Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Acid attacks on young lads in Earls Court

Options
  • 30-04-2019 1:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭

I feel absolutely sick to my stomach having seen the pictures in the media of the young lad who had acid/chemicals thrown in his face, and the injuries to his friends, last Thursday night.
    This is outrageous and I hope the DPP and the courts, when the perps come before them, deal with this with maximum seriousness, juveniles or otherwise.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,356 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I feel absolutely sick to my stomach having seen the pictures in the media of the young lad who had acid/chemicals thrown in his face, and the injuries to his friends, last Thursday night.
    This is outrageous and I hope the DPP and the courts, when the perps come before them, deal with this with maximum seriousness, juveniles or otherwise.

yeah terrible incident and hopefully full recovery too all those injured

The perps will prob get a low sentence with the usual factors thrown in
    Bad education/bad upbringing
    Mental issues
    Depression
    Substance issues
    ADHD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Maybe best not leave this open, bearing in mind arrests have been made and a file for the DPP has been sent for consideration.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭thomasm

WLR This morning said two of the attackers were wearing 'Scream' masks. That says premeditated to me.

Sickeningly also according to WLR the doctors took 19 hours to clean off the acid and every time they went to wash it away the substance start reacting and burned him more !!

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Dunmoreroader

not naming names (don't know) nor expressing prejudicial opinions - only expressing horror and outrage that this has happened anywhere but particularly as it has happened here in Waterford.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Sure but someone might start throwing hearsay about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,387 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

PTH2009 wrote:
    The perps will prob get a low sentence with the usual factors thrown in Bad education/bad upbringing Mental issues Depression Substance issues ADHD

You d be correct with some of these issues, but sadly, we re very badly setup to try deal with these issues, so people continuously keep falling through the cracks, and are only dealt with, if even that, when they end up in the judicial system. Dreadful incident by the way, wish the family the best.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

There is much more to this story that what’s been reported in the media.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

They're getting really serious in England regarding sentencing for this type of thing. Wonder if the judge (hopefully this goes to court) will send a message or will we have to wait until it happens several times before proper long term jail time is handed down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Aquos76 wrote: »
    There is much more to this story that what’s been reported in the media.

Like?,without giving to much info of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Time to bring back the death penalty. Psychopaths are the biggest danger to people and the planet and need to be eradicated. That's 1% of the male population. An action like this is the action of a psychopath. The same group responsible for most rapes and murders as well.

To intentionally scar, both physically and mentally, an innocent person for life is about as low as you can go. Death penalty for all involved and well deserved. Scum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

BloodBath wrote: »
    Time to bring back the death penalty. Psychopaths are the biggest danger to people and the planet and need to be eradicated. That's 1% of the male population. An action like this is the action of a psychopath. The same group responsible for most rapes and murders as well.

To intentionally scar, both physically and mentally, an innocent person for life is about as low as you can go. Death penalty for all involved and well deserved. Scum.
    Should happen, but wont happen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Attackers were Of a certain peaceful faith

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Attackers were Of a certain peaceful faith

Buddhists?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Buddhists?

A mixture of Amish and Catholics Id say but full disclosure, I have an agenda against Catholics, similar to our poster before you moose.it all went wrong with the moving statues.
    But like ultimate idiot above, I'm basing my assumptions on nowt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

I'm stated a fact. Facts don't have agendas

Sure thing, shouldnt you be at a torch lit march or something

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Any proof of that or you just regurgitating Facebook comments?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

thomasm wrote: »
    WLR This morning said two of the attackers were wearing 'Scream' masks. That says premeditated to me.

Sickeningly also according to WLR the doctors took 19 hours to clean off the acid and every time they went to wash it away the substance start reacting and burned him more !!

I heard this too this morning and can't understand it. If they were using water to wash it then that's very possible that it continued to react and burn but if they had used diphoterine which is used to neutralise acids and bases then I can't see how it could have continued to react. This is used in labs by pharma companies and in colleges. Surely the burns unit were using something to neutralise it? Maybe UHW can't afford it 🙄

• Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭Nikki Sixx

Did the victims know their attackers?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭NickNickleby

Nikki Sixx wrote: »

my first thought was that the perpetrators might be known to the victims, not to suggest a motive, but rather, young lads usually know who's who, and who to steer clear of. After all, someone must have given names to the garda.

• Advertisement

Nikki Sixx wrote: »

Yes they did, all were known to each other

• Registered Users Posts: 13,826 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

From talking to a local, seems it is a cultural diversity incident.

Danzy wrote: »
    From talking to a local, seems it is a cultural diversity incident.

Must be gold then...give me a break

• Registered Users Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭lassykk

From reading what's in the papers it was a case of mistaken identity after the scum who did this had a row with a different teenager during the day and then came back with acid and targeted the wrong kid.

What sort of argument could you have with someone to think you know what I'll go home and get some acid to sort this. Where would they even come by it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭Nikki Sixx

lassykk wrote: »
    From reading what's in the papers it was a case of mistaken identity after the scum who did this had a row with a different teenager during the day and then came back with acid and targeted the wrong kid.

What sort of argument could you have with someone to think you know what I'll go home and get some acid to sort this. Where would they even come by it?

Yeah the teenagers attacked sound like promising sports stars, so something doesn’t add up.

Lads, this has nothing to do with culture or racism

• Registered Users Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭NickNickleby

Sounds like some decent lads were targetted by skangers, simply because they ARE decent lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,826 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Aquos76 wrote: »

Values, derived from a cultural outlook.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,550 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Danzy wrote: »
    Values, derived from a cultural outlook.

What the F are you on about?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

Aquos76 wrote:

do you want to tell us what actually happened so instead of telling us that you know?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement