Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cpa - Concessionary Exam Sittings

• 30-04-2019 1:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,
    I was just wondering if anybody knows much information regarding the CPA concessionary sittings?
    Are applicants usually granted the sitting?
    Is it possible to have multiple concessionary sittings? (i.e April and August)

I’ve heard that they usually are granted and it is possible to sit them more than once? It seems very unfair to just have a two year period to pass a particular diet.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 339 ✭✭frankythefish

firstly, they cost money. secondly, i have indeed heard of people having multiple. thirdly, you won't just get one, you ll have to provide reasoning for one. one of my colleagues got a concessionary sitting. he had to get his boss to write and sign a letter for the attention of the institute stating he had issues in his life that hindered him etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Istabaq

Oh yes I’m aware they are not just handed out, only for exceptional circumstances as you outlined. Just think it is unfair having just two years to pass difficult areas such as P1 and P2.
    Thanks for your reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 tig123

Just a quick questioin re the concessionary sittings... if you havent sat the Aug. exams due to an injury and are granted a concessionary exam how long do you think it will be before they are scheduled? is it quickly or will I be waiting months thanks for the help in advance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 339 ✭✭frankythefish

tig123 wrote: »
    Just a quick questioin re the concessionary sittings... if you havent sat the Aug. exams due to an injury and are granted a concessionary exam how long do you think it will be before they are scheduled? is it quickly or will I be waiting months thanks for the help in advance
    Exams are only ever twice a year. You ll sit next in april/may

Advertisement