Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 Irish Gigs (Rumoured & Confirmed events)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,988 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

God is an Astronaut - Fri 17 Apr in the Academy Dublin, tix on sale now

Nice :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭fafy

God is an Astronaut - Fri 17 Apr in the Academy Dublin, tix on sale now

Cyprus Avenue, Cork on Saturday April 18th as well.

https://www.eventbrite.ie/e/god-is-an-astronaut-tickets-86945717983

• Registered Users Posts: 38,409 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Overdrive have a gig announcement in the morning

Hoping it's a decent one

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Duffy98

PTH2009 wrote: »

Hoping it's a decent one

Im going to guess and say its My Chemical Romance they are announcing gigs/shows tomorrow morning ill go with that cause its the most logical cant see any of the big bands coming here next year cause we got loads of them last year id personally love muse or pumpkins to come over but id say Billy Corgan wont want to play where that poor girl lost her life i think thats why they dont play here. But anyway i think itll be My Chemical Romamce 3Arena or even Rds

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Duffy98 wrote: »
    id personally love muse or pumpkins to come over but id say Billy Corgan wont want to play where that poor girl lost her life i think thats why they dont play here.

SP played here 4 times since then actually, Billy was even here the summer gone did a solo tour for double some full band prices to a sold out Olympia even though the Pumpkins were on tour!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Im going to guess and say its My Chemical Romance they are announcing gigs/shows tomorrow morning ill go with that cause its the most logical cant see any of the big bands coming here next year cause we got loads of them last year id personally love muse or pumpkins to come over but id say Billy Corgan wont want to play where that poor girl lost her life i think thats why they dont play here. But anyway i think itll be My Chemical Romamce 3Arena or even Rds

Think for MCR it's a US tour, that said wouldn't be too surprised if they have European tour at some stage

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Eod100 wrote: »
    Think for MCR it's a US tour, that said wouldn't be too surprised if they have European tour at some stage

They were teasing a UK tour before they went near a US tease. UK show announcement has been rumoured for this week since ore Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭budgemook

SP played here 4 times since then actually, Billy was even here the summer gone did a solo tour for double some full band prices to a sold out Olympia even though the Pumpkins were on tour!!

I took the post to mean The Point.

budgemook wrote: »
    I took the post to mean The Point.

Oh I see now perhaps, still though it was mid June Billy did show when options outdoors could've been available.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

PTH2009 wrote: »

Hoping it's a decent one

Could be Alter Bridge.

• Advertisement

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Could be Alter Bridge.

Supporting Maiden in June in belfast, could be an option

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Supporting Maiden in June in belfast, could be an option

Send their gear down from Belfast afterwards, do The Olympia the next night or Wednesday.

Guess we'll find out tomorrow morning.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Could be Alter Bridge.

Ohh that be nice

Oh I see now perhaps, still though it was mid June Billy did show when options outdoors could've been available.

Saw Billy in June he was unreal I thought. Didnt mention if hed ever be back still think it kinda haunts him to be honest he only ever mentioned the Olympia gig as the last time they played here but he did say new music again this year the amount of music he relases is insane. Hearing it could be megadeth announced tomorrow for the gig. The ticket prices for billy were 70 each i got up the front but he played for 2 and a bit hours on his own so you got ths moneys worth out of it and he did actually talk to the crowd which is rare

He wanted intimate shows he said for the solo stuff nothing beyond 1,000 peoppe which is fair enough its just him with a guitar snd a piano for over 2 hours it wouldnt do well outdoors at all i was half expecting james Iha to come out for the price of admission. They didnt even sell out the O2 in london i think Billy thinks they are way more popular than they are but it aint them tomorrow morning Alter Bridge though would be great and their new Album is deadly

Alter bridge, MCR or Megadeth I'm happy

Tool omg yes

Could be another Liam Gallagher show ?? Ha

It wouldnt do well outdoors at all i was half expecting james Iha to come out for the price of admission. They didnt even sell out the O2 in london i think Billy thinks they are way more popular than they are
    Was referring to Pumpkins shows outdoor not the big outdoor venues either, it was Wembley arena even they couldn't sell out, I was at it great show but expensive with a few lulls.

Mcr self confirmed for Milton Keynes over night

No mention of further dates

Whitesnake SSE Arena Belfast June 10th with support from Europe thats the big announcement

Whitesnake SSE Arena Belfast June 10th with support from Europe thats the big announcement

Lame and it not been a Dublin date

Great live band but once was enough

• Advertisement

AC/DC new album for february - March with a tour to follow Slane 2021 id say id be shocked if it was this may or june thats a lot of tickets to sell in under 5 months

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭DarMul17

AC/DC new album for february - March with a tour to follow Slane 2021 id say id be shocked if it was this may or june thats a lot of tickets to sell in under 5 months

The Rolling Stones announced in February and played in May 2018. They sold over 60000, AC/DC could easily sell that amount with a short window, would prefer sometime in May or July, as June is stacked already for concerts. And if it is Slane count me out.

DarMul17 wrote: »
    The Rolling Stones announced in February and played in May 2018. They sold over 60000, AC/DC could easily sell that amount with a short window, would prefer sometime in May or July, as June is stacked already for concerts. And if it is Slane count me out.

Possibly the tour wont hit Europe til 2021

Could start in Australia in the Autumn

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Hardly counts as an announcement, but the GAA clubs draw has a 6th prize of "Tickets to a Concert in Croke Park in 2020"

https://res.cloudinary.com/dvrbaruzq/image/upload/fl_attachment/pnthdlfjxz0wet70uglq.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Hardly counts as an announcement, but the GAA clubs draw has a 6th prize of "Tickets to a Concert in Croke Park in 2020"

https://res.cloudinary.com/dvrbaruzq/image/upload/fl_attachment/pnthdlfjxz0wet70uglq.pdf

Interesting, well spotted!

Shedite27 wrote: »

good spot but might be just a generic prize with the year simply been changed every time

wait and see i suppose but if they need to get a move on if they want gigs there

https://crokepark.ie/matchday/2020-season-fixtures

Cant see it been July or August cause looking at the fixtures its jam packed with important games. A lot of June booked also for games and then add having the Euros games on across the river in the Aviva at that time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

Gonna miss this one unfortunately. Have seen them a few times and always a delight. Big venue for them, hopefully they pull a big crowd.

Alicia Keys 3Arena June 5th 2020 tickets 97.50

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭Burty330

lol@ 97.50 to hear one song

Advertisement