Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Golf Society - Esker Hills GC May 18th 11.30am

Options
  • 01-05-2019 11:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭

Esker Hills, Tullamore, Co. Offaly is regarded as one of Ireland's leading inland golf courses. It is a challenging championship golf course where no two holes are remotely alike.

It is noted for its distinct links feel, superb sand-based greens, all-year playability and warm welcome.

"Designing Esker Hills gave me enormous satisfaction, plotting the course through nature's own sand-hills and valleys. Esker Hills is the only inland links type course I know of, which makes golf a pleasure all year round." - Christy O' Connor Jnr.

Esker Hills is home to tour professional Shane Lowry. Shane had a glittering Amateur career at Esker Hills that in 2009 culminated in him making history being the first Amateur golfer to ever win an Irish Open.
    Shane has proudly represented Esker Hills in tournaments throughout the world including the Majors; the British Open, the Masters, the US Open and the US PGA . In 2015 Shane won the World Golf Championship - Bridgestone Invitational title bringing him into the world top 20 golfers.

Next up is - Esker Hills - 18th May 11.30am

The Green Fee for this outing is €40 and I look forward to seeing you all there..

Regards

Benny79

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭benny79

Teamer notices will be sent out shortly

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'm 90% certain i'll make this.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,973 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

benny79 wrote: »
    Teamer notices will be sent out shortly

sent now

unfortunately the stars are not aligning right for me this year, think im out and probably won't be around now till July (jeez I better make that one ehh! :);)

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Young_gunner

Really really hope i can make this, but won't know for another couple of days.

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Golfhead65

Im going to accept on Teamer but I've slim chance of making it coz of a communion but I'm trying to get out of it, I'll take my name off before confirmation of numbers if in fact I won't make it. Might have to arrange an emergency call out to your job Benny !!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭woodyg

looks like an interesting course. some of those par 3's look mad with the massive 2 tier greens :eek:

white tees?

woodyg wrote: »
    looks like an interesting course. some of those par 3's look mad with the massive 2 tier greens :eek:

white tees?

If you leave yourself a downhill putt on Par 4 fourth hole or on par 3 thirteenth hole you could end up in the bunker if your putt is a little pacey..Great course though you will enjoy it but you will be tired after your round

Seve OB wrote: »
    sent now

unfortunately the stars are not aligning right for me this year, think im out and probably won't be around now till July (jeez I better make that one ehh! :);)

Ha.. you better :D

white tees?

I haven't decided yet :D To be fair I played it 3 times I think and always of the whites didnt find it that difficult but there is some stunning holes! I just found it a very entertaining round every time even one of them where I had a mare..

I think Im spoiling you all with all these beautiful courses!! ..lol..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

Golfhead65 wrote:
    If you leave yourself a downhill putt on Par 4 fourth hole or on par 3 thirteenth hole you could end up in the bunker if your putt is a little pacey..Great course though you will enjoy it but you will be tired after your round

I've done this 🙈

• Advertisement

benny79 wrote: »
    I haven't decided yet :D To be fair I played it 3 times I think and always of the whites didnt find it that difficult but there is some stunning holes! I just found it a very entertaining round every time even one of them where I had a mare..

I think Im spoiling you all with all these beautiful courses!! ..lol..

might as well make it white tees for the year? it's been all white tees so far hasn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Macker1

might as well make it white tees for the year? it's been all white tees so far hasn't it?

Catering for the big hitters.........:p:p:p:p:p

Look how long the round took at the last outing playing off the whites :(:(

Benny....... I will remind you nearer the time when you publish the Timesheet but I need to be out in the first group this time as I have something on that evening which I can't miss.

I've never played well at Esker Hills but its a smashing track with some great holes :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Young_gunner

Enjoy, never played Esker Hills but have heard great things, I think you should all play off the white tees, see who's really hitting it out of the middle!

Unfortunately I can't make this one.

Don't worry Macker I go through the thread when doing the timesheet to see who wants to go out early or late :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭newindublin

I though I was in the clear to attend this one but something has come up and its a 50/50 at this point. :(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

First group for me as well please? I've a communion to go to at 11:00 am!!!! :)

As for colour of tee boxes, they might inisit we play the forward tees but i'd play the back ones, not blues though!!

charlieIRL wrote: »
    First group for me as well please? I've a communion to go to at 11:00 am!!!! :)

As for colour of tee boxes, they might inisit we play the forward tees but i'd play the back ones, not blues though!!

Sure it be an Irish communion :D

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭doublecross

This is a great course that puts a lot of pressure on the tee shot. I don't think there's much of a difference between the white and green tees. But as the name suggests this is a very hilly walk which can make it a slow round. I think it was over 5 hours last time due to other society arriving late. Most people get buggies but don't think our society allows them?

This is a great course that puts a lot of pressure on the tee shot. I don't think there's much of a difference between the white and green tees. But as the name suggests this is a very hilly walk which can make it a slow round. I think it was over 5 hours last time due to other society arriving late. Most people get buggies but don't think our society allows them?

Buggies are allowed I believe an might be a good shout for this course as it sounds alot like mecredin

ye won't need buggies, we're all fit and healthy.

• Advertisement

charlieIRL wrote: »
    ye won't need buggies, we're all fit and healthy.

Bring a defib just in case it's needed lol

Buggies aren't allowed in the society. Sorry folks I don't make the rules.. plus it's not that bad.. I've played it a few times

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭BigChap1759

Buggies are allowed I believe an might be a good shout for this course as it sounds alot like mecredin

It’s nowhere near the elevation of Macreddin

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,987 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

..and nowhere near the transitions either.....

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭SEORG

Earlier the better for me also please & thanks

Hi all,

Everyone who is down to play next Saturday can you make sure you are a 100% committed over the weekend as final numbers have to be confirmed Monday around lunchtime and if not just unaccept on teamer.

Cheers Folks

See you all next Saturday

Benny79

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Aleynaa

I’m Oreo123 on Teamer. Can I request to be out in the first group or the second at the latest please as I’ve plans in the evening.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I've to withdraw this weekend lads. Really sorry for the shorter notice, but i was away and didn't realise it till this morning. I'll take my name off Teamer in the next few mins.

I’m out as well unfortunately. The soccer team I coach has a Shield final and it’s after being fixed for this Saturday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,533 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Any ideas on warm up facilities either onsite, it close by?

Advertisement