Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CSPE Action Project Write Up - Can they take it home?

Options
  • 30-04-2019 12:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭

I know it's definitely far from ideal but can a student take the Action Project booklet home with them to write it up?

I have a student who has basically missed the last month of school. She completed her Action Project last year so all she needs to do is copy it across to the official booklet. Can I let her bring it home with her? She's a great kid and I'd totally trust her to do so, but am I putting myself in a bad position by allowing her to do so? A teacher in a previous school told me that it's not allowed at all.

All advice appreciated. It's due on Friday.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,222 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

You will be the one signing the P2 form to say it is all their own work. I suppose if they are just transferring a draft (which you have seen) into the final booklet it would be OK.

Could she stay behind a couple days so you could be sure she did it on her own?

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Tommo3434343

Yeah, there's more than a few kids that I wouldn't feel comfortable allowing to bring it home but I'd trust this kid to take it home. Especially considering the fact that I've seen her completed work and she's just transferring it.

I was just worried about if it's actually against the rules or not. Does anyone know if that's the case?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Just tell them you will need to confirm that it is the same as the draft so that you can sign off on it has their own work when you get it back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Photocopy the draft and tell them you'll be comparing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,476 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Make sure you have spare booklets as one or two are definitely going to loose it, despite their promises. Then you will blamed for letting them take it home.

All Eyes On Rafah

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,241 ✭✭✭bobbyss

Make sure you have spare booklets as one or two are definitely going to loose it, despite their promises. Then you will blamed for letting them take it home.

And a second to that. I wouldn't in a million years let them take it home. It's enough trouble and stress getting them to engage with it in the first place. May 3 is the closing date I believe. If they didn't bring it back, then as you say the blame game begins.

In the event of it being lost, what to do re the ... deadline on Friday? Aren't they to be put in those blue envelopes and taped up in the event of an inspector calling by. Some of my students haven't finished theirs and have no intention of doing so either. They've got their eyes on the exit doors at this stage.

As regards the actual exam itself, has there ever been a more disheartening one? The last section is quite impossible for a weak reader. When going over past papers the heart just sinks.

Did I read something somewhere that no further RAPs would be issued to schools after a certain date?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,222 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

bobbyss wrote:
    As regards the actual exam itself, has there ever been a more disheartening one? The last section is quite impossible for a weak reader. When going over past papers the heart just sinks.

The joys of common level exams, soon to spread to other subjects.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,476 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

spurious wrote: »
    The joys of common level exams, soon to spread to other subjects.

Yay! Race to the bottom. Which subject wins first :(

All Eyes On Rafah

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭derb12

bobbyss wrote: »
    Did I read something somewhere that no further RAPs would be issued to schools after a certain date?
    Yes, the cover letter said that there would be no more issued after a date in dec or Jan. I read that and emailed them for some extra copies about 2 weeks ago. The extra copies arrived the next day.

Advertisement