Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 Irish Gigs (Rumoured & Confirmed events)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭fafy

Eod100 wrote: »
    Those packages are inevitable part of concerts these days unfortunately. Say they would still be these no matter size of venue. I don't agree with them but is people's choice at end of day to buy them or not

Not inevitable - it is a choice, that many acts have “chosen” to allow to happen.

Many bands and acts, don’t allow their marketing and management, to offer these types of packages. Well, those who haven’t sold away their lives for cash anyway.
    Eg U2 sold away all their rights to touring and ticketing with their 12 year deal with Live Nation- got loads of cash, but lost control of a lot things like when they want to tour. It ends next year.

Acts like Radiohead, Neil Young have never offered these for example, and there are many other examples. So, it is a choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Duffy98 wrote: »
    I mean that is a big announcement in fairness I actually have heard that they may tour Europe in the summer. Don't think that would be what overdrive are hinting cause I don't know what that has to do with Ireland but it could very well be. I know for a fact that we will be getting a new album from them next year or new music in some capacity I've heard some of the tracks off of it. I think if they were to play here it would more than likely be Slane again only reason im saying that is that Henry never saw the last show due to illness and id say he would want to see them himself at his own place if they were to play here it would be one night in the biggest venue so it would either be Croke or Slane. They toured Europe last summer and avoided us so if they were to tour than they more than likely will stop here to be honest i wouldn't be too fussed in seeing them I saw Axl in 2010 and in 2017 so ive heard nearly all the material and the setlist nowadays never changes so if you were to go it would be the same show as it was at Slane

What its have to do with Ireland is they may be announcing more than just an english show.

And here we are now

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Duffy98

159euro for golden circle tickets for GNR 300 for two people jesus christ

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

PTH2009 wrote: »
    ****ing irish promoters putting everything on around the same time

I'll have GNR, Green day and Crowded House in the space of 5 days

I agree its madness.frames on that week as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

Be over €330 when you add on the extras.

• Advertisement

If you go onto ticketmaster normally you can buy the tickets now with a 40 membership included to be able to buy them now its 99.50 Normal and 159.50 for golden circle.
    2500 for vip and you get to talk to crew dont buy that its a rip off

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

I agree its madness.frames on that week as well

Its the same every June .
    MCD seem to think the summer is only 1 month long.

The boys are only touring for the money ,they know people will pay it.
    159 euro to stand in the middle of a field is ridiculous though.
    I might pick up a ticket next June ,they will be going for buttons then.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Could be the support announced for Iron Maiden? I know Belsonic said they will be announced tomorrow

Alter Bridge, Airbourne, Tempt confirmed to support Iron Maiden in Belsonic.

Come on now Alterbridge, a nice standalone gig in Dublin please

Zardoz wrote: »
    Its the same every June .
    MCD seem to think the summer is only 1 month long.

The boys are only touring for the money ,they know people will pay it.
    159 euro to stand in the middle of a field is ridiculous though.
    I might pick up a ticket next June ,they will be going for buttons then.
    Your dead right it's a cash grab but they do put on a long show , tickets will be gone by 9:10 all it takes is 20,000 people to click search and theyll be gone it only holds 40k and most people buy 2 tickets. Im very tempted to just buy them now for piece of mind though i dont like having the pre-sale behind a pay wall though thats a disgrace they sold out slane in the day so it will be easy for them to sell out marlay park i doubt theyll announce a second show will they that seems to be how MCD does things

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

fafy wrote: »
    Not inevitable - it is a choice, that many acts have “chosen” to allow to happen.

Many bands and acts, don’t allow their marketing and management, to offer these types of packages. Well, those who haven’t sold away their lives for cash anyway.
    Eg U2 sold away all their rights to touring and ticketing with their 12 year deal with Live Nation- got loads of cash, but lost control of a lot things like when they want to tour. It ends next year.

Acts like Radiohead, Neil Young have never offered these for example, and there are many other examples. So, it is a choice.

Acts aren't gigging for the sake of it. It's for a cut and if they can maximise their cut they of course will. Can disagree but it's a fact of life music these days

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,580 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Michael Buble is touring outdoor stadiums

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Michael Buble is touring outdoor stadiums

He's not playing Ireland this tour. Giving us a miss after three shows in the space of year.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,410 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I wonder have the GAA put up there renting prices and the DCC are much cheaper

Guns n Rose's could sell a lot of tickets for Croke Park tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Fortyjocks

Maybe Garth has it booked out for a few weekends :)

Madness that there are only being given a 40k capacity field when they sold 80k in a day when they played slane hence why ticket prices are high to make up the difference. Bit odd they are being sold on a wednesday i cant see them playing two dates either like what MCD usually do which is build a load of hype for one day and when it sells out put up another day and say on sale on friday do you think there will be a bigger announcement on monday for Sale on friday so the two events dont clash when people are buying tickets cause it would be the same demographic buying them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭julyjane

it's clashing with a lot of other gigs, Slane in 2017 had a bit of a novelty factor and I don't know what the official attendance was but I read here that there were tickets available on seatwave for small money on the day. Somewhere with a 40k capacity is probably less of a gamble for the promoters.

julyjane wrote: »
    it's clashing with a lot of other gigs, Slane in 2017 had a bit of a novelty factor and I don't know what the official attendance was but I read here that there were tickets available on seatwave for small money on the day. Somewhere with a 40k capacity is probably less of a gamble for the promoters.
    I was there and it looked to be fairly full id say there were easily 70,000 people there thats why im saying that 40k capacity isnt good enough but if thats the only venue available to them then thats fair enough but tickets will be gone in no time i would of preffered the rds would of been easier still hoping for AC/DC myself reckon ill still go to GnR seeing as new ablum is to be relased in March/April and its a "new show" so there might be different songs added to the setlist like they were doing at the end of the recent tour

I was there myself and enjoyed it, maybe there will be extra demand from people in or around Dublin who wouldn't be bothered going to Slane but would go when it's on their doorstep

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I'd say a lot less casuals will go this time around. Christmas announcements ain't over yet, be more going on sale Friday I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 38,410 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Mushy wrote: »
    I'd say a lot less casuals will go this time around. Christmas announcements ain't over yet, be more going on sale Friday I'd say

yeah we could see announcements early next week with tickets on sale the friday

A certain money hungry ACDC could be planning something. No promises they will play here. Knowing the promoters they will put them on somewhere the same week as GNR, Green Day etc

• Advertisement

yeah we could see announcements early next week with tickets on sale the friday

A certain money hungry ACDC could be planning something. No promises they will play here. Knowing the promoters they will put them on somewhere the same week as GNR, Green Day etc
    50th Anniversary tour of the band and are going to release a new album working off of the material that malcom young was playing on before he wasnt able to be in the band anymore. Theyll be touring next year its just that Angus is holding it up im convinced it will be a Slane gig despite claims that it will be Bruce. If its going to be announced itll be next week if anything it will happen ive faith

Anyone know what time the MCD presale is on for Guns n Roses tomorrow. I know you can buy them now but im not paying €40 to gain access

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭Burty330

Lets hope the Chili's come back..John Frusciante has rejoined the band.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Burty330 wrote: »
    Lets hope the Chili's come back..John Frusciante has rejoined the band.

This is just amazing. I am beyond words.

Anyone know what time the MCD presale is on for Guns n Roses tomorrow. I know you can buy them now but im not paying €40 to gain access

usually there'll be a countdown timer to the presale opening if you click the presale link early. And if you haven't got the link yet, check your spam/junk folders. it happened me and a few others on here that we thought we didn't get the email for the Gerry Cinnamon presale but it was in junk. Also the Gerry Cinnamon album presale had a "no purchase necessary" option when you scrolled down, I and lots of others got access to the album presale without paying a cent. Unfortunately for me i didn't realise until it was too late but I know loads who got them that way

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

9am.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

The Coronas are playing the Marquee in May.
    Just for a change like ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭poteen

This is just amazing. I am beyond words.

Snap. They have a couple of festival dates announced for next summer in Europe. Hope they dont play electric picnic...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭fafy

dragonfly! wrote: »

Perfect start to a Hipster Bank Holiday weekend- no thanks !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

dragonfly! wrote: »

Seems early in summer for Marquee

Advertisement