Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

City Centre to Ballinlough Road - walkable?

Options
  • 30-04-2019 11:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭

How long would it take to walk from City Centre (Bus Station) to Ballinlough Road?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭johnayo

craoltoir wrote: »
    How long would it take to walk from City Centre (Bus Station) to Ballinlough Road?

Ballinlough rd is a long road so it would depend which end. The City end would take 20 to 30mins give or take.

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭craoltoir

Thanks. Destination would be the Church of Our Lady of Lourdes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭johnayo

craoltoir wrote: »
    Thanks. Destination would be the Church of Our Lady of Lourdes.

Thats close enough to the City end. So I would say around 30mins

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭Iscreamkone

Google maps says 3.2 km - 41 minutes. That's a very leisurely pace imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

Google maps says 3.2 km - 41 minutes. That's a very leisurely pace imo.

Yeah, very leisurely. I often walk from work (Douglas village) to the city centre (near bus station) via a route right past that church, and the full journey takes me 50 mins at most. The church is about half-way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭cantalach

Tell Google Maps you're walking and it will show you a very direct route via Victoria Ave which is only 2.0km long. It estimates 26 minutes which might be true if you have to use a zimmerframe.

https://maps.app.goo.gl/6K8oM783f6kQGowc9

Advertisement