Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Biker.ie

Options
  • 30-04-2019 1:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Anyone having trouble registering on biker.ie. Trying set up an account but seems to be down?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭mamax

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Rafal

AidanKP1 wrote: »
    Anyone having trouble registering on biker.ie. Trying set up an account but seems to be down?

Newcomers are not welcome to biker.ie. I have tried contacting several times over the year, only to realise the owner of the site just does not want new members—member growth is in single digits annually, and is controlled by the admin. There is no open way to join. I think that that approach is wrong.

And that is before you stumble on questionable posts, homophobic remarks, or insecure/juvenile jokes which clearly amuse some. Pity, as there is some good and helpful content there, but no way to be a constructive part of it. But also pity for biker.ie as there is also a lot of misinformation there that could have been easily corrected. Shame that a good domain name misleads and wastes.

You will find a few threads here about it, just scroll a bit down...

• Registered Users Posts: 2 AidanKP1

Rafal wrote: »
    Newcomers are not welcome to biker.ie. I have tried contacting several times over the year, only to realise the owner of the site just does not want new members—member growth is in single digits annually, and is controlled by the admin. There is no open way to join. I think that that approach is wrong.

And that is before you stumble on questionable posts, homophobic remarks, or insecure/juvenile jokes which clearly amuse some. Pity, as there is some good and helpful content there, but no way to be a constructive part of it. But also pity for biker.ie as there is also a lot of misinformation there that could have been easily corrected. Shame that a good domain name misleads and wastes.

Thats what i was thinking but wasnt too sure. Bit of a shame. I was just looking for some build threads where i could read people working on there bikes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Rafal wrote: »

And that is before you stumble on questionable posts, homophobic remarks, or insecure/juvenile jokes which clearly amuse some
    . Pity, as there is some good and helpful content there, but no way to be a constructive part of it. But also pity for biker.ie as there is also a lot of misinformation there that could have been easily corrected. Shame that a good domain name misleads and wastes.

Probably not the place for you then....;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭D3V!L

Their circle of jerk is complete. It's just awkward introducing a new set of unfamiliar hands :P

• Advertisement
Advertisement