Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Patrick Quirke -Guilty

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,894 ✭✭✭monkeybutter

Right, well firstly you might want to calm down a bit we're all only speculating.

My point was this. The tank was open and he needed to get Quirke out near it and may have said "come out here Bobby and help me with...." luring him to his grave.

He'd have been a hell of a man if he killed him, covered the tank with the concrete lid and the bales - all in the space of 10 minutes it took for Bobby's van to drive out of Lowry's? And then drove his van to Bansha Wood and got back to milk his own cows (not noticed by anybody) in Breanshamore all in the space of a couple of hours?

I think it is more than plausible that he had an accomplice. But as I said above, we are all only speculating.

I'm wan't speculating

Now i am

he killed him, and hid him later, who was going to be on the farm, it wasn't in use, he could have driven the van to the bottom of the road

then walked back

i mean when was the van seen at the woods, not that day

it's the madness of the speculation is the issue

As far as we know, he had no accomplice, do you know how hard it would be to rope an third party into a murder like that

someone who worked for you?

madness

upupup wrote: »
    Here's a joke that's going around,I heard it from a neighbour of Quirkes yesterday.
    Mary Lowry had a delay in getting planning permission for her new Bungalow.
    She wanted 2 septic tanks:D

i don't get it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

the body is near the house

i mean you'd get them out digging the place up with JCBs with that kinda info

seriously

You really wouldn't. Ludicrous thinking. Imagine going to the guards with "I heard a rumour he's buried near the house..", I'm sure they'd be right on top of that.

It's as credible as the theories being bandied about here.

givyjoe wrote: »
    You really wouldn't. Ludicrous thinking. Imagine going to the guards with "I heard a rumour he's buried near the house..", I'm sure they'd be right on top of that.

They have dug up bogs because ex cellmates made up stories about where people had put bodies

it depends how you come across the info and how much of a wacko you are

why would a sane person come to them in the first place

That's how they get their frickin tip offs

Thats how missing persons cases get solved

it's not normal for the killer to be stupid enough to show them the body

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,346 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

BENDYBINN wrote: »
    Crazy decision by courts...

What for example if he knew or strongly suspected Mary Lowry committed the crime and hid the body on the farm?.......he would have behaved in exactly the same way as he did.

The evidence has to be considered in context.
    At least try to establish that she had a motive.

think of it like this, i hear it from a, they heard it from b etc

you tell johnny law

he follows it up, asks, a, they either lie or give up b etc

and they find out the real source

it's called police work

that's how they solve things

They have dug up bogs because ex cellmates made up stories about where people had put bodies

it depends how you come across the info and how much of a wacko you are

why would a sane person come to them in the first place

That's how they get their frickin tip offs

Thats how missing persons cases get solved

it's not normal for the killer to be stupid enough to show them the body

Eh, slight difference between an allegation from an ex cellmate to someone about the town who heard rumours.

Side note, what on earth is the craic with the massive spacing in all of your posts?!

Eh, slight difference between an allegation from an ex cellmate to someone about the town who heard rumours.

Side note, what on earth is the craic with the massive spacing in all of your posts?!

not really

Those criminals are upstanding and trustworthy mlawd

it makes it easier for certain posters to follow

I'm wan't speculating

He killed him, and hid him later, who was going to be on the farm, it wasn't in use, he could have driven the van to the bottom of the road

then walked back

Leaving no DNA in the van. One of several details the Prime Time documentary left out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭Stacksofwacks

It looks like Dyslexia. I'm not really thinking there was an accomplice, my only qualms in this case is what Lowry really knew

• Advertisement

they even have a telephone line just for these kinds of tips

no joke

1800 666 111

it's how they do business

https://www.thejournal.ie/patrick-quirke-evidence-4615606-May2019/
    As part of their search gardai also found an A4 sheet which revealed a handwritten note with the words “what the guards will know”.

It contained references, Bowman said, to what Quirke had told gardaí in interview following the discovery of the body including details about Mary Lowry and how it was strange that she couldn’t say how long it took for Bobby Ryan’s car to leave her drive that morning. Also written down were the words “murdered poss in house” and “dispose of clothes \ phone \ any other evidence.”

The bolded part is damning for me. The fact Bobby Ryan was naked I found to be bizarre. Quirke clearly knew he was before he "discovered" the body.

It looks like Dyslexia. I'm not really thinking there was an accomplice, my only qualms in this case is what Lowry really knew

She knows who killed Kennedy

https://www.thejournal.ie/patrick-quirke-evidence-4615606-May2019/

The bolded part is damning for me. The fact Bobby Ryan was naked I found to be bizarre. Quirke clearly knew he was before he "discovered" the body.

its unreal that they basically used a technique you'd see in famous five novel, but updated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,854 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

and you didn't go to the po po?

I know snitches get stitches, but come on

Shur the Gardai had searched the house/farm at this stage. I took it that was just gossip.

its unreal that they basically used a technique you'd see in famous five novel, but updated

Or Scooby Doo ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

not really

Those criminals are upstanding and trustworthy mlawd

it makes it easier for certain posters to follow

Why do you leave so many spaces between each line?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

it's 10 meters away more like

Not according to this article:

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/im-not-talking-to-anyone-mary-lowry-closes-door-on-trial-ordeal-as-locals-try-to-move-on-38074628.html

‘The Bansha property, where she lives with her three sons, is less than 10km from the farmyard in Fawnagowan where the remains of Bobby Ryan were discovered in June 2013.’

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭limnam

I know what you mean..but ive looked up mad **** on the net too...and that particular stuff too....its not enough to send somebody down for a life sentence imo...

How many times have you searched for information relating to a decomposing bodies the day after you were one of the last people to have seen the lad who was found in a slurry pit on the same land you were on when you saw him....

• Advertisement

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/im-not-talking-to-anyone-mary-lowry-closes-door-on-trial-ordeal-as-locals-try-to-move-on-38074628.html

‘The Bansha property, where she lives with her three sons, is less than 10km from the farmyard in Fawnagowan where the remains of Bobby Ryan were discovered in June 2013.’

That's her new house. That's mentioned in that article.
    Bobby Ryan was murdered at her old house/farm.
    D5i0-gCWkAAHxMh?format=png&name=small

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭BENDYBINN

Why do you leave so many spaces between each line?

Imagine if everyone posted in such a stupid manner

Just imagine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

I heard stuff in 2012. I didn't know the people involved.
    There was stuff about the man that died. I don't know of it's true or not so I won't mention it.
    They was a lot of gossip about affairs and people involved it looks like it was true. They also said the body was very close to the house where he was last seen.

I'd be thinking there's loads of theories and stories knocking about. But it'd be very unwise as you say to put them on a public internet forum. Who really knows the full truth though and will it ever come out? Which is why you'd have to have doubts over the safeness of this conviction. The Gardai/ prosecution have one theory and it's been validated so far in court but there maybe others.

If you heard in 2012 that the disappeared man was now a body close to the house, that would put a very different spin on the facts as they 'known'.

The evidence has to be considered in context.
    At least try to establish that she had a motive.

Yes,but it is a possibility......a sex game gone wrong ect ect.....

What?! :eek: What on earth are you basing that on?!

did ya even watch the ground breaking prime time program?

• Advertisement

BarryD2 wrote: »
    I'd be thinking there's loads of theories and stories knocking about. But it'd be very unwise as you say to put them on a public internet forum. Who really knows the full truth though and will it ever come out? Which is why you'd have to have doubts over the safeness of this conviction. The Gardai/ prosecution have one theory and it's been validated so far in court but there maybe others.

If you heard in 2012 that the disappeared man was now a body close to the house, that would put a very different spin on the facts as they 'known'.

There's loads of gossip going around about various missing persons cases tough.
    In this case people just saw a big farm and said he must be buried on it.
    People generally go with the most obvious theory to them and hope it's right.

Shur the Gardai had searched the house/farm at this stage. I took it that was just gossip.

you must be feeling pretty bad, you could have been a hero

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,630 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

Does anyone think of the fear and terror he must have gone through before he was murdered?

As for the general milileu, the murder occurred in all bar the victium sound like lonely unfulfilled people who were looking for something.

it was Larry Murphy that did it Bendy

that's the missing link

mariaalice wrote: »
    Does anyone think of the fear and terror he must have gone through before he was murdered?

As for the general milileu, the murder occurred in all bar the victium sound like lonely unfulfilled people who were looking for something.

id say it was over pretty quick if that's any solace, given the injuries

• Advertisement

Imagine if everyone posted in such a stupid manner

Just imagine

:(:(:(:(:(:(

There's loads of gossip going around about various missing persons cases tough.
    In this case people just saw a big farm and said he must be buried on it.
    People generally go with the most obvious theory to them and hope it's right.

In fairness, again it depends on where you heard it, i mean some people come up with some mad **** right..... ahem right....

it was Larry Murphy that did it Bendy

that's the missing link

The fact is she was the last known person with him

Fact

The fact is she was the last known person with him

Fact

I think that Patrick Quirke and his accomplice (Larry Murphy) were the last people with him

FACTOIDE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

Doesn't look like that on the map.
    Dont let such a trivial inaccuracy come in the way of a good theory.

I think that Patrick Quirke and his accomplice (Larry Murphy) were the last people with him

FACTOIDE

They hid the body in the grassy knoll as they planned the 9/11 attacks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭kerry cow

she was the last person to see bobby ,
    it's her evidence to say he left at 630 ,and that he was later over the cattle grid ,
    she was jealous with him the week before and pestered him to call over on the faithful night ,
    was her DNA in the van ?
    why was her eldest on a sleep over ?
    why did she get a house make over ?
    why was her phone changed ?
    could someone not have prompted pat Q into Google search the the crap he looked at ? and if pat Q had a suspicion of Mary he may have noted pionts of interest in his quest to find bobby ,
    defence team was very weak here , I think Mary should have been focused on more , last person to see bobby and could have a jealously motive ,
    found in a tank in her back yard ,
    why did she keep her affair a secret , pat Q let his doctors know , we wrote a letter stating his position and didn't hid it from the garda,
    did someone flood the tank ?
    did Mary request pat Q to empty the tank before he vacated the land .
    was he set up .
    a good plan is only a good plan if it works ,
    maybe we have be duped ?
    optical allusion

pat Q should have taken the stand and maybe alot of

you said
    I said
    you said
    might have yielded a different result ,

imelda backed him !

kerry cow wrote: »
    it's her evidence to say he left at 630 ,and that he was later over the cattle grid ,
    she was jealous with him the week before and pestered him to call over on the faithful night ,
    was her DNA in the van ?
    could someone not have prompted pat Q into Google search the the crap he looked at ? and if pat Q had a suspicion of Mary he may have noted pionts of interest in his quest to find bobby ,
    defence team was very weak here , I think Mary should have been focused on more , last person to see bobby and could have a jealously motive ,
    why did she keep her affair a secret , pat Q let his doctors know , we wrote a letter stating his position and didn't hid it from the garda,
    was he set up .
    maybe we have be duped ?
    optical allusion

you said
    I said
    you said

imelda backed him !

Pat, did they not take your phone off you when they booked you in?

was her DNA in the van ?
    was he set up .
    maybe we have be duped ?
    optical allusion

you said
    I said
    you said

imelda backed him !
    ]

Sure her DNA would have every reason to be in the van

Kids go on sleep overs, especially when the new BF is sleeping over

Women like new curtains, I mean she moved to an entirely new house, 10k away apparently

There's a good reason you don't have to many murder cases where the woman beats the man to death for a pretty good reason

Has any murder suspect ever taken the stand in his own defense in this country?

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Minnie Snuggles

I would assume that Mary's dna would be in her boyfriends van, after all they did travel together.

I had better not let my children go on any more sleepovers, our house is over 10 years old and we are doing all the rooms up. My dna and fingerprints are in my husbands van too. I had better put a tracking device on my husband to make sure he doesn't go missing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭KikiLaRue

I'm amazed by the number of people who:

- think they know the facts of the case better than the jurors who spent 10 weeks listening and 20 hours deliberating, based on a few articles in the Indo?

- think they understand what circumstantial evidence is better than the jurors who had it explained to them in detail by a trial judge.

This was a well planned murder, and that's why there is no physical evidence.

- The Google searches could - taken alone - be an unfortunate coincidence
    - His obsession with Bobby's girlfriend, his ex-lover, could be an unfortunate coincidence
    - The face that he was one of a handful of people who knew about that tank could be an unfortunate coincidence
    - That he 'found' the body just as his lease was up could be an unfortunate coincidence
    - That he was late to milk the cows that day could be an unfortunate coincidence

That's just off the top of my head, no doubt there's loads more. You could explain away any of them taken alone. But at a certain point, you say 'that's too many coincidences'. And there you have reasonable doubt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,387 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

imelda backed him !

If she didn't the jig was up from the off, if she couldn't stand by him how could a jury, the defense team would likely insisted that be the case.

Feel sorry for the woman the crap she'd been put through over the trials duration all the result of her slimbag husbands infactuation with her dead brothers Mrs which it appeared he wished to pursue after they'd then lost a son.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I just don't understand the thought process behind "Damn, I can't renew the lease. I better go pretend to find the body and hope I survive the scrutiny."

Why didn't he run? Just leave, hope it never gets found, hop on a plane and take a six month holiday in the back-arse of nowhere in case it does get found. What sort of sherlock-wannabe does a person have to be to think they can get away with murder after presenting the body to the police? I know our lot are incompetent as hell but even still. That's beyond hubris.

They hadn't found the body in years. Chances are it would have remained undetected for another while. Why wouldn't a person run? He's got to be a psychopath.

If she didn't the jig was up from the off, if she couldn't stand by him how could a jury, the defense team would likely insisted that be the case.

Feel sorry for the woman the crap she'd been put through over the trials duration all the result of her slimbag husbands infactuation with her dead brothers Mrs which it appeared he wished to pursue after they'd then lost a son.

The fact that he was bangin another woman gave her every reason not to back him......strange behavior on her part.

KikiLaRue wrote: »
    I'm amazed by the number of people who.

I think some people just like to questions things and find love holes and others just like to wind people up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,387 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

The fact that he was bangin another woman gave her every reason not to back him......strange behavior on her part.

Was it was that simple? he was the father of their kids, he had shown to be manipulative and one of strange behaviour, was this the type of man safe to turn on should he be acquitted?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

KikiLaRue wrote: »
    This was a well planned murder, and that's why there is no physical evidence.

It may have been well planned or not, but surely the reason that there was no physical evidence found is more likely due to time, luck and insufficient thoroughness in searching at the time of disappearance.

was her DNA in the van ?
    was he set up .
    maybe we have be duped ?
    optical allusion

you said
    I said
    you said

imelda backed him ![/QUOTE

I wouldnt agree with a lot of what you post on this case but certainly I agree when you say he should have given evidence. He may have saved himself and it wouldnt matter if he tried to lay blame on Mary as that relationship was finished anyway.
    His defence counsel probably advised against it either because they thought the case was weak anyway and/or they thought he would make a bad witness.
    Of course going into the box leaves him open to all types of cross examination and it would be hard to explain some of what he got up to

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Kirby wrote: »

They hadn't found the body in years. Chances are it would have remained undetected for another while. Why wouldn't a person run? He's got to be a psychopath.

I think his fear was that a new farmer taking over the lease might well start up the milking parlour again. If that happened then he would be using the run off tank and would have discovered the body.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭KikiLaRue

BarryD2 wrote: »
    It may have been well planned or not, but surely the reason that there was no physical evidence found is more likely due to time, luck and insufficient thoroughness in searching at the time of disappearance.

Yes and no. Time is obviously a huge factor, but the reason the body wasn't found for all that time was because it was well hidden by someone who knew about that tank and had access to the farm.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement