Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disconnecting old alarm

Options
  • 30-04-2019 2:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭

I'm sure this has been asked before but I just want to double check. I recently bought a second hand house that has an Airtech CS350 installed. I don't have the pin code. We installed a separate wireless system but the old alarm is still connected, just not used. I want to completely disconnect this system as I want to remove the external siren and install a wireless one in it's place.

My understanding is that when I open the panel in the hot press the tamper release will set the alarm off. I can then remove the battery and disconnect the mains to the panel, cutting power. Will this completely cut power to wired sensors etc.? Is there a secondary battery somewhere that will keep the system going or will the external siren be separately connected to the mains and keep ringing? And finally once the panel is disconnected from the mains, will the wires going to sensors be safe to cut etc? I mean in the sense that they will not be connected to any source of electricity.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Hi. Once you disconnect the mails power & the battery from the panel the external bell will activate on its own battery. Depending on the type of external bell this will stop after a period of time.
    After that the system is completely powered down & you can disconnect the bells/sensors safely without further activations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭MarioLuigi

Thank you very much. I actually have since found the pin code, is there anything I can do differently to switch it off or stop the siren going off?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

The only way to stop the external siren going off would be get up to it and disconnect the battery.

Advertisement