Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tiny negative balance and my credit rating

• 01-05-2019 11:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I am in the process of getting a mortgage and I have an account which I don’t even use anymore. However €4 was being taken out every month as standard charge.

Come January this went into negative. It is now at -€14 from €4 being withdrawn every month. I will lodge €20 today.

I know this is a tiny figure but is there any reason this information would be sent to ICB?

I’ll be honest I am kind of sweating about it as I used this account in the past for a brief spell of gambling more than 6 months ago. I lost interest and completely forgot about it. It’s been pretty much at 0 since, I withdrew my earnings from it. So I really didn’t want this account appearing anywhere as far as anyone was concerned. And please don’t judge it was just silly bets etc and it fizzled out after a while.

Should I be worried?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

Get your free credit check reports and see - I don't think it would have been sent to it for a brief time being overdrawn (it's more about loans, credit cards etc.).

https://www.myrequest.centralcreditregister.ie/

https://secure.icb.ie/cr_personal.jsp?js=true

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭wylo

thanks, tbh its a bit late now as I have everything submitted anyway so there's nothing I can do about it, its really just piece of mind I was looking for. I thought maybe 3/4 months would be considered a while, I never got any letters in relation to it though and there are no loans or anything on it.

I did get a credit report before and I was pretty underwhelmed with what appears on it alright, it was literally just a list of credit union loan repayments, no score, etc.

But really, I just don't want this bank appearing anywhere. At worst if it does get spotted. the last 6 months have nothing on it but some normal shopping POS stuff, but if they ask for more than 6 months I am in trouble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭3DataModem

wylo wrote: »
    thanks, tbh its a bit late now as I have everything submitted anyway so there's nothing I can do about it, its really just piece of mind I was looking for. I thought maybe 3/4 months would be considered a while, I never got any letters in relation to it though and there are no loans or anything on it.

I did get a credit report before and I was pretty underwhelmed with what appears on it alright, it was literally just a list of credit union loan repayments, no score, etc.

But really, I just don't want this bank appearing anywhere. At worst if it does get spotted. the last 6 months have nothing on it but some normal shopping POS stuff, but if they ask for more than 6 months I am in trouble.

Overdrafts due to fees are not treated like normal overdrafts by most banks. I suspect it will not have been reported.

Advertisement