Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Land Registry waiting times

Options
  • 01-05-2019 8:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

Hi all,

Does anyone know the waiting times on getting a copy instrument? Also if its possible to speed things up at all?

First time buyers here, currently sleeping on sofas waiting for our house to come through!

Ive heard everything from 3 weeks to 10 weeks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Dolbhad

Hi all,

Does anyone know the waiting times on getting a copy instrument? Also if its possible to speed things up at all?

First time buyers here, currently sleeping on sofas waiting for our house to come through!

Ive heard everything from 3 weeks to 10 weeks.

It seems on boards, people have said their purchasers have been delayed over waiting on instruments fron land registry. There appears to be is a hugh backlog for request for instruments so I say your more on the 6-10 weeks side

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Nordie Durdle

Dolbhad wrote: »
    It seems on boards, people have said their purchasers have been delayed over waiting on instruments fron land registry. There appears to be is a hugh backlog for request for instruments so I say your more on the 6-10 weeks side

It's shocking. On what planet is it acceptable to be waiting more than two months for a copy of a document.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭DubCount

It's shocking. On what planet is it acceptable to be waiting more than two months for a copy of a document.

Nobody thinks its acceptable, but the land registry is a monopoly - you cant go to another provider if you dont like their service. Sadly, I dont think there is anything you can do to speed up the process much. There is no stick you can hit them with. Accepting that they are the way they are is probably the best for your mental wellbeing.

Good luck with the purchase - dont let the Land Registry ruin the excitement !!

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Dolbhad

DubCount wrote: »
    Nobody thinks its acceptable, but the land registry is a monopoly - you cant go to another provider if you dont like their service. Sadly, I dont think there is anything you can do to speed up the process much. There is no stick you can hit them with. Accepting that they are the way they are is probably the best for your mental wellbeing.

Exactly and to be fair - the land registry have documents of every sale of every house every time it’s sold as long as it’s land registry title. And they would have physical copies of the files stored off site. So I would expect it’s not a case of looking on an online system and print off. Someone has to physically get the file and find where it and not for GDRP go through it a redact anything that needs to be redacted. Then post it to solicitor.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Nordie Durdle

DubCount wrote: »

Short of going around to their offices with an actual stick it looks like we're stuck for now.

Thanks, it's tough to see past the current stress but we'll get there!

• Advertisement
Advertisement