Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 Irish Gigs (Rumoured & Confirmed events)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,408 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Not gig related but my god The green room bar near the 3arena is a bit of a craphole, no comfort in there if ur alone, people walking everywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Not gig related but my god The green room bar near the 3arena is a bit of a craphole, no comfort in there if ur alone, people walking everywhere

If you have the 3app you can book into the 3 lounge at three arena for a drink before or after.

Going for pre Bon Iver drinks. Have never been in before.

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭Burty330

People are over estimating the dawning power of Rage in 2020. Marley Park , 2-3 nights at the o2??? Lol. They'd struggle to fill one night in the o2.

I see the reunion tours going the same way as the Pumpkin tour with the original line-up a few years back. There was big Excitement at the start , but not the same when the tour came around. Tickets didn't sell out like hot cakes as was expected.

There's a reason RATM are playing it safe on the festival circuit.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,408 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

If you have the 3app you can book into the 3 lounge at three arena for a drink before or after.

Going for pre Bon Iver drinks. Have never been in before.

Was there a few weeks ago decent but a little small. You get glass pints but cant take them out to the floor with you. €6.50 a pint like inside the arena

The new bar is nice in the mayson hotel but €6.10 a Heineken

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Burty330 wrote: »
    People are over estimating the dawning power of Rage in 2020. Marley Park , 2-3 nights at the o2??? Lol. They'd struggle to fill one night in the o2.

I see the reunion tours going the same way as the Pumpkin tour with the original line-up a few years back. There was big Excitement at the start , but not the same when the tour came around. Tickets didn't sell out like hot cakes as was expected.

There's a reason RATM are playing it safe on the festival circuit.

Playing it safe headlining a festival with bigger capacity than a Marley park show or 3 x O2 shows? Theres a reason they're headlining the biggest festivals at the time

• Advertisement

Mushy wrote: »
    Playing it safe headlining a festival with bigger capacity than a Marley park show or 3 x O2 shows? Theres a reason they're headlining the biggest festivals at the time

Exactly. There's little to no risk playing to an audience that's already there.

Exactly. There's little to no risk playing to an audience that's already there.

If they weren't big enough for those venues, they wouldn't be headlining the festival

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Duffy98

If they weren't big enough for those venues, they wouldn't be headlining the festival
    Chilli's are doing the Euro Festivals and since they are on the reunion theme think they could be a headliner they should of just announced the acts before they went on sale i swear if it's RATM , Reformed chilli's ill be kicking myself. They've been gone for 9 years RATM would have sold well here no problem sure we all saw the buzz when we thought they were doing the RDS that time hopefully this tour is testing the waters

None of the headliners by themselves are big enough for those festivial venues.

The point flew over your head anyway. Rage themsevles didn't shift any of those tickets , they were sold out before they were even added to the roster.

Rage aren't embarking on a headlining arena tour around Europe as its unkown how well tickets would sell. Afterall there was no massive demand for them to reform.

The are playing it safe for now , gauging the audience reception on the festivial circut while avoiding the risk of a poorly recieved solo arena tour.

There is no casual market for RATM , its hardcore fanbase only and thats probably not enough to sell out an arena tour around Europe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

RATM would sell out the 3arena handily enough.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Arghus wrote: »

Well they sold it out last time they were here in 2010

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Well they sold it out last time they were here in 2010

Dont come in here and debate with your logic and facts, MISTER SCIENTIST.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,430 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

None of the headliners by themselves are big enough for those festivial venues.

The point flew over your head anyway. Rage themsevles didn't shift any of those tickets , they were sold out before they were even added to the roster.

Rage aren't embarking on a headlining arena tour around Europe as its unkown how well tickets would sell. Afterall there was no massive demand for them to reform.

The are playing it safe for now , gauging the audience reception on the festivial circut while avoiding the risk of a poorly recieved solo arena tour.

There is no casual market for RATM , its hardcore fanbase only and thats probably not enough to sell out an arena tour around Europe.

https://www.loudersound.com/features/teens-react-to-rage-against-the-machine-headlining-reading-and-leeds-and-its-hilarious

Some reaction on there to RATM .. :rolleyes::eek:

https://loudwire.com/rage-against-the-machine-2020-tour-dates/

Theres plenty of 'arenas' amongst the festival appearances.
    But they seem to be playing it safe , testing the water , to see how 'popular' they still are .

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

that point doesn't really work, most recent EP headliners aren't remotely near big enough for a Marlay Park gig/multiple nights at the 3arena.

that point doesn't really work, most recent EP headliners aren't remotely near big enough for a Marlay Park gig/multiple nights at the 3arena.

It's a bigger attendance this year, they're suitably upping the size of the acts theyll get it appears.

If it was a standalone show, theyd be playing a bigger outdoor venue. Plenty of demand for them. Just so happens that FR have them playing their festivals

Arghus wrote: »

The point flew over your head well. Somebody said RATM could sell out 3 nights at the 02 as well as Marley Park. I disputed that.

Not even Guns n Roes are selling out Marley Park and their fanbase is double , if not triple the size Rage's.

RATM may have sold out 10 years ago , but 10 years is a long time and people grow up.

The point flew over your head well. Somebody said RATM could sell out 3 nights at the 02 as well as Marley Park. I disputed that.

Not even Guns n Roes are selling out Marley Park and their fanbase is double , if not triple the size Rage's.

RATM may have sold out 10 years ago , but 10 years is a long time and people grow up.

Who said Marley as well as 3 x O2? GNR played like 2-3 years ago, so that buzz is certainly gone. Theres a bit of a hype around them touring again, generally leads to a bigger crowd

https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=now%207-d&geo=IE&q=%2Fm%2F047v1z3

As expected. Minimal interest leading to the the announcements , then naturally a large spike of interest when the tour dates were released. . From there , interest went into free fall.

Compare to Green Day who are trending consistently.

https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=now%207-d&geo=IE&q=green%20day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Without wanting to be that guy, if people want to row about Rage, could ye take it to the RATM or Electric Picnic threads?

This is getting quite strange now...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

It's a bigger attendance this year, they're suitably upping the size of the acts theyll get it appears.

If it was a standalone show, theyd be playing a bigger outdoor venue. Plenty of demand for them. Just so happens that FR have them playing their festivals
    that's literally contradicting the point you're making.
    EP headliners generally aren't big enough for more than 1 night in the 3Arena. Almost none in recent times could headline Marlay Park.

Saying that because they're headlining EP means that they're big enough for Marlay Park/3 nights in the 3Arena doesn't stand up whatsoever.

I'm not saying RATM couldn't, I'm saying that the logic of EP headliner = Marlay Park headliner is basically nonsense.
    If it was a standalone show, theyd be playing a bigger outdoor venue.
    given that they have plenty of standalone shows, and they're all indoor arenas, that is pretty doubtful.
    here's the list of non-festival gigs they're doing:

March 26 — El Paso, TX @ Don Haskins Center
    March 28 — Las Cruces, NM @ Pan American Center
    March 30 — Glendale, AZ @ Gila River Arena
    April 21 — Oakland, CA @ Oakland Arena
    April 25 — Portland, OR @ Moda Center
    April 28 — Tacoma, WA @ Tacoma Dome
    May 1 — Vancouver, BC @ Pacific Coliseum at the PNE
    May 3 — Edmonton, AB @ Rogers Place
    May 5 — Calgary, AB @ Scotiabank Saddledome
    May 7 — Winnipeg, MB @ Bell MTS Place
    May 9 — Sioux Falls, SD @ Denny Sanford Premier Center
    May 11 — Minneapolis, MN @ Target Center
    May 14 — Kansas City, MO @ Sprint Center
    May 16 — St. Louis, MO @ Enterprise Center
    May 19 — Chicago, IL @ United Center
    July 10 — East Troy, WI @ Alpine Valley Music Theatre
    July 13 — Detroit, MI @ Little Caesars Arena
    July 21 — Hamilton, ON @ FirstOntario Centre
    July 23 — Toronto, ON @ Scotiabank Arena
    July 27 — Buffalo, NY @ KeyBank Center
    July 29 — Cleveland, OH @ Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse
    July 31 — Pittsburgh, PA @ PPG Paints Arena
    August 2 — Raleigh, NC @ PNC Arena
    August 4 — Washington DC @ Capital One Arena
    August 7 — Camden, NJ @ BB&T Pavilion
    August 10 — New York, NY @ Madison Square Garden
    August 11 — New York, NY @ Madison Square Garden
    September 8 — Prague, Czech Republic @ O2 Arena
    September 10 — Krakow, Poland @ Tauron Arena

• Registered Users Posts: 10,988 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Without wanting to be that guy, if people want to row about Rage, could ye take it to the RATM or Electric Picnic threads?

This is getting quite strange now...

Opening thread hoping for an interesting gig announcement, seeing more pointless arguing about how big Rage are...
    tenor.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 10,988 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Low key, but these guys are cracking live, would recommend this one...
    https://twitter.com/mcd_productions/status/1227532867087065088?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

here's the list of non-festival gigs they're doing

You missed Austria Stadehalle on the 12th of Sept, a Saturday too.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Fortyjocks

No gigs for Croke Park this Summer by sounds of it, no one around apparently with the Euros on !!!!!

https://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/gaa/croke-park-wont-stage-concerts-21477245.amp?__twitter_impression=true

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Eminem for Slane

Eminem for Slane

He won't be welcome back at Slane anyway after all the crap that happened the last time there will be no Slane this year anyway it'll be next year i'd say he's a class performer never seen him live myself would be one to tick off the bucket list but i doubt be Slane and his last couple of albums have been average at best unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 9,792 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Duffy98 wrote: »
    He won't be welcome back at Slane anyway after all the crap that happened the last time there will be no Slane this year anyway it'll be next year i'd say he's a class performer never seen him live myself would be one to tick off the bucket list but i doubt be Slane and his last couple of albums have been average at best unfortunately

What crap??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Please not again.
    Was at that show, it was absolutely awful.

He did half cuts of songs, with super heavy imposed backing tracks.

I’ve never been as bored and I struggle to thing of as bad a show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

I haven't said it before but can you please use punctuation? There are about four different points you could be making here depending on where I put commas and full stops.

Advertisement