Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neighbour burning rubbish in their range

• 30-04-2019 3:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭

So, what do fellow boardsies in Donegal do about neighbours who regularly burn their rubbish? Speak to them, say nothing, or tout them to the Council?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

How do you know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Lord Glentoran

Car99 wrote: »
    How do you know?

Well unless there’s a new home fuel based on plastic packaging they must be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,751 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I'd say it's not uncommon tbh.

Especially when you have a lot of folk with closed stoves in their living room, and when there's a charge to empty your bins.

I know a few people in the past who told me they burned everything!

NIMAN wrote: »
    I'd say it's not uncommon tbh.

Especially when you have a lot of folk with closed stoves in their living room, and when there's a charge to empty your bins.

I know a few people in the past who told me they burned everything!

It’s great craic until you have to care for an elderly parent with respiratory issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,751 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I hear you. I wasn't condoning it.

If it's having a serious effect, then maybe you need to talk to your neighbours and express your concerns.

And take it from there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Report them. No excuse for that crap in this day and age.

NIMAN wrote: »
    I hear you. I wasn't condoning it.

If it's having a serious effect, then maybe you need to talk to your neighbours and express your concerns.

And take it from there.

Indeed. Just sounding out what fellow folk think. No way would I report them - I have to live here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Fracture

It's weird that they are going to the trouble of burning it, i just flush it down the toilet.

Advertisement