Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 Irish Gigs (Rumoured & Confirmed events)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Duffy98 wrote: »
    Yeah but I didnt only bought the one. Of course the temptation was there they go for loads but its not right considering its been 9 years im just saying thats what some people do doesnt mean I did it like. I was only making a point of how automated systems buy the majority of tickets and how Ticketmaster dont upgrade/patch their systems to prevent it cause they work with these companies

You've mentioned a couple of times before for different gigs that people could buy tickets and flip them for a profit (even recommending it once, I think it was for Gerry Cinammon, but could be wrong) so there's a lot of irony in you complaining about second hand resellers.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

OhHiMark wrote: »
    It's pretty rich of you to be saying this when you said above that you were tempted to buy two and sell one of them above cost price to offset the cost.
    You've mentioned a couple of times before for different gigs that people could buy tickets and flip them for a profit (even recommending it once, I think it was for Gerry Cinammon, but could be wrong) so there's a lot of irony in you complaining about second hand resellers.

To be fair, if we were all judged on what we would be tempted to do; none of us would look too well.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

The Strokes
    Waterfront Hall belfast
    24th feb

On sale tomorrow

Dafuq

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

maximoose wrote: »
    The Strokes
    Waterfront Hall belfast
    24th feb

On sale tomorrow

Dafuq

Genuinely thought you were trolling for a second!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭Penfailed

The Strokes
    Waterfront Hall belfast
    24th feb

On sale tomorrow

Dafuq

Very strange venue for The Strokes.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

The Strokes
    Waterfront Hall belfast
    24th feb

On sale tomorrow

Dafuq

Just announced? That's some quick turnaround

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Yeah seems to be a last minute tour - Belfast, Paris & Berlin

£50 for the Waterfront, ugh

Monday night too and would probably need to stay up. Say I'll wait and see do they do a festival in the summer instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭fafy

Eod100 wrote: »
    Monday night too and would probably need to stay up. Say I'll wait and see do they do a festival in the summer instead.

Any chance of an Olympia gig, i wonder,? as I see MCD are booking them for Belfast.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,408 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Promoters/bands should really announce 'all dates' at once and not in stages

How many were stung buying MCR tickets for milton Keynes and then they announce the Dublin date a week later

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

fafy wrote: »
    Any chance of an Olympia gig, i wonder,? as I see MCD are booking them for Belfast.

Seems to be just small warm up shows for a rumoured new album, wonder will they be back in the summer to play a bigger outdoor show in dublin to coincide with a few festivals theyre doing

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Promoters/bands should really announce 'all dates' at once and not in stages

How many were stung buying MCR tickets for milton Keynes and then they announce the Dublin date a week later

You are giving the very reason why they should NOT announce them all at once!

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭Burty330

50 quid for the Strokes? Not bad.

Remember when Eddie Vedder charged 108Euro to play a show in the o2 on equipment he brought over in his hand luggage.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,408 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

That Paul McCartney charity thing ???

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Screams promo tour to me, be shocked not to see them back later in year.

PTH2009 wrote: »
    That Paul McCartney charity thing ???

I've no idea what that is but I'd say not!

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭wacotaco

Was looking at buying a standing ticket to Cat Stevens LATM last night 76euro .... just looking again today and the same ticket is 86euro! TM have hiked the price up overnight by a tener. Is this dynamic pricing introduced to Ireland now?

wacotaco wrote: »
    Was looking at buying a standing ticket to Cat Stevens LATM last night 76euro .... just looking again today and the same ticket is 86euro! TM have hiked the price up overnight by a tener. Is this dynamic pricing introduced to Ireland now?

Its been in for provinces rugby games a while now I think. Wasnt aware of being here for music gigs though. Just another way for them to make more money I guess

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭DarMul17

Kings of Leon are playing a few dates in the UK at the end of June to first week of July. Considering how popular they are in this country entirely possible they will play a date or two here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,566 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The Black Crowes back together, a UK & European tour beginning October 10 with a show at 3Arena in Dublin - presale tickets on sale Thursday 6th February at 9am with general tickets on sale this Friday at 9am

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    The Black Crowes back together, a UK & European tour beginning October 10 with a show at 3Arena in Dublin - presale tickets on sale Thursday 6th February at 9am with general tickets on sale this Friday at 9am

Looking to be a good October.. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭fafy

wacotaco wrote: »

Looks like they are limiting standard tickets, and when they are gone, it goes to “collector tickets”, which adds €5.95 per ticket.

When the initial onsale starts, both options are available, allthough i have noticed for some gigs, it defaults to collector tickets automatically, but one can switch to a non collector ticket option.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭Penfailed

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

It's not the original band though.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

Angel Olsen for Vicar Street, Wednesday 24th June. https://twitter.com/foggynotions/status/1224996109283667970?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Angel Olsen for Vicar Street, Wednesday 24th June.

giphy.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Angel Olsen for Vicar Street, Wednesday 24th June. https://twitter.com/foggynotions/status/1224996109283667970?s=19

Damn. Was hoping for a weekend show for her. Or maybe a return to Cork Opera House. Ah well! Another one I won't make it to this year.

The Nal wrote: »
    giphy.gif

I'm only the messenger! :P ah each to their own and all that sure! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭DarMul17

Damn it, I'm at Thom Yorke that night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Big thief 2nd september vicar st

Advertisement