Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stokke Sleepi worth it? Second hand options?

Options
  • 30-04-2019 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭

Hi Folks, just looking for opinions on the Stokke sleepi. Obviously it's expensive so i'm sure i could pick one up "as new" for a fraction of the pirce. Are there any decent facebook groups where parents are offload the like of these items?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

It's lovely but I wouldn't buy it new tbh, because we ended up using a cosleeper and bedsharing for the first six months, something I never thought we'd do before baby arrived. I'd keep an eye out on Facebook marketplace, DoneDeal etc if you have your heart set on it. A 50 quid Ikea cot did the job for our three children though. You'll need a new mattress no matter what, so factor that into the price as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Peppery

The point of the stokke cot, as with most of the brand’s products, is aesthetic I presume? It’ll look nice in the nursery! However, have to echo the above poster, a cosleeper is best bet for first 6 months. I bought a crib before my baby was born and at about 3am when she was 2 weeks old I bought the Snuzpod online. Best money I spent (along with my ergo baby). It made such a difference to not have to get out of bed to pick the baby up, comfort her, feed her etc I am breastfeeding so absolutely vital!! Even with the cosleeper I end up with her in the bed by the early hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Elaine Partridge

We bought the Stokke Sleepi second hand on adverts.ie for our baby over 2 years ago and we love it. It included the small 0-6 months size (the mini) and also the extension pieces to extend it to the 6 months to 3+ years size. We bought new mattresses for both sizes in the sales.

Our daughter loves it and still happily sleeps in it at 2 and a quarter years old. She often scoots over to the bars and curls herself around the curve. Doesn't look comfortable to me but she's happy! The small size was brilliant when she was little too. She was born via c-section, so I could just wheel her in it around the house, rather than carrying a Moses basket around the place. (this obviously only works if you live in a bungalow or apartment). I could also wheel the cot right up beside my bed when she was a newborn and reach over and take her out for feeds. It helped when we moved her into her own room and the bigger version that it was all very familiar to her, she even still had her canopy.

In fact, when she's ready to move into a toddler bed in the future, we're thinking of just getting the junior base and mattress and converting it again.

It's definitely worth getting secondhand, there are lots of them out there in perfect condition, they wear really well.

Advertisement