Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile Breakage Charge Error

Options
  • 30-04-2019 6:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I had a 18 month bill pay contract with eir finished in December 2018. I left the company giving 30 day notice once my contract expired and finished up March 2019. Now on final bill I have been charged a breakage charge even though I did everything by the book. I contacted eir and they said my contract was 24 months and that's what their system says. I shared my contract and they still said my contract was 24mths and I have to pay! What can I do I'm not getting anywhere and in the meantime I have a bad credit because of them!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Make a formal complaint to ccm@eir.ie with all the details.
    If (when) they haven't responded within 10 working days, contact Comreg who will prompt Eir to deal with your complaint.

https://www.boards.ie/ttfpost/109349389

AFAIK, utility company bills can't affect credit history for loans or mortgages.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 coco pops

Thank you so much for your help.
    I'm delighted it doesn't effect credit history that was my big worry.
    I will follow your advice.

Advertisement