the case since we are under the impression its cause its about the money than Slane would be an easy €7m for them. I saw Eddie this year he puts on a good show but for the price of the ticket i cant quite understand what i was paying for bar seeing him and glen the merch is ridiculously priced and the stage is bare nothing going on. If you want to see Eddie get a t-shirt and a poster its €250 so if your telling me hes all about the fans can you explain that?

Their ticket prices are reasonable ,they usually charge a fairly flat fee.
    They have increased it in recent years but its still relatively reasonable.

Their discography is vast and they play long shows,minimum of 2 and a half hours.

They could charge alot more than they do .
    They dont do platinum tickets ,rarely have golden circle nonsense like GnR and Metallica and their fanclub members get well looked after.

They are one of the best bands to see live .

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Lads do you think Eddie or any other act names the places they wants to play? Not how it works.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,040 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

The Nal wrote: »
    Lads do you think Eddie or any other act names the places they wants to play? Not how it works.

At that level yes pearl jam can play wherever they wish

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭exilec

At that level yes pearl jam can play wherever they wish

Totally agree . If they really wanted to come here they would have done .Maybe the dates or venues didn't match up . Will be traveling to see them anyway but its been far too long since they played here . All this love ireland thing and fees too high is all bullsh*t . Hopefully slane but really cant see it happening .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭Penfailed

exilec wrote: »
    Hopefully slane but really cant see it happening .

It's not happening in 2020 anyway. He's hoping for the following year...

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

Has the ship sailed for Paul McCartney doing a show over here next summer ??

More than likely it would of been announced at this stage along with his other tour dates who knows maybe tomorrow we will get a date just in time for xmas but I doubt it to be honest with you. He would do very well over here last I heard of a gig of his happening here was for a charity thing in Vicar St but that never happened theres not many massive artists touring next year it seems

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Who do we think is going to play croke Park this year?

I reckon he'd be a contender.

Who do we think is going to play croke Park this year?

I reckon he'd be a contender.

Possibly no Croke Park shows

• Advertisement

Duran Duran June 7th St Annes
    Liam Gallagher August 19th Vital Fest Belfast

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Sunday, yuck.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,619 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

tickets secured for Sinead o Connor and SOAK in belfast !

Brockhampton May 25th 2020 Olympia Theatre

Liam Gallagher August 19th Vital Fest Belfast

Could we see a Liam Gallagher RDS show ???

Where is St Anne's park, Duran Duran are on my bucket list

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Pixied

Tickets are steep though, roughly €60. I think it’s a bit much.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Between Clontarf and Raheeny across from Bull island.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Still Ill

Pixied wrote: »
    Tickets are steep though, roughly €60. I think it’s a bit much.

Be hard pressed to get cheaper tickets than that for an outdoor gig. €50 would be the absolute minimum.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

How many times has he played here in the last few years ,its bordering on the ridiculous.
    The Olympia,that airport hangar in Dublin,Malahide Castle,Cork Independent Park,2 nights in the 3arena .

All that and no Pearl Jam concert .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭fafy

Possibly no Croke Park shows

Could be, since 2005,that is, after the redelopment was completed, there has been between 1 and 3 gigs there every year bar 2013, so its the exception that there will be no gigs.

Advertisement