Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

J1 Visa Passport Return

Options
  • 30-04-2019 4:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭

I got my Visa approved at the embassy on Monday morning, and they claim the passport takes up to 5 working days to be available for return to me. She also said it could be as early as possibly Wednesday or Thursday when I get it back.

Does anyone any info on standard times before passport is returned? I'm freaking out a bit because I have a flight on Tuesday morning next week (unrelated to my J1) and I'm nervous I won't get my passport back in time. My fault etc etc for scheduling the appointment at a horrible time.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭ReturningForY

When I got my last US visa it was ready to collect in 2 or 3 working days ... but it can certainly take longer so you'll probably just have to wait until Tuesday to see if you have it.

I'm not sure if it's relevant to your current situation, but if your other flight is to a EU country then the Irish Passport Card is great in this scenario. Last time my passport was in the US Embassy I was still able to visit a friend in Zurich :)

Advertisement