Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help! I have impression material stuck in my throat

• 30-04-2019 9:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi I got an impression for a retainer and I guess I didn't spit probably. I don't remember swallowing it but I still had lots of impression material that was like hard plastic in my mouth after getting the impression done and it feels stuck in my throat like down the path of my tongue. It is quite sore swallowing. How do I dissolve this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Dianthus

What time today did you have the impression taken? It's impossible to " dissolve" impression material generally, even if unset& outside the mouth. It would be unusual to have issues but still, where your throat/airway is concerned, probably best to seek medical advice clinically versus online. & asap. As in, arrange to see a doctor in person tonight. Better safe than sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 9 khlo12313

Dianthus wrote: »
    What time today did you have the impression taken? It's impossible to " dissolve" impression material generally, even if unset& outside the mouth. It would be unusual to have issues but still, where your throat/airway is concerned, probably best to seek medical advice clinically versus online. & asap. As in, arrange to see a doctor in person tonight. Better safe than sorry

I had them done yesterday but I thought it might just have been anxiety giving me a phantom feeling but when it persisted today, I figured, there is definitely something stuck there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Dianthus

You know best yourself, but online is not the right avenue to make diagnoses or assumptions.

Advertisement