Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most ruined franchises by sequels (or prequels!)

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭El Duda

Species 2 ruined a perfect film.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,794 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭urbangoo

Dumb and Dumber To was awful. I felt it changed the characters from dumb and likeable to annoying. I just pretend that film doesn't exist.

Also Speed 2 is another bad one. It ruins the end of the first one by telling us Keanu Reeves and Sandra Bullock's characters didn't stay together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Very mixed reaction to Dumb and Dumber To in general. I found it surprisingly watchable with some OK laughs, against all my worst expectations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Jurgen Klopp

Tony EH wrote: »
    The Terminator (everything after the first one really)

T2?! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,188 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

You correctly guessed the answer to the scrambled movie title from Hot Shots Part Deux

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,428 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Yes, even T2 Jurgen.

And good luck tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

I think were it not for the sequels, people would be talking about The Hangover as an all-time comedy classic.

I'd also put Shrek and Pirates of the Caribbean in this thread too. There was once a time when everyone genuinely loved Jack Sparrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭Acosta

T2 is good but always found it to be a bit overrated. It's not even the best sequel Cameron has been behind. Aliens beats it hands down.

Advertisement