Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Volcano wings restaurant

• 30-04-2019 5:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone been and if so, is it doing well?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭ABEasy

Thinking of buying it?

Massively overrated. Your local Centra/Spar/Mace has better chicken at the deli for half the price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

ABEasy wrote: »
    Thinking of buying it?

Yes actually

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    Yes actually

Don't. It'll only end in tears

Don't. It'll only end in tears

You think?

• Advertisement

You think?

I think so, yes.

I think so, yes.

Actually I've only heard it's for sale, have you a general aversion to commercial property or just a dislike for that particular location? , it's certainly not a posh part of town, I tried to buy the neighbouring unit ( cassanova pizza place) four years ago but the banks acting for the receiver would not sign off, it sold a year later at auction for 5k less than I offered

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

(a)Are you really suggesting that you would purchase a property/business based on you asking the people on an anonymous forum if it seems busy ?????

(b)Or are you simply taking the p!ss because somebody asked you a smartass question ?

BTW I'm going with (b) ;)

Oh, and it's Casa Nova Pizza (not cassanova) but you probably found that out while doing the auld due diligence.

mgbgt1978 wrote: »
    (a)Are you really suggesting that you would purchase a property/business based on you asking the people on an anonymous forum if it seems busy ?????

(b)Or are you simply taking the p!ss because somebody asked you a smartass question ?

BTW I'm going with (b) ;)

Oh, and it's Casa Nova Pizza (not cassanova) but you probably found that out while doing the auld due diligence.

Thanks a million, feeling very embarrassed now for having gotten the name of a pizza joint slightly wrong, good of you to correct me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

Ah, you're grand. Wouldn't want you signing on the dotted line for entirely the wrong Business

And you don't need to copy and paste the post you're replying to when you're the next poster......it just fills up the Internet.

....and it's (b), isn't it :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Arrival

Usually busy/full any time I've gone in there and last couple of times it was packed to the point that if it's frequently like that then they need to either move to a bigger location or open a second place because it's just annoying and makes people want to go somewhere else, also unfair on the girl working the till who was under way too much pressure, seriously felt sorry for her and hope she's on more than minimum wage to put up with that. The vacant Asian food place on Bedford Row or beside Apache Pizza on Henry Street would be ideal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Arrival wrote: »
    Usually busy/full any time I've gone in there and last couple of times it was packed to the point that if it's frequently like that then they need to either move to a bigger location or open a second place because it's just annoying and makes people want to go somewhere else, also unfair on the girl working the till who was under way too much pressure, seriously felt sorry for her and hope she's on more than minimum wage to put up with that. The vacant Asian food place on Bedford Rowor beside Apache Pizza on Henry Street would be ideal

There’s a new restaurant opening there soon. Already has a branch in Cork.

mgbgt1978 wrote: »
    Ah, you're grand. Wouldn't want you signing on the dotted line for entirely the wrong Business

And you don't need to copy and paste the post you're replying to when you're the next poster......it just fills up the Internet.

....and it's (b), isn't it :D

B is also for b0ll0cks

Actually I've only heard it's for sale, have you a general aversion to commercial property or just a dislike for that particular location? , it's certainly not a posh part of town, I tried to buy the neighbouring unit ( cassanova pizza place) four years ago but the banks acting for the receiver would not sign off, it sold a year later at auction for 5k less than I offered

I am merely commenting on the chicken. Nothing else

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

There’s a new restaurant opening there soon. Already has a branch in Cork.

I was in it last week and it was rubbish.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

mod note: keep it civil pls and thanks

I am merely commenting on the chicken. Nothing else

Right, so your comment " it will only end in tears" was a warning about tucking into the menu?

Did the yellow lemon unit sell? imo that is a better unit. Wouldn't be mad about buying that area of town tbh, not many of the restaurants/take aways last long there.

Edit: plus if volcano wings are doing well they'd likely be bidding for it, if that were the case and you won it could sour relations.

Right, so your comment " it will only end in tears" was a warning about tucking into the menu?

Yup. You asked a question and I answered. Clearly it wasn't the answer you wanted but sure.

Yup. You asked a question and I answered. Clearly it wasn't the answer you wanted but sure.

Not at all, good to know if I buy, I shouldn't also eat there everyday

• Advertisement

Did the yellow lemon unit sell? imo that is a better unit. Wouldn't be mad about buying that area of town tbh, not many of the restaurants/take aways last long there.

Edit: plus if volcano wings are doing well they'd likely be bidding for it, if that were the case and you won it could sour relations.

" sour relations" with?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭Cpt_Blackbeard

Massively overrated. Your local Centra/Spar/Mace has better chicken at the deli for half the price.

Complete nonsense tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Phileas Frog

There's an awful lot of begrudgers in this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,926 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Arrival wrote: »
    Usually busy/full any time I've gone in there and last couple of times it was packed to the point that if it's frequently like that then they need to either move to a bigger location or open a second place because it's just annoying and makes people want to go somewhere else, also unfair on the girl working the till who was under way too much pressure, seriously felt sorry for her and hope she's on more than minimum wage to put up with that. The vacant Asian food place on Bedford Row or beside Apache Pizza on Henry Street would be ideal

Same as Arrival that majority of the time I've passed Volcano it's usually busy and there's been a few times I've gone in and the place was packed out.

" sour relations" with?

If you out bid the tenant they may take it badly & could sour relations with your future tenant.

If you out bid the tenant they may take it badly & could sour relations with your future tenant.

Is the tenant interested in buying?

Seems odd that they signed a ten year lease in 2017 if they wish to buy?

Is the tenant interested in buying?

Seems odd that they signed a ten year lease in 2017 if they wish to buy?

The premises was not for sale in 2017 but you know what, if you are interested maybe you should just ask them instead of random people on an internet forum.

The premises was not for sale in 2017 but you know what, if you are interested maybe you should just ask them instead of random people on an internet forum.

How do you know it wasn't for sale in 2017? , it's a receivership sale, upon signing the lease, the tenant would have been aware that the landlord was either a bank or receiver so it's not a stretch to imagine were they indeed interested in buying, they would have!, less than eighteen months ago

It takes more than eighteen months for a person to loose
    their property and for the receiver to ready it for sale, the reality is most traders do not chose to own the property they operate out of

I might perhaps ask them if they are interested but they would be wise to tell me to bugger off, I could be a spy for the auction house for all they know

Stop being a ghowlbag

• Advertisement

Stop being a ghowlbag

Just pointing out your flawed analysis

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement