Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inflated Roofing quote? - details included

Options
  • 01-05-2019 4:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭

Hi!

Our roof requires a bit of upgrading and we received a quote from a builder but some of the costs (all ex VAT) sound high to me. I was hoping someone might be able to sense check them? I've outlined the breakdown below;
    • Flat roof on an extension. It's a square with internal corner (14sqm) & then a small pitch (7.3sqm) containing two veluxs. It needs to be redone- sealed with resitrix single ply poly membrane. - €4,250
    • Slightly pitched front porch roof that that needs to be replaced with resitrix. approx 2sqm - €1,150
    • Fascias to be replaced on Porch (4m), back of house (10m) and a cast iron gutter & pipe to be replaced with PVC. €1,280
    • We also need some repointing done on a chimney. Area approx 2.25sqm surface area. €700
    • There is an area on the rear apex of main roof that requires replacement of slates- 5sqm. €1,225

It's a terraced cottage so we wouldn't need scaffolding.

Would appreciate a sense check of these costs. All are ex VAT (13.5%)

Many thanks

Advertisement