Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Landlord selling

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

Woshy wrote: »
    I always find these threads strange. As a landlord about to put my property on the market I wouldn't dream of asking my tenants to allow viewings/visits by estate agents etc. I've arranged to meet the EA a few days after the last day of their tenancy.

For starters I feel bad enough they are likely scrambling to find a new property and are stressed as it is - asking if people can look around what is still technically their home is like a slap in the face. Secondly I would rather people be viewing a vacant property that I have had time to check over and make sure is in proper condition etc.

As a landlord I wouldn't expect it of someone and if I were a tenant I wouldn't be keen on allowing it.

That is your choice if that is what you choose to do. There are enough laws been dreamed up by government now without adding its a forbidden to have viewing towards the end of a tenancy. It would mean the property taking longer to sell. More cost to the landlord

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭mitresize5

good luck with trying to get a reference off him next time

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭ekimiam

mitresize5 wrote: »
    good luck with trying to get a reference off him next time

next time ? ?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

ekimiam wrote: »
    next time ? ?

Its now common practice to seek references from a tenants last *two* landlords- in recognition of the fact that many landlords are giving tenants glowing references just to get shot of them.

if they dont care this time i doubt they will be asking again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Fian

Woshy wrote: »
    I always find these threads strange. As a landlord about to put my property on the market I wouldn't dream of asking my tenants to allow viewings/visits by estate agents etc. I've arranged to meet the EA a few days after the last day of their tenancy.

For starters I feel bad enough they are likely scrambling to find a new property and are stressed as it is - asking if people can look around what is still technically their home is like a slap in the face. Secondly I would rather people be viewing a vacant property that I have had time to check over and make sure is in proper condition etc.

As a landlord I wouldn't expect it of someone and if I were a tenant I wouldn't be keen on allowing it.

The mortgage must continue to be paid between the termination of the tenancy and the sale, assuming that there remains a mortgage outstanding. This is a cost that most landlords simply cannot afford to wear for any longer than necessary, particularly since generally if the property is being sold it indicates that the landlord needs to liquidate the asset. This is why many landlords are anxious to progress the sale process as quickly as possible and do not want to wait until the tenant has vacated before the property is even shown/viewed.

Fian wrote: »
    The mortgage must continue to be paid between the termination of the tenancy and the sale, assuming that there remains a mortgage outstanding. This is a cost that most landlords simply cannot afford to wear for any longer than necessary, particularly since generally if the property is being sold it indicates that the landlord needs to liquidate the asset. This is why many landlords are anxious to progress the sale process as quickly as possible and do not want to wait until the tenant has vacated before the property is even shown/viewed.[/QUOTE

Tennants might have to take time off work to accomodate the viewings to ensure their property is safe. LL should take their costs into account too.

If LL wants it done quick, offer a carrot .

• Registered Users Posts: 14,523 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

ekimiam wrote: »
    offer a carrot .

Like a good reference?

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭overkill602

lets call it as it is this jerk wants compo

Advertisement