Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How to raise a planning "objection"?

• 29-04-2019 10:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭

Planning has been applied for a new development of a number of houses near me. This will be a continuation of a development that is currently in progress.

I have no objection to the houses or their location or anything like that, but I'm wondering how to go about making some suggestions to the people who grant planning about putting conditions on the site?

The kind of thing I have in mind doesn't impact the actual building, but I'd like there to be some condition that the site works should have a proper way of disposing of things like coffee cups/sandwich wrappers etc. It seems at the moment they just throw them in with random site rubble, and of course they just blow all over the place. While the current site foreman is very pleasant, everything gets brushed off with "I'll have a word with the lads", rather than actually arranging proper bins.

Do you just write a letter to the planning department, referencing application number xyz, and listing conditions for consideration, or is there a format you need to follow as a member of the public?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Planners or planning conditions can not enforce good house keeping on site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭Metric Tensor

That's really the litter warden you need to talk to OP. The only problem is that I'd say this would rank fairly low down the list compared to the extensive fly tipping and bags of domestic waste that most of the litter wardens day is taken up with - so they might not act on it too quickly.

Advertisement