Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 Irish Gigs (Rumoured & Confirmed events)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭fafy

sweetie wrote: »
    It definitely goes back on voucher. I'm sure they'd have to extend it.

I’d be double checking the voucher will be extended, TM are quite inflexible in a lot of areas

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

fafy wrote: »
    I’d be double checking the voucher will be extended, TM are quite inflexible in a lot of areas

True dat. I've a voucher ending in November so should be spending it again pretty quickly
    Got an email today saying Danny Brown gig tonight is off and going to be rescheduled.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

sweetie wrote: »
    True dat. I've a voucher ending in November so should be spending it again pretty quickly
    Got an email today saying Danny Brown gig tonight is off and going to be rescheduled.
    I don't know for sure, but wouldn't the new Irish laws overrule any TM expiry date?

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/new-gift-voucher-regulations-to-come-into-effect-1.4099820

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Suckit wrote: »
    I don't know for sure, but wouldn't the new Irish laws overrule any TM expiry date?

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/new-gift-voucher-regulations-to-come-into-effect-1.4099820

If it was issued on or after December 2, 2019 its subject to the new laws. If it was issued prior to that, its not.

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Duffy98

Green Day moved their Asia tour to April 2021 so im assuming the same will happen with the European dates

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭piplip87

A fair amount of Agricultural shows, Vintage Rally's and Festivals after been cancelled. Tullamore Show is the most worrying as it's not until August. I'd say we will be lucky to have any gigs at all this side of Halloween

piplip87 wrote: »
    A fair amount of Agricultural shows, Vintage Rally's and Festivals after been cancelled. Tullamore Show is the most worrying as it's not until August. I'd say we will be lucky to have any gigs at all this side of Halloween
    I don't think there will be anything until after the harvest festivals period this year.
    It looks to me like it might be builders, cafés and schools back first (May), then restaurants maybe pubs (May - June?) possibly/likely with restrictions, and then slowly (very slowly) businesses back to as normal as they can be.
    My guess is that they are avoiding any risk of this not being 100% controlled by the start of flu season (October). So I can't imagine that they would allow mass gatherings of any size.
    Announcing a gig no matter how small would be advocating that things are back to normal.
    I can't imagine that we will be ready to rub shoulders and cram through crowds by September, no matter how much money Live Nation/TM might try and throw at the right powers that be.
    At best, I am guessing when pubs reopen they would be limited to a certain capacity, and breaking that will result in massive penalties. Unless the government decides that the death ratio may be worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Suckit wrote: »
    I don't think there will be anything until after the harvest festivals period this year.
    It looks to me like it might be builders, cafés and schools back first (May), then restaurants maybe pubs (May - June?) possibly/likely with restrictions, and then slowly (very slowly) businesses back to as normal as they can be.
    My guess is that they are avoiding any risk of this not being 100% controlled by the start of flu season (October). So I can't imagine that they would allow mass gatherings of any size.
    Announcing a gig no matter how small would be advocating that things are back to normal.
    I can't imagine that we will be ready to rub shoulders and cram through crowds by September, no matter how much money Live Nation/TM might try and throw at the right powers that be.
    At best, I am guessing when pubs reopen they would be limited to a certain capacity, and breaking that will result in massive penalties. Unless the government decides that the death ratio may be worth it.
    I agree, you're not going to be in any pubs/concerts/sports that has people crammed against each other in 2020

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

There is not a mission of schools going back. The LC may happen, the JC wont.

There is not a mission of schools going back. The LC may happen, the JC wont.

LC will definitely happen, various alternative plans have already been drafted. It has to happen, as the knock on effects are very significant for both 2nd & 3rd level. JC is lower priority, and can be deferred until after the much more important LC is completed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭Penfailed

fafy wrote: »
    LC will definitely happen, various alternative plans have already been drafted. It has to happen, as the knock on effects are very significant for both 2nd & 3rd level. JC is lower priority, and can be deferred until after the much more important LC is completed.

Yet there's not going to be any GCSEs or A-Levels in the north. How can they do it?

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Penfailed wrote: »
    Yet there's not going to be any GCSEs or A-Levels in the north. How can they do it?

They presumably have some fail safe measures in place that we dont so that they can use the predicted grade option, though I'm not familiar enough with their system to say what that might be.
    It would be a really terrible idea for that to happen in Ireland considering we dont use continuous assessment properly and the pre exams all leaked online a week in advance of most schools running them. You potentially have a scenario where the hard working kids did worse than the chancers because they refused to cheat, and genuinely good kids will miss out on their courses while kids who probably shouldnt get their courses do so by virtue of having cheated. It would be an unmitigated disaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Duffy98

They could use every room in the school. Instead of having one hall for the exam to be in just use multiple rooms with 5 or 6 students in each one. If theres 10 rooms in a school that could accomodate up to 60 students and since some subjects are optional there are only 3 exams English , Irish , Maths where all rooms could potentially be used. The only way this could work is if The JC is postponed or pushed back by a month or two and if there are enough teachers/supervisors availsble. I think it could easily be achieved. Also forgot to mention that the seat next to and ahead of each student would be unfilled like the way the transport services are doing it. On the point of the Leaving cert as well the way they decided on giving students marks for nothing in terms of Orals was ridiculous they could have easily have been done via Skype you shouldnt be allowed to pass a language if you cant speak it. The leaving cert must go ahead as if it wont it could lead to a massive domino effect for future years

• Registered Users Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Duffy98 wrote: »
    They could use every room in the school. Instead of having one hall for the exam to be in just use multiple rooms with 5 or 6 students in each one. If theres 10 rooms in a school that could accomodate up to 60 students and since some subjects are optional there are only 3 exams English , Irish , Maths where all rooms could potentially be used. The only way this could work is if The JC is postponed or pushed back by a month or two and if there are enough teachers/supervisors availsble. I think it could easily be achieved. Also forgot to mention that the seat next to and ahead of each student would be unfilled like the way the transport services are doing it. On the point of the Leaving cert as well the way they decided on giving students marks for nothing in terms of Orals was ridiculous they could have easily have been done via Skype you shouldnt be allowed to pass a language if you cant speak it. The leaving cert must go ahead as if it wont it could lead to a massive domino effect for future years

I meant, how can the north and Britain NOT do their equivalent of the JC and LC...but it's not possible here.

*...and I've just realised that this is waaaay off topic for this thread!

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

*...and I've just realised that this is waaaay off topic for this thread!

Laughing here !

• Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

What i wouldn't give for a concert indoor/outdoor now seeing all the lovley evening weather :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Ben Done

PTH2009 wrote: »
    What i wouldn't give for a concert indoor/outdoor now seeing all the lovley evening weather :(:(

Drag the speakers out to the garden, if you're lucky enough to have one, and put on your favourite live album.
    Charge your relatives 8 quid a pint, dig a dunny, and you're almost there.

Ben Done wrote: »
    Drag the speakers out to the garden, if you're lucky enough to have one, and put on your favourite live album.
    Charge your relatives 8 quid a pint, dig a dunny, and you're almost there.

Great idea but no garden for me

Pics/vids of previous concerts will have to do

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Great idea but no garden for me

Pics/vids of previous concerts will have to do

Buy an oculus or a VR headset from amazon...
    There have to be a couple of gigs uploaded properly somewhere
    https://www.noysvr.com/
    https://nextvr.com/
    https://www.androidcentral.com/best-live-events-vr
    https://www.nme.com/blogs/nme-blogs/virtual-reality-can-make-you-feel-like-youre-at-an-actual-concert-onstage-with-the-band-how-vr-is-bringing-live-concerts-into-our-homes-2381721

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Nick Cave rescheduled.

Tickets for the 8th May will now be valid for the rescheduled show on Friday 23rd April 2021

Tickets for the 9th May will now be valid for the rescheduled show on Saturday 24th April 2021

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

Nick Cave rescheduled.

Tickets for the 8th May will now be valid for the rescheduled show on Friday 23rd April 2021

Tickets for the 9th May will now be valid for the rescheduled show on Saturday 24th April 2021

Yep..got a big circular mail off them to ask customers to stop "REACHING" out asking for refunds for cancelled events.
    Still want my refunds though!! Will buy all the tickets again if dates suit me or funds are available.
    They are making this very difficult:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Ken Tucky wrote: »

I got a nonsense reply the first time I tried to refund Bon Iver - wishy washy thing about look out for rescheduled dates

Tried to reply to it and the ticket had been closed :rolleyes:

Then submitted a second ticket, it was refunded the next day

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Ken Tucky wrote: »
    Yep..got a big circular mail off them to ask customers to stop "REACHING" out asking for refunds for cancelled events.
    Still want my refunds though!! Will buy all the tickets again if dates suit me or funds are available.

They've no issue taking money straight away. Refunds should be the same. Not really good enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

maximoose wrote: »
    I got a nonsense reply the first time I tried to refund Bon Iver - wishy washy thing about look out for rescheduled dates

Will try again so. Thanks for the heads up;)

maximoose wrote: »

To make things less frustrating, wait until the rescheduled gig is actually announced, before requesting a redund, as TM are not refunding, until that happens. Do it before the new dates announced, and youre really just wasting your time & theirs.

Tbf, in this case, his (Nick Cave)whole Euro tour had to be rescheduled into 2021, its not something that can possibly be done in a day, hence it took more than 2 weeks.

Refund requests are only now being confirmed. (Since rescheduled gigs announced earlier today)They must have 10’s of thousands of support & refund requests, for hundreads of different gigs in a totally unique set of mass cancellation & postponement circumstances. It was never going to be quick, to process that volume of queries.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

This was the day after the new date had been announced :pac:

Haven't requested anything for gigs still up in the air

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Eod100 wrote: »
    They've no issue taking money straight away. Refunds should be the same. Not really good enough.

They dont have enough of a cash flow to refund if lots of people seek refunds.
    A few governments in Europe , notably Germany, Italy and Poland have adopted legislation to allow vouchers to be offered in lieu of cash refunds.
    We might see similar legislation here and the UK.

https://www.iq-mag.net/2020/04/ticket-voucher-laws-to-come-into-place-in-europe/#.Xo3Pvf1KiUk

Zardoz wrote: »
    They dont have enough of a cash flow to refund if lots of people seek refunds.
    A few governments in Europe , notably Germany, Italy and Poland have adopted legislation to allow vouchers to be offered in lieu of cash refunds.
    We might see similar legislation here and the UK.

https://www.iq-mag.net/2020/04/ticket-voucher-laws-to-come-into-place-in-europe/#.Xo3Pvf1KiUk

Very Interesting article- thanks!

That's likely to be rolled out more and more surely.

• Advertisement

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/rolling-stones-postpone-no-filter-dates-968611/

They be almost immune from the virus lol

Id be happy taking TM vouchers if/when some of the summer gigs I have gets cancelled/postponed. Reckon I would keep the ticket for the rescheduled date.

Advertisement