Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tax refund without VLC (Logbook)

Options
  • 01-05-2019 1:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭

Hi - I recently got an insurance payout (car rear ended, insurance write off) but I've a question on the Tax Refund form. It states the VLC or Log Book must be supplied when claiming the tax refund. The Log Book went with the car to the Salvage company. Will I be able to get a refund with just the photos of the LogBook?

Thanks in advance.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Isambard

i would guess the Insurance Company, having taken ownership , will be claiming the refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

The car has probably been sold to a breakers, you need to get them to provide you with a cert of destruction and the Tax office will refund you on the basis of that document.

Advertisement