Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 Irish Gigs (Rumoured & Confirmed events)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Surprised to hear that about Slash. Always thought he was a great guy for the fans.

He is. Dunno where he got that info.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,430 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Rage against the machine. Dublin july 04 2020, unsure of venue! No Belfast date!

Source ?

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

79896797_2848646178508656_7118890799718203392_o.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_ohc=y1NDwN9DXxsAQkwe8P4MD5Z9RHuwlS2O_A7FZ6MeZlwilGlFJtSq2z2Cg&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr3-1.xx&oh=1fcbefac70ee0123be821283631ec20f&oe=5E7079BA

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

79896797_2848646178508656_7118890799718203392_o.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_ohc=y1NDwN9DXxsAQkwe8P4MD5Z9RHuwlS2O_A7FZ6MeZlwilGlFJtSq2z2Cg&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr3-1.xx&oh=1fcbefac70ee0123be821283631ec20f&oe=5E7079BA

phew glad I picked up mine day 1.

My guess for support-

Hopefully some nice guests, maybe one of damien rice/eddie vedder lending guest vocals on some song.

With Hozier or Bell X1 as main support.

Perhaps Loah/Lisa Hannigan.

I see David Keenan lower down the bill.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭fafy

Tix are still available on TM, but flagged as low availability.

Hoping they might play the Marquee as well

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Yeah, just got one there. Still available.

My guess for support-

Hopefully some nice guests, maybe one of damien rice/eddie vedder lending guest vocals on some song.

With Hozier or Bell X1 as main support.

Perhaps Loah/Lisa Hannigan.

I see David Keenan lower down the bill.

No way Hozier will be supporting, Bell X1 is a good shout though

• Registered Users Posts: 38,410 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Anything come from the Megadeth thing ???

Only band of the big 4 I'm yet to see

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

This wont need a big support. I would imagine we are more likely to get old band members Noreen, Binzer et al than eddie vedder. I would happily trade Noreen's dancing for any of yer high faluting hollywood celebs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

Whitney playing The Academy on May 26th.

Nathan Carter with special guest Brian Kennedy at Live at the Marquee, Cork on Sunday 31 May 2020. Tickets go on sale Monday 23 December at 9am http://bit.ly/35JuQ6F

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Nothing on their socials anyways.

They are great live, with the exception of Mustaine's vocals, from when I saw them a few years ago, whoever mixed their sound, forgot to boost his vocals. Unless it's a personal choice of his.

Saw them in The Marquee , a few years back.
    The musicianship is amazing, Mustaines vocals not so good.
    It will be hard to see him fully recover from the BigC on his tongue ? There has been no real updates as to how he got on with his treatment.
    I really hope they do come back.... Better than Metallica.

#VicRattlehead

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

greenspurs wrote: »
    Saw them in The Marquee , a few years back.
    The musicianship is amazing, Mustaines vocals not so good.
    It will be hard to see him fully recover from the BigC on his tongue ? There has been no real updates as to how he got on with his treatment.
    I really hope they do come back.... Better than Metallica.

#VicRattlehead

Well now amigo, that's where your wrong, he did an interview with Rolling Stone late last month.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-features/megadeth-dave-mustaine-cancer-interview-914290/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭fafy

Nathan Carter with special guest Brian Kennedy at Live at the Marquee, Cork on Sunday 31 May 2020. Tickets go on sale Monday 23 December at 9am http://bit.ly/35JuQ6F

Grannies favourite- i can’t wait !!

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Nothing on their socials anyways.

They are great live, with the exception of Mustaine's vocals, from when I saw them a few years ago, whoever mixed their sound, forgot to boost his vocals. Unless it's a personal choice of his.
    Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Well now amigo, that's where your wrong, he did an interview with Rolling Stone late last month.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-features/megadeth-dave-mustaine-cancer-interview-914290/

Yes its an interview , with a wee bit of info, but no real medical update.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

greenspurs wrote: »
    Yes its an interview , with a wee bit of info, but no real medical update.

Back touring again next month so it must be going well for Dave.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

The Nal wrote: »
    All the big bands do something similar nowadays. There are enough morons around to pay it too.

Sure if you can afford it what's the problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Reznorek

In the Revolver interview, Trent Reznor mentioned new music and NIN touring second half of the year. Hope they come to Europe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭DarMul17

Reznorek wrote: »
    In the Revolver interview, Trent Reznor mentioned new music and NIN touring second half of the year. Hope they come to Europe.

Hasn't played the Republic since 2009, the north in 2013. Saw them last year in Madrid, truly a great live performance, savage setlist and was everything I hoped for. Definitely one of those bands worth traveling to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭bigwormbundoran

DarMul17 wrote: »
    Hasn't played the Republic since 2009, the north in 2013. Saw them last year in Madrid, truly a great live performance, savage setlist and was everything I hoped for. Definitely one of those bands worth traveling to see.

He said during the set at Mad Cool that it might be the last time they ever play in Europe if I remember right. Hopefully he's changed his tune on that front.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭DarMul17

He said during the set at Mad Cool that it might be the last time they ever play in Europe if I remember right. Hopefully he's changed his tune on that front.

When he said that I was both sad and honoured that it could potentially be the true, but NIN have always had breaks. His last tour in US was mainly in smaller venues, and when they play arena's I was told by those who follow them that he typically cuts down the size of the floor in half. Would be interesting if they played here would they play the bord gais/vicar street or if demand was there the 3arena, which would be brilliant, although doubtful. Can only hope, would take Tool,Smashing Pumpkins or Fka Twigs to play 2020 here if they don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Reznorek

I've seen NIN in "big" venues (Belsonic, Glasgow Hydro) and small (Royal Albert Hall), would sell my kidney to see them in place like Vicar or Olympia :)

• Registered Users Posts: 86,577 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Justin Bieber is touring next year, could he be a contender for Croke Park?

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Justin Bieber is touring next year, could be a contender for Croke Park?

Did he even sell out the RDS last time?

Pity Queen and Adam Lambert are not coming here for there tour

Think it would sell well with the rise in popularity with the movie

Didnt someone say it was going to be a malahide castle date ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Justin Bieber is touring next year, could he be a contender for Croke Park?

Not a hope.
    Wasn’t even close to selling out the RDS.

If there are to be any Croke Park concerts I can see them being announced January or February at the latest

ACDC could sell a decent number of tickets for there

U2 prob taking a while away from touring

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Not a hope.
    Wasn’t even close to selling out the RDS.

Really? That's bizarre, he sells out 80k stadia in the US and Asia pretty handily.

Advertisement