Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No provisional closing date in Sales advice letter

Options
  • 30-04-2019 5:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hello
    We are sale agreed on a house that we are going to buy and the sales advice notice went out to solicitors today. However, there is no provisional closing date listed in the letter. Am I incorrect in thinking that such a date is standard in the advice letter?

The last thing we want to get into is a protracted purchase situation where the sellers are dragging their feet.

Should I insist the EA reissue the sales letter with a provisional closing date included?

TIA for any advice.....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Baby01032012

Absolutely no.

Sales agreed or advice notice is simply that. It’s just a receipt for booking deposit paid to the agent. It’s worth nothing.

It’s the solicitor who will advice you on time to closing however no one is going to put it in writing. It could be anything from 8 weeks to 8 months dependent on so many variable.

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Dolbhad

Absolutely no.

Sales agreed or advice notice is simply that. It’s just a receipt for booking deposit paid to the agent. It’s worth nothing.

It’s the solicitor who will advice you on time to closing however no one is going to put it in writing. It could be anything from 8 weeks to 8 months dependent on so many variable.

Exactly you can’t know a closing date until contracts are issued. At that stage your solicitor would say they have everything with contracts or they are missing documents requested.

I would check now with auctioneer the sellers situation. Is the house empty? If not, have they a place to go? Are they buying another house?? From boards it seems biggest delays are sellers aren’t ready to move or your solicitor is waiting on paperwork.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 fourrier

Thank you both for the input.

I will contact the EA and see if she knows when they are intending to move. I know they were "hoping to go sale agreed" on another place, but never found out if they have or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Dolbhad

fourrier wrote: »
    Thank you both for the input.

I will contact the EA and see if she knows when they are intending to move. I know they were "hoping to go sale agreed" on another place, but never found out if they have or not.

Get as much detail as you can. You sign contracts first as purchasers. I assume in this climate, they won’t sign contracts to buy their house until they have contracts from you signed. So you want to know how far into the process are they. Have contacts issued etc on their purchase? Have they a rough timeline of their purchase? They may be very organised and need a quick sale to buy the other house or pay slow it down to line up the sale and purchase together.

I was looking at a second hand house. Sellers were buying another house. Had gone sale agreed with them and they had gone sale agreed on their new house. But had never gone about getting approval from the bank. Auctioneer said they assumed no issue as thought the system was the same as when they bought in the boom. They didn’t know about the 20% or 3.5 your salary. Banks turned them down as couldn’t provide 6 months of savings etc. Wished I had enquired more about the status at the start cause I felt like they wasted my time and the other sellers time as they didn’t even go about financing.

Advertisement