Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 Irish Gigs (Rumoured & Confirmed events)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Duffy98

Aiken listed the MCR date on facebook as Kilmainham as being June 23rd and 24th

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

saw them a primavera a few years ago, they were immense fun. Will be trying to get tickets for this, depending on price!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,409 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

****ing June window again

PTH2009 wrote: »
    ****ing June window again
    Yeah theres like 4 big gigs on in the one week but I suppose when their only available that month what can they do im more surprised that its Aiken that booked them would of thought it would of been MCD and part of the RDS Summer in the city thing they are doing cause I mean if twenty one pilots can get the rds then i think MCR could easily fill that im expecting more dates to be added to be honest theyve already sold out milton keynes twice and had to put on a 3rd date

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Duffy98 wrote: »
    Yeah theres like 4 big gigs on in the one week but I suppose when their only available that month what can they do im more surprised that its Aiken that booked them would of thought it would of been MCD and part of the RDS Summer in the city thing they are doing cause I mean if twenty one pilots can get the rds then i think MCR could easily fill that im expecting more dates to be added to be honest theyve already sold out milton keynes twice and had to put on a 3rd date

They had a bit of falling out with livenation in the US, hence the Aiken over MCD here and using SJM in the UK

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Black Stone Cherry have released tour dates in the UK for October, probably a safe bet that they'll do an Irish gig as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Lithium93_ wrote:
    Black Stone Cherry have released tour dates in the UK for October, probably a safe bet that they'll do an Irish gig as well.

They were only here last year

They were only here last year

New album, new tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    New album, new tour.

Word of new album?

Word of new album?

From the band's Twitter account an hour ago.

https://twitter.com/BlkStoneCherry/status/1221818840427921408

• Advertisement

bennyl10 wrote: »
    They had a bit of falling out with livenation in the US, hence the Aiken over MCD here and using SJM in the UK
    Thanks for the explanation i can actually only imagine how much LiveNation would charge for tickets its actually nice to see Aiken not charge well over the odds for tickets compared to the prices at Milton Keynes where its £200 to stand which is insane

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Hopefully they do, missed there last few gigs here but they always put on a great show

Hopefully they do, missed there last few gigs here but they always put on a great show

I've yet to see them live. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Duffy98 wrote: »
    Thanks for the explanation i can actually only imagine how much LiveNation would charge for tickets its actually nice to see Aiken not charge well over the odds for tickets compared to the prices at Milton Keynes where its £200 to stand which is insane

They started at 80 really
    The 200 is resale

• Registered Users Posts: 4,058 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Love for them to get back down to Limerick but I doubt it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,915 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

I'll have to take the month of June off work at this rate

PsychoPete wrote: »
    I'll have to take the month of June off work at this rate

Same almost have to move to Dublin ha

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Eod100 wrote: »

Another decent booking for LATM there.

With them, the National, Sinead O'connor and Orbital, its actually quite a good mix this year. Most of the other stuff wouldn't be my bag but I can anticipate some of it selling very well.

I wonder will there be many more added? That must be close to 20 now.

I'll still keep fingers crossed for the Frames, though I don't imagine they'll be added now. Surely the announcement would have come at the same time as the dublin show?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Danny Brown academy 1st April

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭fafy

Another decent booking for LATM there.

With them, the National, Sinead O'connor and Orbital, its actually quite a good mix this year. Most of the other stuff wouldn't be my bag but I can anticipate some of it selling very well.

I wonder will there be many more added? That must be close to 20 now.

I'll still keep fingers crossed for the Frames, though I don't imagine they'll be added now. Surely the announcement would have come at the same time as the dublin show?

Fontaines are the 20th event to be announced at LATM. Tickets are €38.00 + usual extras of about €5.

Will definitely go to the Fontaines, have been waiting to see then, and will go for the Frames if indeed, that materialises. Already Booked for the National and Sinead as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Got a ticket to Tenacious D

Been 12 years since I've seen them support Metallica

Not sure what to expect and only flying back from Hamburg the day before. Should be a decent show

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

ILIKEFOOD wrote: »
    really? Looking back on the worst/best gig thread they are featured a lot as one of the worst gigs (lansdowne rd).. I was at that gig it was crap. They were also crap at Slane

:eek: Slane is considered amongst the RHCP fanbase as their best performance. Truly an epic gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭BandMember

It's the 28th of January and they're announcing gigs (in the f**king Academy, one of the smallest venues around!!) for next December already??? WTF??? :eek:

The boom is back lads! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

BandMember wrote: »
    It's the 28th of January and they're announcing gigs (in the f**king Academy, one of the smallest venues around!!) for next December already??? WTF??? :eek:

Nope. That gig is annual at this stage and it always gets announced way in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭fafy

BandMember wrote: »

most people getting paid this week, for month of January, clearly, the promoters look at the timing of things!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,058 ✭✭✭Jofspring

fifth wrote: »
    :eek: Slane is considered amongst the RHCP fanbase as their best performance. Truly an epic gig.

Completely agree with this. I saw them at slane and they were unbelievable. Top Class. Then I saw them the following year at phoenix park and they were desperate. The year after they played Oxegen and I left before they started.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

fafy wrote: »
    most people getting paid this week, for month of January, clearly, the promoters look at the timing of things!

Dunno would a gig in December be a priory for anyone just getting paid though!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Jofspring wrote: »
    Completely agree with this. I saw them at slane and they were unbelievable. Top Class. Then I saw them the following year at phoenix park and they were desperate. The year after they played Oxegen and I left before they started.

You made the right choice, it was my first time to see them and was my last as i thought they were very boring

Advertisement