Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 Irish Gigs (Rumoured & Confirmed events)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Pet Shop Boys have postponed their Uk tour till May 2021 so the Marquee gig looks like it wont go ahead.
    Its a pity as there was a really good lineup there this summer ,one of the best they have had in years.
    Highly unlikely it will go ahead this year I'd imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Zardoz wrote: »
    Pet Shop Boys have postponed their Uk tour till May 2021 so the Marquee gig looks like it wont go ahead.
    Its a pity as there was a really good lineup there this summer ,one of the best they have had in years.
    Highly unlikely it will go ahead this year I'd imagine

Say it's off this year. Its a pity with it being last year at current site. If they could get a new site for next year and some of the artists back would be great but may not be that easy to find site in time for next summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Only a matter of time before all of June's show are cancelled

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Only a matter of time before all of June's show are cancelled

Yup. Events in August being cancelled already. Guess some will be rescheduled but difficult for outdoor and festival gigs

Eod100 wrote: »
    Yup. Events in August being cancelled already. Guess some will be rescheduled but difficult for outdoor and festival gigs

Out of all the ones I'm going too

Duran Duran and MCR would be ideal for an autumn/winter 3arena shows here and would be of similar crowd numbers (maybe do 2 nights each) but could be a nightmare logisticly for tickets

HELLAMEGA tour will prob be moved to summer 2021 with similar dates/venues

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Duffy98

Duran Duran and MCR would be ideal for an autumn/winter 3arena shows here and would be of similar crowd numbers (maybe do 2 nights each) but could be a nightmare logisticly for tickets

Mcr will be pushed back a year hopefully and same with Hella Mega id say , see Pearl Jam at Hyde Park is off now as well in July

Duffy98 wrote: »
    Mcr will be pushed back a year hopefully and same with Hella Mega id say , see Pearl Jam at Hyde Park is off now as well in July

I'll jump the gun ha

Pearl Jam to add Slane for 2021 along with rescheduled dates at the same venues

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

If either played the 3Arena it would be one date each as i cant see either selling 30k tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

Ive seen a few bits get moved to Sept / Oct wonder if thats an indicator that EP will go ahead

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Sad for live at the marquee tbh with it being the last year there and was a great line up this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Rfrip wrote: »
    Sad for live at the marquee tbh with it being the last year there and was a great line up this year.

What's it being taken down for? If it's for a development this crisis might throw that into a delay too which might give us another year of the Marquee

• Registered Users Posts: 14,945 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Tindersticks moved from May to Feb 2021

• Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭fafy

Rfrip wrote: »

The last year- on the current site. They can easily find another site.

There are 3 Marquee figs scheduled for last few days in May, definitely whole lot will be cancelled, but seems as though PSB’s is the only official cancellation of any Marquee gig, its marked as “New date TBA”on their website.

Nialler9 with overview of festivals which have been cancelled so far. Think that list will only increase over next few weeks.

https://nialler9.com/electric-picnic-optimistic-it-will-go-ahead-this-year-heres-the-status-of-the-irish-summer-festivals-right-now/

Restrictions extended to the 5th May would love if they just came out and said when this could all settle cause they seem to be kicking the can down the road and drip feeding us information. The Leaving Cert will be on in July/August so thats the best indication of when we may see some normality

Restrictions extended to the 5th May would love if they just came out and said when this could all settle cause they seem to be kicking the can down the road and drip feeding us information. The Leaving Cert will be on in July/August so thats the best indication of when we may see some normality

true they should come out and say about mass gatherings etc

Im starting to accept a summer without gigs :(:( (which was unimaginable at the start of the year) but i feel less cheated than Garth Brooks in 2014 :D

Taking out summer gigs Genesis in Nov is my next gig. Ozzy is apperntley in better health but who knows about that tour.

true they should come out and say about mass gatherings etc

Im starting to accept a summer without gigs :(:( (which was unimaginable at the start of the year) but i feel less cheated than Garth Brooks in 2014 :D

Taking out summer gigs Genesis in Nov is my next gig. Ozzy is apperntley in better health but who knows about that tour.

Yeah i would appreciate it more if they just came out and said you cant leave the house or that restrictions will be lifted in August the fact that they are doing it every 2 weeks is well annoying. Yeah im the same as yourself with the summer gigs i had MCR , GnR , Green day and Chemical brothers to look forward to and have accepted they will all be cancelled or pushed back a year

later on in the year i have Stormzy and Elton John which should hopefully be left alone. I wont be accepting ticketmaster vouchers as a refund either cause technically they havent given me back my money and nobody should be getting duped by that scam .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

If they say we're stuck in until August there's a sizable minority of people who will say "**** that" and just give up on isolation. If they think it's just for a couple of weeks there's a chance they won't.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭fafy

OhHiMark wrote: »
    If they say we're stuck in until August there's a sizable minority of people who will say "**** that" and just give up on isolation. If they think it's just for a couple of weeks there's a chance they won't.

Agreed,
    No need to reinvent the wheel here, people need reassurance as to whats happening, and whats changing. So regular updates are essential, drives the point home as well, as well as giving updates. Changing the dates, is fine- its a totally unpredictable and unprecedented one in a hundread year event, so we need to suck it up,comply and get on with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭Penfailed

OhHiMark wrote: »

No one is saying that. They can't lock the country down until August...but...there will still be restrictions and these will probably include large gatherings.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

Yeah i would appreciate it more if they just came out and said you cant leave the house or that restrictions will be lifted in August the fact that they are doing it every 2 weeks is well annoying. Yeah im the same as yourself with the summer gigs i had MCR , GnR , Green day and Chemical brothers to look forward to and have accepted they will all be cancelled or pushed back a year

later on in the year i have Stormzy and Elton John which should hopefully be left alone. I wont be accepting ticketmaster vouchers as a refund either cause technically they havent given me back my money and nobody should be getting duped by that scam .

Going to try and get an Elton John ticket but atm theres none available, hoping more be released nearer. As you said hopefully gigs after summer wont be affected and the beginning of things going back to normal

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/pop/9335531/coronavirus-quarantine-music-events-online-streams
    Here Are All the Livestreams & Virtual Concerts to Watch During Coronavirus Crisis (Updating)
    April 10 - 15 quoted below
    April 10: Coachella: 20 Years in the Desert, the documentary about the annual music festival, hits streaming services on the date it was originally supposed to open.
    Ruby Stewart and Rod Stewart will be livestreaming in partnership with WHO and Global Citizen at 2:00 p.m. EST on Instagram.
    Questlove's livestream today at 5 p.m. PST is special because he will be deejaying a virtual dance party as a part of WUF WEEK on Instagram Live.
    Calvin Harris (Love Regenerator) will play Defected Virtual Fest at 8 p.m. UK time on Friday night.
    Ross Ellis goes live daily for his "Ross Writes" series at 7:00 p.m. EST on Facebook and Instagram.
    Niko and Anna Moon go live for their "Stir Crazy" series at 8 p.m. EST on Facebook and Instagram.
    Columbia's Livestreams continue on Instagram with Quinn XCII (6pm ET), Chloe X Halle (8pm ET) and Diplo (11pm ET).
    James Bay is offering his next guitar lesson on Instagram Live at 1:00 p.m. EST. His videos are part of Global Citizen's "Together at Home" series.
    DIY Mag's DIYsolation Festival kicks off featuring more than 20 artists (Pale Waves, Self Esteem) over three days.
    Overcoats' JJ and Hana are hosting an IG Live series Friday Night Fights, where they perform songs, host game shows and more in lieu of their planned spring tour.
    Coco Rosie will go live on Instagram at 11 a.m. PST.
    The third virtual North American tour date set by The Buckleys kicks off at 4:00 p.m. EDT, and can be streamed via their YouTube page.
    Los Angeles-based indie rockers Sure Sure invite people inside their shared abode at 8 p.m. ET for their Home Home Tour, with tickets available here. Friday, April 10: The Living Room.
    Freedom Fry will be hosting a "Homechella" at 8:30 p.m. PT to preview new songs from their album live in their studio.
    Boohoo will be hosting "Big Weekender" on its Instagram page (@boohoo) at 12 p.m. PST. Lennon Stella, Ari Lennox, Lovelytheband, Hannah Jane Lewis, Lost Boy Crow, and more are set to perform.
    Pickathon Presents A Concert A Day is hosting Tyler Childers at 1 p.m. PST on Facebook, Twitch and YouTube.
    Thomas Rhett will be going live for Bud Light's Dive Tour Home Edition on Facebook and Instagram at 9 p.m. EST.
    MSG's Instagram, Facebook and Twitter will be switching to a 24-hour Dead and Company social takeover in the lead up to Saturday at 8 p.m. when the band will stream night two of their 2017 run at MSG on their Facebook and YouTube pages as part of their “One More Saturday Night” free weekly #CouchTour series.
    Insomniac will be hosting Nocturnal Virtual Rave-A-Thon here at 11 p.m. EST.

April 11: Facebook Live will be hosting Human to Human, a benefit event from noon to midnight ET. Confirmed performances include Alec Bejanim, Andrew McMahon, Butch Walker, Grouplove, Hunter Hayes, Jensen McRae, Jewel, Lauren Daigle, Lucie Silvas, Nicolas Petricca (Walk The Moon), Sam Nelson Harris (X Ambassadors), Skylar Grey, Tim McIlrath (Rise Against), Tori Kelly and more. Proceeds from the event will benefit PLUS1's COVID-19 Relief Fund working in conjunction with MusiCares and Sweet Relief. Viewers will be to contribute via Facebook's Donate feature or by texting PLUS1H2H to 50155.
    VICE: NOISEY NIGHT IN, a virtual concert fundraiser, will stream at 5:00 p.m. EST on the Noisey YouTube and Vice Facebook pages. The event "will unite artists while driving donations to the Sweet Relief Musicians Fund, which financially supports artists in need." Margo Price, Overcoats, Diet Cig, Balming Tiger, Brian Fallon, Nothing Beabadoobee, Open Mike Eagle, Anna Burch, Kristina Esfandiari, Black Lips, Twin Peaks and Pa Salieu are all on the lineup.
    Farm Aid teams up with AXS TV to broadcast At Home With Farm Aid, featuring performances by Farm Aid Board Members Willie Nelson (joined by his sons Lukas and Micah), John Mellencamp, Neil Young and Dave Matthews. Broadcast starts at 8 p.m. ET on AXS TV and FarmAid.org.
    DJ Premier will go head-to-head with RZA for a live set, under the Verzuz banner. Watch from 9pm ET here.
    Alyssa Bonagura goes live for #AloneTogether and to share a new song at at 5:00 p.m. EST on Facebook and Instagram.
    The Grammy Museum is releasing its digital public program with Tanya Tucker, Brandi Carlile and Shooter Jennings here.
    LIVIT will be hosting a virtual concert, Wi-FEST, at 6 p.m. PST with powerful performances by rising talent Shalom Dubas, Emani 22, KoraTheArtist and more. All proceeds from Wi-FEST will be going to WHO and United Nations Foundation.
    Columbia's Livestreams continue on Instagram with Lennon Stella (5pm ET) and Diplo (11pm ET).
    The fourth virtual North American tour date set by The Buckleys kicks off at 6:00 p.m. EDT, and can be streamed via Live Nation's Facebook page.
    Pickathon Presents A Concert A Day is hosting Charles Bradley at 1 p.m. PST on Facebook, Twitch and YouTube.
    Kim Petras will be headlining NYX Cosmetic’s "Epic Together" Virtual Music Festival at 6 p.m. PST, which can be watched on Instagram (@nyxcosmetics). Jessie Reyez (Friday) and Princess Nokia (Sunday) will also make appearances.
    David Ellefson Youth Music Foundation, the nonprofit charity started by Megadeth co-founder and bassist David Ellefson, will partner with Grammy Music Education Coalition to host "Oh Say Can You Stream," a livestream online fundraiser to raise money for the School's Out initiative, which provides online lessons, instruments and gear to kids and aspiring musicians during quarantine. The event will take place at 4 p.m. EST on GMEC's Twitch and Facebook, David Ellefson's Facebook and YouTube channels, and DEYMF's Facebook page.

April 12: Los Angeles-based indie rockers Sure Sure invite people inside their shared abode at 8 p.m. ET for their Home Home Tour, with tickets available here. Sunday, April 12: The Kitchen.
    Pickathon Presents A Concert A Day is hosting Tank & the Bangas at 1 p.m. PST on Facebook, Twitch and YouTube.
    Pussy Riot will host a live stream here at 1 p.m. PST.
    Boys Noise does weekly sessions on Twitch every Ambient Sunday, Modular Monday, and Techno Tuesday at 5 p.m. PST.

April 13: Code Orange’s livestream series “You And You Alone” continues tonight at 8:00 p.m. EST on the band's Twitch channel. It will feature the band’s own Reba Meyers hosting a guitar clinic and playthrough Q&A with fans.
    The Grammy Museum is releasing its digital public program with Common here.
    Pickathon Presents A Concert A Day is hosting Damien Jurado at 1 p.m. PST on Facebook, Twitch and YouTube.

April 14: The Seder Stream Music Festival, curated by Kosha Dillz with the nonprofit Value Culture, will include Passover performances from Southern Avenue, Kosha Dillz, Howi Spangler of Ballyhoo!, Flavia, Verbs and Devmo, Bud. E. Luv, Ray Goren, DJ Vala Nirenberg, Black Crystal Wolf Kids and more. It runs from noon to 9 p.m. PT and will raise funds for charities of the artists' choosing.
    Los Angeles-based indie rockers Sure Sure invite people inside their shared abode at 8 p.m. ET for their Home Home Tour, with tickets available here. Tuesday, April 14: Laundry Room.
    Pickathon Presents A Concert A Day is hosting People Under the Stairs at 1 p.m. PST on Facebook, Twitch and YouTube.

April 15: The Grammy Museum is releasing its digital public program with Alice Merton here.
    Avi Kaplan will be streaming "Full Moon" live from YouTube Space LA at 9 a.m. PST here.
    Pickathon Presents A Concert A Day is hosting DakhaBrakha at 1 p.m. PST on Facebook, Twitch and YouTube.
    Alyssa Bonagura goes live for her third "Quarantined and Ready to Rock" show at 9:00 p.m. EST on YouTube.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,050 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Penfailed wrote: »
    No one is saying that. They can't lock the country down until August...but...there will still be restrictions and these will probably include large gatherings.

Only 1 person's view but apparently large gatherings may not happen within 12 months. I can't see any festivals happening this summer unfortunately. Maybe by Autumn/early next year large gigs will be allowed to happen all going well. Sorry hadn't seen it was already posted above

https://twitter.com/BarryLenihan/status/1248645587022614534

Eod100 wrote: »
    Only 1 person's view but apparently large gatherings may not happen within 12 months. I can't see any festivals happening this summer unfortunately. Maybe by Autumn/early next year large gigs will be allowed to happen all going well. Sorry hadn't seen it was already posted above

https://twitter.com/BarryLenihan/status/1248645587022614534

Hope this is not the case and just a quick guess by this 'expert'

Would be very damaging for the economy

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

It would, but it may be a lot more damaging to let them go ahead. The risks are potentially catastrophic. So far the virus hasn't shown much signs of mutation that I have read, so it may not be as bad as people had originally feared, but either way, having a mass gathering after all of this and potentially putting us back to square one without a vaccine would definitely have it's protestors. I would imagine that they would be many.
    There are far too many negatives (for me) to see anything happening this side of October, and possibly Christmas. :(

I think naturally large gatherings will be the last thing to be allowed. Will probably be staggered return of construction and certain office jobs say, then pubs and restaurants then small gigs, medium ones etc. But GAA matches draw huge crowds so only concert comparison is huge outdoor gigs or festivals.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

Suckit wrote: »
    It would, but it may be a lot more damaging to let them go ahead. The risks are potentially catastrophic. So far the virus hasn't shown much signs of mutation that I have read, so it may not be as bad as people had originally feared, but either way, having a mass gathering after all of this and potentially putting us back to square one without a vaccine would definitely have it's protestors. I would imagine that they would be many.
    There are far too many negatives (for me) to see anything happening this side of October, and possibly Christmas. :(

Agreed. There are a few people in here whose attitude seems to be that the worst thing to come out of this whole thing is that they won't have any gigs this year. And they'll deny it now but frankly **** gigs for the moment. There are more important things to take care of.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭DarMul17

Pearl Jam have rescheduled all dates for next summer. Disappointed since I have Berlin and London tickets. Was shaping up to be a great holiday seeing Thom Yorke, Pearl Jam twice, Bjork and Beck over a two and half week period. But, that is the least of our worries right now, worried about this virus and the IMF saying this could be a depression.

Advertisement