Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 Irish Gigs (Rumoured & Confirmed events)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Danco

Mushy wrote: »
    Clutch on 22nd july in Academy on sale friday.

No need for a 2020 gig of the year thread now

Thanks for the heads up on this, delighted to hear it!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

This could be interesting. New festival in Dublin road to Great Escape featuring new artists playing at Great Escape at Brighton. https://thelastmixedtape.com/2019/12/10/the-road-to-the-great-escape-2020-set-for-dublin-next-summer/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭julyjane

joe.ie on Facebook have yet another clickbait article suggesting Bruce Springsteen will be touring next year. Foolishly I clicked on it and from reading the "article" I'd say it's unlikely.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

julyjane wrote: »
    joe.ie on Facebook have yet another clickbait article suggesting Bruce Springsteen will be touring next year. Foolishly I clicked on it and from reading the "article" I'd say it's unlikely.

Pretty sure they have had this same article this year and last year already.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,410 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Eagles playing Wembley Stadium 29th and 30th August

Only Europe 2020 dates with Hotel California album played in full

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭fafy

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Eagles playing Wembley Stadium 29th and 30th August

Only Europe 2020 dates with Hotel California album played in full

Slane or Croke Park perhaps

fafy wrote: »
    Slane or Croke Park perhaps

Don't think so

These are the only European dates for 2020

I imagine gigs are Croker and slane would be announced by now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭fafy

Don't think so

Forgot, they also played 2 Aviva gigs,earlier this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Duffy98

Stereophonics , The Streets , Sigrid are the headliners for indiependence in Cork very average lineup in my opinion compared to this years there must not be any decebt acts touring that they could afford stereophonics last time they were here played trinity which is nowhere near the capacity. Seems like in General no massive artists are touring across the board

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Duffy98 wrote: »
    Stereophonics , The Streets , Sigrid are the headliners for indiependence in Cork very average lineup in my opinion compared to this years there must not be any decebt acts touring that they could afford stereophonics last time they were here played trinity which is nowhere near the capacity. Seems like in General no massive artists are touring across the board

I've no interest in any of them but Tbf, it's about as high profile an announcement as Indie ever gets. Sigrid is a big draw in Ireland, and people seem to like the Streets and Stereophonics. They'd do well in a festival environment anyway.

Indie is a pretty small budget festival so they often have to get creative with headline acts - book them on year two or three of a touring cycle and they cost less than on year one when they're playing everywhere else, for example.

I'd say they'll sell well regardless. It has a core group that go every year and it's a big hit with the post Leaving Cert crowd in Cork too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭Hoboo

"Bruce is already confirmed'. Quote I got from someone very very close to the owners of a certain castle (when I asked about acdc)

Hoboo wrote: »
    "Bruce is already confirmed'. Quote I got from someone very very close to the owners of a certain castle (when I asked about acdc)
    How reliable is this source? Theres surely no way media outlets wouldnt of caught wind of it we usually know whos headlining a good month or two before in advance is it even a 2020 date cause it would of been anounced by now like. Hes a class act but I was really hoping for AC/DC actually one to tick off the list especially with a new album coming out im sure theyll be over here at some stage for the farewell tour i can imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭Hoboo

How reliable is this source? Theres surely no way media outlets wouldnt of caught wind of it we usually know whos headlining a good month or two before in advance is it even a 2020 date cause it would of been anounced by now like. Hes a class act but I was really hoping for AC/DC actually one to tick off the list especially with a new album coming out im sure theyll be over here at some stage for the farewell tour i can imagine

I know him very well, close friend since school, and he is employed directly by the castle to manage a key aspect of every concert. If its on, and its agreed, he definitely knows who. Is he telling me the truth or BS? I dont know. He's done both in the past.

If the slane thing is true then announcement early next week with tickets on sale Fri 20th Dec etc

Same for any major gig that wants to be announced for the xmas market

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Don't think so

Have ye seen the prices for London ,just saw them now ,absolutely insane .:eek:

https://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/event/37005789E08CAFFB?did=uko2iphone&brand=livenationo2

Pitch seats go from 172.50 to 530 pounds ,they are normal prices too ,not platinum.

Most of the lower tier is 172.50 ,the club level is 192.50 and the upper tier is 78-123.

Prices are getting out of hand now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭its_steve116

Hoboo wrote: »

Malahide?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Malahide?

Clontarf?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Posters being printed up say "Bruce in Bunratty"

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Capture.png

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭SoundOfSilence

Lets face it, they'll shift all 80,000 tickets for that gig, even if they announce it in March.

• Advertisement

The Nal wrote: »
    Capture.png

thats fake

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Lets face it, they'll shift all 80,000 tickets for that gig, even if they announce it in March.

If they announce it the day before the gig they could sell 80,000.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

thats fake

What bit made you deduce that ?
    Maybe the line that the gig had been confirmed by an anonymous poster on boards.ie ?

Zardoz wrote: »
    What bit made you deduce that ?
    Maybe the line that the gig had been confirmed by an anonymous poster on boards.ie ?

that and the first paragraph outling the 'hits'

Isnt Bruce Springsteen with Aiken so wouldnt that rule out Slane so the next venue would be Corke? Unless of course he partners up with MCD i cant even find that article on the irish times website did it get taken down?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Isnt Bruce Springsteen with Aiken so wouldnt that rule out Slane so the next venue would be Corke? Unless of course he partners up with MCD i cant even find that article on the irish times website did it get taken down?

Whoosh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭julyjane

I remember in 2013 when Bruce played in Kilkenny my other half bought the tickets for Valentine's day, we don't normally bother doing Valentine's day but he wanted them so it was a good excuse.

Either Croke Park or the castle would do us. Personally I'd prefer Slane, I love camping and a campsite full of fellow Bruce fans would be a dream weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Mushy wrote: »
    Clutch on 22nd july in Academy on sale friday.

No need for a 2020 gig of the year thread now

Belfast date on the 21st too, Limelight.

Defo in for Academy!!

Either Croke Park or the castle would do us. Personally I'd prefer Slane, I love camping and a campsite full of fellow Bruce fans would be a dream weekend

It's possible he might not play Europe til summer 2021 with one of those being the venue. Think Croke Park would be suited better for the age demographic of Bruce's fans than a field in Meath (it's not the 80s anymore)

Think there may be no other major gig announcements this side of xmas but ya never knw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

See The Frames tickets for Dublin 30 year Anniversary gig go on sale tomorrow morning at 10am......
    Won’t be able to go online then to try and get a few.....will it sell out in a day would people think?

It’s in Kilmainham.

Advertisement