Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 Irish Gigs (Rumoured & Confirmed events)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,410 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

See The Frames tickets for Dublin 30 year Anniversary gig go on sale tomorrow morning at 10am......
    Won’t be able to go online then to try and get a few.....will it sell out in a day would people think?

It’s in Kilmainham.

Nothing ever sells out here really, there will always be spares going around esp for the outdoor gigs

If tomorrows allocation of tickets sells out than join Facebook event groups for the show (if there is any) and keep on eye on Toutless etc. Keep checking Ticketmaster regularly too

Piece of mind of having tickets paid for nice esp with the prices nowadays but if u feel u can wait and you might get lucky and get cheaper tickets 2nd hand

Never ever pay over the odds no matter what

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Nothing ever sells out here really, there will always be spares going around esp for the outdoor gigs

If tomorrows allocation of tickets sells out than join Facebook event groups for the show (if there is any) and keep on eye on Toutless etc. Keep checking Ticketmaster regularly too

Piece of mind of having tickets paid for nice esp with the prices nowadays but if u feel u can wait and you might get lucky and get cheaper tickets 2nd hand

Never ever pay over the odds no matter what
    For some reason in Ticketmaster I can’t seem to access the price of tickets......

Suppose they will be around 60 quid each?......

Long time since I was at a gig in Kilmainham.....

Would there be different price groups or all for one?

Thanks for your earlier reply,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

For some reason in Ticketmaster I can’t seem to access the price of tickets......

Suppose they will be around 60 quid each?......

Long time since I was at a gig in Kilmainham.....

Would there be different price groups or all for one?

Thanks for your earlier reply,

https://www.pod.ie/events/2020/6/20/the-frames-30-years 55 of your euros.

Overdrive have gig news in the morning

Hopefully someone like Alter Bridge or Tool

Overdrive have gig news in the morning

Hopefully someone like Alter Bridge or Tool

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Could be the support announced for Iron Maiden? I know Belsonic said they will be announced tomorrow

Could be the support announced for Iron Maiden? I know Belsonic said they will be announced tomorrow

Ah probably that then

Be cool if it was for a standalone Dublin gig for a metal band

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Ah probably that then

Be cool if it was for a standalone Dublin gig for a metal band

Gig is separate to Belsonic announcement.

Alter Bridge possibly Airbourne will likely support Iron Maiden.

Gig is separate to Belsonic announcement.

Alter Bridge possibly Airbourne will likely support Iron Maiden.

Nothing yet anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

There is word on efestivals that GNR are to announce a London show today. I dont believe that at all, but if was to be true, would that be too big for Overdrive?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Duffy98

Mushy wrote: »
    There is word on efestivals that GNR are to announce a London show today. I dont believe that at all, but if was to be true, would that be too big for Overdrive?
    I mean that is a big announcement in fairness I actually have heard that they may tour Europe in the summer. Don't think that would be what overdrive are hinting cause I don't know what that has to do with Ireland but it could very well be. I know for a fact that we will be getting a new album from them next year or new music in some capacity I've heard some of the tracks off of it. I think if they were to play here it would more than likely be Slane again only reason im saying that is that Henry never saw the last show due to illness and id say he would want to see them himself at his own place if they were to play here it would be one night in the biggest venue so it would either be Croke or Slane. They toured Europe last summer and avoided us so if they were to tour than they more than likely will stop here to be honest i wouldn't be too fussed in seeing them I saw Axl in 2010 and in 2017 so ive heard nearly all the material and the setlist nowadays never changes so if you were to go it would be the same show as it was at Slane

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Duffy98 wrote: »
    I mean that is a big announcement in fairness I actually have heard that they may tour Europe in the summer. Don't think that would be what overdrive are hinting cause I don't know what that has to do with Ireland but it could very well be. I know for a fact that we will be getting a new album from them next year or new music in some capacity I've heard some of the tracks off of it. I think if they were to play here it would more than likely be Slane again only reason im saying that is that Henry never saw the last show due to illness and id say he would want to see them himself at his own place if they were to play here it would be one night in the biggest venue so it would either be Croke or Slane. They toured Europe last summer and avoided us so if they were to tour than they more than likely will stop here to be honest i wouldn't be too fussed in seeing them I saw Axl in 2010 and in 2017 so ive heard nearly all the material and the setlist nowadays never changes so if you were to go it would be the same show as it was at Slane

Anyone who claims this about GN'R, I've some magic beans to sell you.. No one bloody knows what's going on with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,794 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Guns and Roses, marlay Park June 27th....

GNR Marley Park 2020 27th June wtf

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Anyone who claims this about GN'R, I've some magic beans to sell you.. No one bloody knows what's going on with them.
    You wanna retract that statement now?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭fafy

GNR Marley Park 2020 27th June wtf

That is a bolt from the blue, they are going for the cash grab, tickets €99.50 + TM fees

fafy wrote: »
    That is a bolt from the blue, they are going for the cash grab, tickets €99.50 + TM fees
    They play for three and a half hours in fairness and you see how its not under the not in this lifetime tour? New music will be played

You wanna retract that statement now?

No, not really not until I see the supposed new album you posted about. Or hear a brand new track from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Surely they would make more with bigger venue with lower prices though?

Eod100 wrote: »
    Im surprised its not Croke but who would want to sit at a GnR gig they did it just in time for christmas aswell theyll be gone in 10 mins on tge day sign up for that pre-sale

• Advertisement

Eod100 wrote: »

They are doing VIP packages as well, for god only knows how much. Total cash grab, milking the fans dry.

Christ 2 days before Green Day in the RDS

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

They are doing VIP packages as well, for god only knows how much. Total cash grab, milking the fans dry.

Those packages are inevitable part of concerts these days unfortunately. Say they would still be these no matter size of venue. I don't agree with them but is people's choice at end of day to buy them or not

If you buy their nightrain package you can buy tickets at 1pm theres already presales today for it jesus there will be none come wednesday

****ing irish promoters putting everything on around the same time

I'll have GNR, Green day and Crowded House in the space of 5 days

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    hynesie08 wrote: »
    Guns and Roses, marlay Park June 27th....

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Where'd you see that pricing?

Shedite27 wrote: »
    :cool:

Was referring more to Duffy98's specific claim about new music.

The Nal wrote: »
    Its on the show poster on facebook. If you want to buy them in an hour its €40 for the privlege that gig is a week after there last gig and its the last of the tour so itll be the longest and when all the rotation songs get played they do that for the last show of every tour so its going to be a long show i reckon 150 a ticket if theres golden circle 120 normal. Dont buy vip **** thats €2,500 and you only get a tour of the stage and you wont meet them they do milk the fanbase ill admit that

• Advertisement

The Nal wrote: »

https://mcd.ie/artists/guns-n-roses/

Advertisement