Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fae 2018/2019

• 30-04-2019 9:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I'm not working in practice and during classes I see everyone else with pack of notes. Are these really necessary...starting to panic now.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 325 ✭✭tanit

I'm not working in practice and during classes I see everyone else with pack of notes. Are these really necessary...starting to panic now.

The notes you talk about could be notes they are preparing in advance of the exams in August or the slides for the lectures they are attending.

By now you should have gone through 2 interim assessments and you should have had notes for them, just prepare notes that would help you during the exam in August keeping in mind that the shorter and more concise they are the better as you are not going to have a lot of time to check them. At the end of the day you need to know the stuff before you go to the exam and the notes are suppose to help you confirm the small details such as Sections in Tax, IFRSs and ISAs, conditions for them, templates for calculations to make sure you are doing calculations properly, how to lay out the answer, etc.

It's very personal the type of notes you use, give it a try with the kind of notes you use to study and try practicing exams and cases with them and how helpful they are. You will see people going to the exam with suitcases full of books, big folders, etc. It's very personal do what it works for you, don't try to copy others just for the sake of it

I hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Rosierocks88

tanit wrote: »
    The notes you talk about could be notes they are preparing in advance of the exams in August or the slides for the lectures they are attending.

By now you should have gone through 2 interim assessments and you should have had notes for them, just prepare notes that would help you during the exam in August keeping in mind that the shorter and more concise they are the better as you are not going to have a lot of time to check them. At the end of the day you need to know the stuff before you go to the exam and the notes are suppose to help you confirm the small details such as Sections in Tax, IFRSs and ISAs, conditions for them, templates for calculations to make sure you are doing calculations properly, how to lay out the answer, etc.

It's very personal the type of notes you use, give it a try with the kind of notes you use to study and try practicing exams and cases with them and how helpful they are. You will see people going to the exam with suitcases full of books, big folders, etc. It's very personal do what it works for you, don't try to copy others just for the sake of it

I hope this helps

Thanks very much it does help clarify things

Advertisement