Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Substitute teaching work

Options
  • 01-05-2019 11:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm a qualified French teacher and I'm looking for some subsitute work until the end of the school year. I can't seem to find anywhere that advertises for second level sub teachers.
    Is there a database or website that I can register with?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭cupcake queen

Hi,

I'm a qualified French teacher and I'm looking for some subsitute work until the end of the school year. I can't seem to find anywhere that advertises for second level sub teachers.
    Is there a database or website that I can register with?

You can look at educationposts.ie, though at this late point in the year you might not find schools advertising for casual subs. Ring or better yet call in to local schools with your cv and let them know you are available immediately for casual subbing. Be prepared to row in and take different subjects etc as needs be. At this point in the year schools are just looking to plug staffing gaps in the short term. You might however find proper posts for next Sept starting to be advertised on education posts from June. Also calling to different schools will be a good way to get your name out and make some contacts so that they might think of you if anything comes up in the near future.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭recipesforme

Thanks for the great help Cupcake Queen. I've dropped my cv to a few schools locally today so hopefully something will come of it.
    Also, for anyone who may be reading this in the same position as me, I put my cv on subteacher.ie yesterday and got a text from a school this morning. I thought the site was dormant but it turns out some principals do look at it. In any case it's worth a shot.

Advertisement