Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No option to activate my mobile phone.

Options
  • 01-05-2019 5:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭

Hi any reps here.
    I'm trying to enter the security code that was sent out to me in the post. When I click on 'manage accounts', there is no option to 'activate my mobile phone'. Hence I can't go onto the next step, which is 'activate', thus I can't enter the given security code. I'm using the website via the laptop and I've tried it on the phone. I don't have the tablet banking app.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Hi hadepsx

Thanks for reaching out to us.

When logged in through the full site on your browser, it's Manage Accounts on the left this will open with more options and then the 5th option is where you activate the mobile.

Hope this helps,

Many thanks
    Alison

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭hadepsx

Hi hadepsx

Thanks for reaching out to us.

When logged in through the full site on your browser, it's Manage Accounts on the left this will open with more options and then the 5th option is where you activate the mobile.

Hope this helps,

Many thanks
    Alison

As explained, there is no option to enter the code. I've clicked on manage accounts as you advised and went to the fifth option, but it only shows an option to amend mobile phone. As I've already done this last week and received the security code this week, I don't want to re update mobile number. So what next?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭hadepsx

My mobile is already registered to the account. Just need to enter the posted security code but cant, as explained above

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Thanks for coming back to us hadepsx

As it's not displaying the 'activate' option it would be best to reach out to our colleagues when logged in www.365online.com select Service Desk/ Ask A Question and an Advisor can check further for you.

You can also link in with the Team by phone on 0818 365 365 / 00353 140 44000. Our colleagues are available Mon-Fri 8am-12 midnight, Weekends and Bank Holidays it's 9am-6pm.

Many thanks
    Alison

• Registered Users Posts: 3 paddypower99

I have much the same problem, divided into 2 parts. I receive my activation code in the mail. Logged in to 365. I took a screen capture (not attached) which show there is NO navigation menu at the top left of the screen. Same as your man, NO sub menus to go to More services/activate my mobile.
    the 2nd problem was - I had entered a new payee. But it was not activated yet. The system told me to delete and add again. big mistake. It was to TransferWise SA-XXXX. Now, the line where you enter the name of a new payee will not accept that last 4 characters. any advice would be welcomed. Don.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

I have much the same problem, divided into 2 parts. I receive my activation code in the mail. Logged in to 365. I took a screen capture (not attached) which show there is NO navigation menu at the top left of the screen. Same as your man, NO sub menus to go to More services/activate my mobile.
    the 2nd problem was - I had entered a new payee. But it was not activated yet. The system told me to delete and add again. big mistake. It was to TransferWise SA-XXXX. Now, the line where you enter the name of a new payee will not accept that last 4 characters. any advice would be welcomed. Don.
    Hi Don,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here today. Can we check with you are you adding the payee through the mobile app or by logging into the main website and what is the error message you receive when adding the payee? 

Thanks Jen

Advertisement