Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insurance claim. How long is too long?

Options
  • 01-05-2019 1:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭

I'll try keep this short and to the point if i can.
    Basically I'm just wondering if my insurance company are taking the mick and not doing their job.
    I was involved in a 4 car crash at the end of October
    Car 1 (who pretty much caused it but will never pay a penny) stopped suddenly joining the n4 because there was traffic to his right, he still had about 200m of slip road left but thought stopping was his best bet.
    Car 2 - Me - managed to stop on time and just shy of his bumper
    Car 3 - Managed to stop on time too but had to veer a little to do so, he had the corner of his bumper sticking out into lane 1
    Car 4 - was in lane 1 and managed to swerve left into the back of car 3 pushing us all into each other.
    In the time i stopped and seen car 3 stop i thought to myself, that was close(more words of a stronger nature were used) then out of no where car 4 came into play.

The weekend it happened my insurance company told me it was pretty clear who was at fault and they would go to car 4's insurance company to for the claim.
    come mid Jan and insurers were still arguing about who's at fault so i claimed off my own insurance to have my car repaired. I was 12 weeks with out my car so had to claim to get it sorted.
    My renewal date is in July so i wasn't too worried about the claim on my policy thinking it would all be sorted by then no I'm losing faith it will be sorted and I'm going to renew my policy with a 4.5k claim on it.
    The latest up date from this morning is they have asked car 3 to accept liability and refused. they have gone between car 3 and 4 a few times and they keep getting the same response. 4 different insurers are involved and car 3 and 4 are refusing to accept 50-50.
    Is it just me getting pi$$ed off with the whole thing or does it seem like my insurers just don't care, it could go weeks with out an update and i only get one when i ring and hound them for one.
    Thankfully before this I've never had to deal with insurers so wondering how long this sort of thing usually takes, having gone from "it will be sorted in a few days" to "we're still waiting to hear back"

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

This might get a more informed response in the Insurance forum?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Moved to insurance forum

Advertisement